realistic trade I'd like to see...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

realistic trade I'd like to see...

Vancouver get - Ryder 4.0 mil
    Boston gets - Kevin Bieksa 3.5mil

This would save us only 0.5 mil but it would give us a what I consider a #2 or 3 D-man.
    Bieksa is not big but a rugged little bugger (6'1" - 205lbs), has some offensive potential (2 - 45 pts seasons) and will drop the gloves. He has a booming shot and his health issues are over blown because of some real freak injuries, not because he was physically breaking down.

Vancouver was the higher bidder for Ryder when Boston signed him, they have a real need for wingers and are deep with about 9 NHL defensemen. Both these players are UFA at the end of next season.

This trade really would help both sides. Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbruin4. Show mrbruin4's posts

Re: realistic trade I'd like to see...

In Response to realistic trade I'd like to see...:
    Vancouver get - Ryder 4.0 mil Boston gets - Kevin Bieksa 3.5mil This would save us only 0.5 mil but it would give us a what I consider a #2 or 3 D-man. Bieksa is not big but a rugged little bugger (6'1" - 205lbs), has some offensive potential (2 - 45 pts seasons) and will drop the gloves. He has a booming shot and his health issues are over blown because of some real freak injuries, not because he was physically breaking down. Vancouver was the higher bidder for Ryder when Boston signed him, they have a real need for wingers and are deep with about 9 NHL defensemen. This trade really would help both sides. Thoughts?
    Posted by savybergy77

Vancouver is over the cap and would not want to add 4 mil they need to purge 4 mil

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Why would Vancouver give him up for an overpaid Ryder?  You'd have to throw in at least a 2nd round pick.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

True but they only have about 8 NHL forwards right now, so they are going to have to get some from somewhere and that means spending money. They can't just sign 4 AHLer's. There going to have to move more salary also.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

In Response to Re: realistic trade I'd like to see...:
    Why would Vancouver give him up for an overpaid Ryder?  You'd have to throw in at least a 2nd round pick.
    Posted by KrayzieJoe

I seen Bieksa on TSN - Off The Record and he said he's probably on the way out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

The Canucks are saying, Okay, let me see, we take Ryder off your hands, you get a decent defenseman in Bieksa...and what exactly do we get again? What's the part I'm missing?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Oh, and folks, for the record, before anyone else goes and proposes another ridiculous Michael-Ryder-for-something-good trade, let's just be clear about something:

MICHAEL RYDER IS NOT A GOOD HOCKEY PLAYER.

Neither am I, but that's probably why I work in an office. Michael should probably consider the same.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Oh, and folks, for the record, before anyone else goes and proposes another ridiculous Michael -Ryder-for-something-good trade, let's just be clear about something: MICHAEL RYDER IS NOT A GOOD HOCKEY PLAYER. Neither am I, but that's probably why I work in an office. Michael should probably consider the same.
    Posted by CHARAWINSTHENORRIS

Not a good haockey player, and not deserving of his contract are two differnt things, pre salary cap era, no one would have an issue with him playing on the third line for their team..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

That trade is realistic if you don't include Ryder, include Wheeler instead and throw in a first round pick.

Nobody wants Ryder's crappy play and crappy contract.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhanlon156. Show bhanlon156's posts

I do not think the word "realistic" means what you think it means.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

I think a more realistic trade would be next offseason between Boston and Tampa.

TO BOSTON: RYAN MALONE(LW)
    TO TAMPA: TIM THOMAS(G)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Why would anybody want Ryder ??? The man has one of the best wristers in the game, but it takes him forever to load it...other than that he sukz.
    4 Million- No heart - No thanks. CJ was pulling the puppets strings on this deal...nice job boys...at least he doesn't play center -

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

hockguy, throw in a prospect or a pick from the bruins and sure
    Posted by pbergeron37

I actually think that if TT is dealt next offseason that Tampa would be a fit, and Malone would be a very realistic player coming back over. Probably have to throw in a 2nd or 3rd rounder. I like Malone. I see a lot of Horton in him, in the fact that he's on an awful team and scores 25 goals a year. With more talent around him, he'd be a threat to chip in 30 or so, something Horton is very capable of doing (and what I expect him to do) this year. He's got good size too. The one drawback is his contract, which pays him $4.5M until he just turns 35. Who knows, maybe TT is dealt to Tampa for him next offseason?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

To dump Ryder will be tough but a team with cap space can chance a one year contract along with a prospect for reassurance  ie Hamil Marchand can probably get a GM's attention.

