Rumor: Savard and Wheeler to Sens

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan17. Show lucicfan17's posts

Rumor: Savard and Wheeler to Sens

I am not liking this idea too much...we are still stuck with deadweight salaries in Ryder and Thomas...no cup if this goes thru.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Rumor: Savard and Wheeler to Sens

www.hockeybuzzsucks.com

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Rumor: Savard and Wheeler to Sens:
    http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/RumorSavardWheeler-to-Ottawae3-Could-Philly-Trade-Gagne-to-the-Rangers/1/29341 I am not liking this idea too much...we are still stuck with deadweight salaries in Ryder and Thomas...no cup if this goes thru.
    Posted by lucicfan17

As a heads up, we have been discussing this report over here.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9528Discussion%3a1d6b6270-2ce0-43cc-b9b7-19526f5755b9

And yes NAS has pontificated on this subject over there as well.  Can't miss stuff from NAS as always.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

What would you think if they traded?

To Ottawa:
    Marc Savard (4mill) 7 yrs left
    Tim Thomas  (5mill) 3yrs left
    Blake Wheeler (RFA rights)

To Boston:
    Mike Fisher (4mill) 3 yrs left
    Pascal Leclaire (3.6mill) 1 yr left
    Erik Karlsson (875k) 2yrs left

who knows what the deal is? just having fun with it, we probably wont even trade with Ottawa.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I would think that baboons had taken over Canada's capital.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

This is crazy and based on nothing, but what about TT for Leclair straight up. I don't think Elliot is a true #1 NHL goalie. It saves us 1.4 in cap space this year and 5 million in 2011-2012 and 2012-2013. Leclair could do decent in claude's system. Don't know if TT or ottawa would go for it though. NAS, don't insult me. Just say yes its realistic or no

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Rumor: Savard and Wheeler to Sens:
    This is crazy and based on nothing, but what about TT for Leclair straight up. I don't think Elliot is a true #1 NHL goalie. It saves us 1.4 in cap space this year and 5 million in 2011-2012 and 2012-2013. Leclair could do decent in claude's system. Don't know if TT or ottawa would go for it though. NAS, don't insult me. Just say yes its realistic or no
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

No.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I think that trade would make the Versteeg for Bochenski deal look like the smartest move PC ever made.

What would you think if they traded? To Ottawa: Marc Savard (4mill) 7 yrs left Tim Thomas  (5mill) 3yrs left Blake Wheeler (RFA rights) To Boston: Mike Fisher (4mill) 3 yrs left Pascal Leclaire (3.6mill) 1 yr left Erik Karlsson (875k) 2yrs left who knows what the deal is? just having fun with it, we probably wont even trade with Ottawa.
    Posted by lucicfan

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

I think that trade would make the Versteeg for Bochenski deal look like the smartest move PC ever made. In Response to Re: Rumor: Savard and Wheeler to Sens :
    Posted by bandgbleeder

I personally want to keep all 3 of our players. I just threw something out there seeing as there was no mention of return. plus I wouldnt wanna trade TT to Ottawa because he always plays great there. TT and especially Savy will haunt us 6 times a year. I like Wheeler too but if he wants too much money his stint in a B's jersey may be over.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

For this to happen not only baboons but mentally challenged baboons would have to have taken over the Ottawa front office.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigblue72. Show bigblue72's posts

What would you think if they traded? To Ottawa: Marc Savard (4mill) 7 yrs left Tim Thomas  (5mill) 3yrs left Blake Wheeler (RFA rights) To Boston: Mike Fisher (4mill) 3 yrs left Pascal Leclaire (3.6mill) 1 yr left Erik Karlsson (875k) 2yrs left who knows what the deal is? just having fun with it, we probably wont even trade with Ottawa.
    Posted by lucicfan

The only thing I like about this trade is that Carrie Underwood would be in attendance at a lot of Bruins games. SHWING!!!!!!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Trading Savard when the team is stacked to go deep this year is a ridiculous idea. 
    Posted by ipot

I hope I am wrong, but I don't see this team as, "stacked to go deep." I see a lot of potential... but just as many questions too?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

I love Bruins fans who think this team is stacked. Our 3-6 Defense (Ference, Hunwick, Stuart and Boychuck) has to be the worst 3-6 unit in the league. And our "scoring wings" (Ryder, Horton, Wheeler and Sturm) likewise has to be in the bottom three units in the league. Our grinder wings (Lucic, Ricchi, Paille and Thorton) are certainly not in the top half of the league as a unit. We have a good top defensive pair in Chara and Seidenberg and there is a lot of talent at center, but seriously - STACKED??? You gotta be wearing black and gold glasses to see that. Probably a black and gold speedo too. In Response to Re: Rumor: Savard and Wheeler to Sens :
    Posted by pumpsiefan

