Reich back in mix

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from emjd. Show emjd's posts

Reich back in mix

Posted by Fluto Shinzawa, Globe Staff July 1, 2010 06:33 PM

Ex-Bruin Jeremy Reich, last seen in Black and Gold in 2007-08, has signed a one-year, two-way deal with his old club.

Through 2006-08, Reich appeared in 90 games for the Bruins, scoring two goals and three assists while recording 141 penalty minutes. In 2008-09, Reich was the Providence captain, where he mentored youngsters such as Brad Marchand.

The grinding wing signed with the Islanders on June 2, 2009. But Reich broke his wrist during the preseason and didn't appear in any NHL games in 2009-10.

During his previous stint with the Bruins, Reich was a favorite in the dressing room

do we really need another fourth line winger or is he here for providence?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Reich back in mix

he likely will be the captain of the baby B's.  and in a pinch he can be called up.  I actually liked him when he was here

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Useless

-adjective

serving no purpose, having no use

See:  Jeremy Reich

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxx. Show mxx's posts

WOW, Chia is sure making some noise! A good charactor guy and 8-10 goals for sure ................................... for the baby Bs. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Re: Reich back in mix:
    Useless -adjective serving no purpose, having no use See:  Jeremy Reich
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

That's funny!

But a bit harsh....I know he's no Zach  (Dorothy) Hamill, but he's a notch, maybe two, above useless. For example, he often volunteers to open the the bench door, fills the water bottles and I hear he's a pretty fair Zamboni mechanic.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mebackagin. Show mebackagin's posts

The cup is ours for the taking!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

had to look twice thought it was an old post  lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Hazel Mae will be happy, where is she?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

PC has to fill out his Providence roster with some experience and leaders down at the Dunk. I'd rather have Reich making the trip up to Boston than useless Whitfield. Jeremy is a fan favorite of PBruins fans and that puts fannies in the seats.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

"back in the mix" is a reach....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Fan-In-MD. Show Bruins-Fan-In-MD's posts

31 years old in Providence?  3 years NHL experience?  Huh?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Reich back in mix:
    PC has to fill out his Providence roster with some experience and leaders down at the Dunk. I'd rather have Reich making the trip up to Boston than useless Whitfield. Jeremy is a fan favorite of PBruins fans and that puts fannies in the seats.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Whitfield, while terrible, is at least partly decent keeping the puck out of the B's net, and he's okay at faceoffs.

Reich is okay at nothing more than fighting, and in today's NHL, unless you are the Rangers or Flyers, that's a useless skillset.