RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview

"pre madonna"

Are you suggesting players were tougher before Like A Virgin came out?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview:
    [QUOTE]"pre madonna" Are you suggesting players were tougher before Like A Virgin came out?
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Ron Duguay!  (Kim Alexis) Now there is a woman's man.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]"pre madonna" Are you suggesting players were tougher before Like A Virgin came out?
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

I did not even get that for a second I was like "clearly that was a comment I made, what did I say??" my bad, all I do is work, so lately i get a couple letters in and the brain is off repetition takes over, no reason for prima donna to come out as pre madonna, but that is what i am sticking with..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Savard is a pro. This won't be an issue.

In fact, if it really bothers him, he might just step up his game in an effort to "stick it" to all the haters (not saying this will happen but it is just as possible as any other outcome!)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview :     I work for a large company. There is a job opening in another city, and I decide I am going to take it. My boss doesn't want me to go, offers me a few perks, and talks me into staying. A month goes by, and suddenly some wiz-kid appears that will do my job at 1/2 the money, so the boss comes to me and says he no longer wants me, and would prefer I now transfer. The job I originally wanted is no longer available, Do I have a right to be upset?
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]

Two problems with this.

1.  If you went to the other company and got to keep the contract/perks, would you be upset?  I mean, you wanted to go there to begin with, right?

2.  Savard's job would be available on the team he was traded to.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview : Two problems with this. 1.  If you went to the other company and got to keep the contract/perks, would you be upset?  I mean, you wanted to go there to begin with, right? As I mentioned jn my scenario, that job was no longer available in the city I was wanting to move to. 2.  Savard's job would be available on the team he was traded to.Teams have been making moves in the off-season. A team that Savard may have been interested in signing with, may have now filled their center position, and unlike Chiarelli, may not be willing to dump someone they just signed.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Shawn Thornton was on Toucher & Rich today, and said that the Canadian media tends to blow up stories like this, especially in the summertime when there's not much hockey for them to write about, the Toronto and Ottawa media in particular. Thornton also said that Savard is no problem in the locker room.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

This all moot, Sav will be here for the next 3 years for sure.  Pc has to be at least intelligent enough to realise his is far from the worst, for cap issues, Pc is after all a Haaaaaaarvvvid grad.

Then again maybe the JJ bashers are right as the B's will be spending 4.223 over their actual cap salaries and Sav is good for 3 of that, maybe that is the real reason for him to be expendable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview : I agree I don't think anyone has found anything that says that he was asked to waive his no trade, but so much speculation, had to come from somewhere, and i think savy is a bit of a pre madonna over sensative player.. I just think if the bruins trade him prior to his extension kicking in, it becomes a "black eye" or blemish or whatever you want to call it, on the front office.. All things considered he is one of the best offensive centers in the game today and his cap hit (if he is healthy) makes him a steal..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]
    I completely agree with this post! I just hope that the Savard of two seasons ago is back. The one from this past season.....Well he kind of gave himself a black eye as well. However, I will give him the benefit of the doubt & say he had a frustrating season & everyone is different in how they handle certain situations. Savvy; I will say has helped make the Bruins a better hockey team. I just hope this whole thing blows over & Savvy & the rest of the B's have a great season!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

One who is a prima donna is: aloof, self-centred, distant, a bad teammate, selfish, inflated ego, vain

One who is overly sensitive is: sensitive, emotionally immature, rash, overly outspoken, overly opinionated, likely to jump to conclusions.

Not the same thing.  Savard is overly sensitive....not a prima donna.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Savard is passionate to a fault.  But Prima Donna's are completely self-centered.  Prima Donna's dont care where they play or about the groups of guys they play with.