You don't watch a whole lot of other teams, do you?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

I love Bruins fans who think this team is stacked. Our 3-6 Defense (Ference, Hunwick, Stuart and Boychuck) has to be the worst 3-6 unit in the league. And our "scoring wings" (Ryder, Horton, Wheeler and Sturm) likewise has to be in the bottom three units in the league. Our grinder wings (Lucic, Ricchi, Paille and Thorton) are certainly not in the top half of the league as a unit. We have a good top defensive pair in Chara and Seidenberg and there is a lot of talent at center, but seriously - STACKED??? You gotta be wearing black and gold glasses to see that. Probably a black and gold speedo too. In Response to Re: Rumor: Savard and Wheeler to Sens :
    Posted by pumpsiefan

They definately aren't stacked, but don't try and tell me they aren't contenders.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

That would be terrible ....trading Wheeler is the end of the story for the Stanley Cup ....

Stanley Cup to the Bruins in 2011-2012-2013 (Only if Big Wheel stays)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Posted by pumpsiefan
    Stacked.....no they are not (except at center of course), but they look like a top 10 to me and in today's game that is a contender. With Seguin, and 4 picks in the first 2 rounds next draft it appears they are headed for greener pastures giving Bruin fans a lot of reasons to be "optimistic"........ for those who wish to be!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins248. Show bruins248's posts

so yo are saying boychuck and stuart aren't good , just because they don't score doesn't mean they aren't good they are solid defenders. and recchi lucic horton and wheeler are getting underated. I do have to agree that hunwick, sturm, ference, and ryder help bring them down but still are decent players. why are we all so negative wait till the season starts then comment on who's terrible or not

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from djzizz. Show djzizz's posts

Posted by pumpsiefan

i think its safe to say pumpsie knows not a thing about hockey.. and for the people who say if wheeler goes theres no cup.. you're just as dumb maybe even dumber than pumpsie.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Let's look at this concept of 'stacked': 1. What team had the fewest goals allowed last year?  Case closed.   2. It's the SYSTEM that works not just the individual players. I'm no huge fan of Hunwick or Ference either, but we somehow managed to have the best D in the league regardless.   3. We just got Horton who will offset Sturm or Wheeler. 4. With the notable exception of Kessel, most of the 2009 Presidents Trophy team is here.   5. We also suffered more man/game injuries than any team in the NHL last year. 6. And how about this kid Seguin? A #2 pick who could interchangeably be #1? 6. The Capitals were stacked by all your logics and see where that got them?   Yes, this team is primed to make a regular season run that will put them in the Top 3 or 4 in the East.  What they do in the playoffs is all that matters, ain't it?
    Posted by ipot

1. The answer to your question "What team had the fewest goals allowed last year?" That would be the New Jersey Devils 

2. The SJ Sharks won the President's trophy in 09, not the Bruins

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Marc Savard will not be traded this year.  And especially not to a team that will challenge for a playoff spot like Ottawa.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Posted by Not-A-Shot

I would think Ottawa had sent their baboon to Boston if B makes this trade.

I like possibility of Karlson, but we are giving up way too much talent.

As for Sav throwing a team mate under the bus, there are quite a few absolute drivel posters on here I would like to send with Sob.

2009 Boston had fewest goals at 190, in 2010 2nd fewest at 191 behind Jersey at 186, the D is the best in the league as is the goaltending and TT is the main reason why, Rask needs to play this year like last years run for the playoffs not like his run against Philly.  Z needs to be signed. Sav needs to lead the O and WH needs to be a big part of it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Posted by Not-A-Shot

I can't wait until you have to take off that stupid Zack Hamill signature. I hope the kid is an awesome player and rubs it in the face of all you so called bruins fans

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Why do people think a 33 year old center coming off a concussion is going to increase his numbers and a 24 year old one won't?

Savard is on the downside of his career and his production is begginning to drop and his concussion will only speed up this process.

Krejci has already had a 73 point season and is getting closer to his prime, if he gets any talent at all on his wings scoring 80-90 points next year is quite likely.  Even more so if Savard is traded and Krejci gets to run the number one PP.