Revised prediction for Tyler Seguin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: Revised prediction for Tyler Seguin

In Response to
    [QUOTE]31 goals to lead the Bruins, 41 assists, 72 points.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]
    roflcopter!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

18-32-50

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

I like the kid, and think we'll be mentioning "possible 100 points" out of him down the road.

But in his 19 year old season?

15-20-35 would be a fine start. Playing against Philadelphia and Buffalo isn't the same as playing against Kingston and Guelph, and I think he'll need time to adjust.

I do think that as long as the Bruins make the playoffs, he could be a fairly dangerous guy there. He'll have a season's worth of maturity at that time, and some lumps and battle scars that will help him experience wise.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigjeezy. Show bigjeezy's posts

i say 19 goals and 30 assists

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianBruin. Show CanadianBruin's posts

10 ginos 20 apples

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Seguin will get 2 goals and a 1 assist before being sent back down to Plymouth (after 9 games) and eventually traded to London Knights (playing along side Jarod Knight), where he'll get 120 points, lead the league in scoring, lead the Knights to the Memorial Cup and Canadian Juniors to a Gold Medal.

Or.....he'll get 17 goals and 25 assists playing the full season with the Bruins (none against the Leafs....I hope......LOL).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I need 55 points to win a bet it'll be tough. "72 points" what !? you're off your rocker son!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

If he winds up centering the third line with Ryder and Paille, im going to say like 13-22 = 35pts

If he gets 2nd line or 3rdline winger duty with Bergy and Rex then ill say 22-25 and 30-35 for 57pts.

Either way This kid will produce I just hope he keeps improving and has a great playoffs this year while the "Thrill" Is hitting the links.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

If he centers a line with Daniel "Hands" Paille on it, trend all predictions downward.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigNickster. Show BigNickster's posts

Tyler is potentially starting on a better team not like Jumbo Joe
    I am can go on a limb and say 60 points +

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Revised prediction for Tyler Seguin:
    [QUOTE]Tyler is potentially starting on a better team not like Jumbo Joe I am can go on a limb and say 60 points +
    Posted by BigNickster[/QUOTE]

Tyler has superior work ethic, not like Jumbo Joe.

I would be thrilled to see him score 30+, but I wouldn't be shocked.

The ONLY question is how fast he develops and what his upper limit is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Whomever has the good fortune of playing on the same line with Tyler in 2010-11 is in for their career best year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Food for thought - Bergeron's rookie year was 16g, 23a, 39pts.  That might be a good comparable, given the age and the situation with the team (that was 2004).  I assume Seguin is more talented than Bergeron was, so perhaps 45-50 points is not that unreasonable.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

27 goals and 43 Assists--- 70 pts.  +/-  = +15

3 shootout game winners

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

i'm going from 40 to 60 points since he will be playing with savard in the next few months.

Caron will get about 40 points. His breakway scoring touch was suprising and refreshing to see

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

That's a something that I haven't thought of Seguin's points could come more rapidly when Savard returns. ESPN has Tyler at 31g 21a 51pts projection so it will be interesting to see where he ends up and not to mention fun to watch.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Revised prediction for Tyler Seguin:
    [QUOTE]I love the fact that he's scored and that he's a scorer and a playmaker, and look forward to seeing him get stronger almost by the game.  But let's not be disappointed if he cools off, goal-wise.  Right now the Bs are cranking, but it's not likely to last for the whole season.
    Posted by Ergoetal[/QUOTE]

You may be right, but I'll love it for as long as it lasts.

Even if the scoring slows down, the learning continues.

Isolate a little more on him and you'll see his missed opportunities are getting more quality all the time.

Also bear in mind no garbage goals yet, in a sense he hasn't been lucky.  His goals have been all hard work skill goals.

I'd like to see him in a shoot out.