Savard does not fall into this category.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsNumber4. Show BruinsNumber4's posts

i think some poeple are being over sensative about the comments Savard made.  he didnt really say anything that surprising to anyone that follows hockey. stop making it sound like Savard told the Ottawa sun he was taking his puck and going home or simaliar nonsense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]i think some poeple are being over sensative about the comments Savard made.  he didnt really say anything that surprising to anyone that follows hockey. stop making it sound like Savard told the Ottawa sun he was taking his puck and going home or simaliar nonsense.
    Posted by BruinsNumber4[/QUOTE]

I follow hockey a bit, and it's very surprising to me that a Boston player would say that trade rumors hurt his feelings...in an Ottawa newspaper.  I've never heard of such a thing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neelybestallaround. Show Neelybestallaround's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview : I follow hockey a bit, and it's very surprising to me that a Boston player would say that trade rumors hurt his feelings...in an Ottawa newspaper.  I've never heard of such a thing.

I have to admit. I don't think I have either.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview : I follow hockey a bit, and it's very surprising to me that a Boston player would say that trade rumors hurt his feelings...in an Ottawa newspaper.  I've never heard of such a thing.

We've about run this one into the ground.  My final thought.  If Savard "ran" to the Ottawa newspaper, and made the comments he did....no question, he was out of line....way out of line.  If the paper ran to him, and pressed for something...altogether different.  If that's the case, I'd have to agree with an earlier poster who said, we're the ones who are overly sensitive.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview : We've about run this one into the ground.  My final thought.  If Savard "ran" to the Ottawa newspaper, and made the comments he did....no question, he was out of line....way out of line.  If the paper ran to him, and pressed for something...altogether different.  If that's the case, I'd have to agree with an earlier poster who said, we're the ones who are overly sensitive.
    Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm sure the Ottawa Sun employs some hardcore investigavite reporters who honed their skills pressing for inforamation in a gulag. 

Here's how simple it would have been:  "I don't really follow the rumors.  A couple of the guys said I was mentioned, but I'm still a Bruin, so how's the mill churning?  Hey, it's the summertime, you guys need to fill your pages right?"

Instead, he went to his heartfelt feelings as if he was Partick Swayze with Barbara Walters.  "Whaaaaa.  I came here when they stunk and I tried really hard (for $5M a year).  Now, people online are saying I might get dealt and I don't like it.  It makes me sad."

I bet Terry O'Reilly choked on his pancakes when he read about this.  So did Cashman.  And Neely.  For some reason, I picture Nilan reading it an laughing.  'Wow, what a $*@$*&.'

How sad does it make you, Savard?  If you want to be a Bruin that bad, rip up your old contract and pay for the league minimum.  Sign a seven year, $3.5M deal and retire a Boston Bruin.  (Yes, I know contracts can't be re-negotiated per the CBA, but if it were possible, do you think he would?)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview : Yeah, I'm sure the Ottawa Sun employs some hardcore investigavite reporters who honed their skills pressing for inforamation in a gulag.  Here's how simple it would have been:  "I don't really follow the rumors.  A couple of the guys said I was mentioned, but I'm still a Bruin, so how's the mill churning?  Hey, it's the summertime, you guys need to fill your pages right?" Instead, he went to his heartfelt feelings as if he was Partick Swayze with Barbara Walters.  "Whaaaaa.  I came here when they stunk and I tried really hard (for $5M a year).  Now, people online are saying I might get dealt and I don't like it.  It makes me sad." I bet Terry O'Reilly choked on his pancakes when he read about this.  So did Cashman.  And Neely.  For some reason, I picture Nilan reading it an laughing.  'Wow, what a $*@$*&.' How sad does it make you, Savard?  If you want to be a Bruin that bad, rip up your old contract and pay for the league minimum.  Sign a seven year, $3.5M deal and retire a Boston Bruin.  (Yes, I know contracts can't be re-negotiated per the CBA, but if it were possible, do you think he would?)