Hockeyguy I would like to see Ryan Malone in Bruins uniform but his contract is longer then Ryder's but overall better player but I would not give up Thomas unless we have a consistent goalie to back up Rask. Ryder and Marchand may get Stevie Y attention to pick up the phone at least maybe talk about Ryder with a prospect.

But overall I would keep Ryder unless we get a prospect or a high pick in return to clear some space. Thing that scares about Ryder is trade him he ends up getting 30 or more goals. Then I would say to myself go figure.

Sturm injury will be a slow recovery hopefully until PC and Neely brew up a trade. In conclusion the Bruins are not in bad shape and this pre season will get the answers Neely and PC will need.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

What would make Ryder a player of interest to other teams is the fact that his contract expires at the end of the season.  Beyond that fact there is little to draw interest in him.

I don't think the proposed trade is that uneven...if Vancouver wants a contract that will soon be done and a winger that does play better in the playoffs.  Those are big ifs.  And further, why would we want another D-man?

My hope is that Ryder gets put on waivers and then is sent to Providence.  That is the benefit of players filing for arbitration is that is reopened the waiver window.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from eyeinthesky. Show eyeinthesky's posts

I almost posted a similar trade yesterday for Bieksa...

Bieksa is definitely on his way out of Vancouver since they have 8 Dmen and he's in his last year with a 3.5 salary. Van needs Forwards

Bieksa is my favorite non-Bruin Defenseman, yes I'm serious and probably the only MA person to think that. This guy is Mark Stuart with Oskills.  He is tough as nails, great shot, great hitting, great teammate, sticks up for guys all the time, and sticks up for himself.  Always wins his fights (like stuart) and he always gets the last shot in.  (closest loss to Eager who is a bigger man)

ANYWAY, i would propose a Ryder and Hunwick package.
                  or maybe a Ryder, Sauve, and 2nd 2011

Bieksa plays a Boston style and would become a fan favorite, guarnateed

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Ryder is a very good 3rd or 4th line winger and we are not deep in that position... ie we need him!

If this team can somehow manage to keep Savard and Ryder AND can sign Wheeler and Seguin AND pick up a better-than-average backup for Rask... we should challenge for the Cup this year. I like TT, but his contract is too high for a backup (if Rask can't handle the starting spot, Chia will look a lot smarter!)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Ryder is a very good 3rd or 4th line winger and we are not deep in that position... ie we need him! If this team can somehow manage to keep Savard and Ryder AND can sign Wheeler and Seguin AND pick up a better-than-average backup for Rask... we should challenge for the Cup this year. I like TT, but his contract is too high for a backup (if Rask can't handle the starting spot, Chia will look a lot smarter!)
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

Thomas has a contract that is too high for a backup (Rask only started 39 season games last year) but Ryder's $1M less is okay for fourth line duty.

Got it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucic27. Show lucic27's posts

dump the salary 

trade (savard and ryder) colorado (peter mueller)

trade ( thomas )            tampa    ( ryan malone)

sign   (wheeler)

lucic  kreci  horton

recchi bergeron mueller

malone séguin wheeler

paillé campbell thorton    ( sturm IR )

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

They way Ryder loafs around he's not even good enough to be on the 3rd or 4th line of Boston's ECHL affiliate Reading! He's bum and I can't wait to see him not get signed or looked at next summer by anyone well then again there's the bottom feeders Atlanta and Islanders so he'll probably keep a job for a few more years.

PS. Funny how each thread almost always certainly starts on a certain subject but then goes to Thomas traded yet ?, Savard going out west, Cap room questions, Ryder not ever getting traded or Sturm's LTIR. The dog days of summer are upon us.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I do not think the word "realistic" means what you think it means.
    Posted by bhanlon156

haha, bingo.