Your impassioned speel here proves your "square pegs in square holes" mentality.  Rather than "take a thought for what it is", maybe even consider the content, you crystal ball what others may or may not think in attempting to validate your position.   I didn't say that he was dealing with Mike Wallace or Geraldo Rivera.  I said he "could" have been dealing with a pushy repoter.  Playing for 3.5 mil has nothing to do with anything here.  You wildly exaggerate his "heartfelt feelings" thing too. 
    What you feel he coulda/shoulda said, I'm in agreement with.  However, is it really that big a deal that he didn't do it "your way"?  Is it that big a deal period?  To me, it's not nearly as big as refusing to take some ownership of the too many men call.  Your posts here scream of a fan who absolutely detests a hockey player, and you'll go to any lengths to call him out.....on anything 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview : Your impassioned speel here proves your "square pegs in square holes" mentality.  Rather than "take a thought for what it is", maybe even consider the content, you crystal ball what others may or may not think in attempting to validate your position.   I didn't say that he was dealing with Mike Wallace or Geraldo Rivera.  I said he "could" have been dealing with a pushy repoter.  Playing for 3.5 mil has nothing to do with anything here.  You wildly exaggerate his "heartfelt feelings" thing too.  What you feel he coulda/shoulda said, I'm in agreement with.  However, is it really that big a deal that he didn't do it "your way"?  Is it that big a deal period?  To me, it's not nearly as big as refusing to take some ownership of the too many men call.  Your posts here scream of a fan who absolutely detests a hockey player, and you'll go to any lengths to call him out.....on anything 

Sorry NAS but I think stevegm hit the nail on the head with his last comment. That's what I make of it too reading your multiple posts on Savard.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Does Savard even know why the Bruins want to trade him if possible?

The guy is clueless. Good player but clueless and classless. You just can't put another teammate under the bus like he did. Even if he was right he can't avoid the blame

He could be a man and state that he didn't perform up to par vs the Flyers and he had his share of blame for the penalty hapenning

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]Does Savard even know why the Bruins want to trade him if possible? The guy is clueless. Good player but clueless and classless. You just can't put another teammate under the bus like he did. Even if he was right he can't avoid the blame He could be a man and state that he didn't perform up to par vs the Flyers and he had his share of blame for the penalty hapenning
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

If you believe that Chiarelli is trying to trade Savard because of a comment he made, that's about as clueless as it gets. Savard came back from a career threatening head injury, to try and help this team win...he didn't have to. You can't describe that guy as "classless". The man is passionate, something in short supply on the ice, and behind the bench. We could use more like him.
    There is only one reason he is even being considered to be traded - mathematics. In addition to being up against the cap, with upcoming important signings to resolve - eventually this team will need 3 top line centers - not four. The only one besides you without a clue is this GM. It amazes me how many fans have turned on our best offensive player, where would this team have been without Marc Savard? First Kessel- now Savard...the Claude Julien factor in full effect???

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview : If you believe that Chiarelli is trying to trade Savard because of a comment he made, that's about as clueless as it gets. Savard came back from a career threatening head injury, to try and help this team win...he didn't have to. You can't describe that guy as "classless". The man is passionate, something in short supply on the ice, and behind the bench. We could use more like him. There is only one reason he is even being considered to be traded - mathematics. In addition to being up against the cap, with upcoming important signings to resolve - eventually this team will need 3 top line centers - not four. The only one besides you without a clue is this GM. It amazes me how many fans have turned on our best offensive player, where would this team have been without Marc Savard? First Kessel- now Savard...the Claude Julien factor in full effect???
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

Dude are you serious? Cam Neely as soon as he became president wanted him out because mainly he put Sobokta under the bus(financial reasons is secondary). Its not PC who wants him out if it was up to him. The guy signed him to an extension just last year. And he signed him to a bargain deal for waht Savard can bring.

You also don't trade a guy because he got an injury. That is cowardly crap.

Plus if you want to relieve financial harship you trade other guys

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview : Sorry NAS but I think stevegm hit the nail on the head with his last comment. That's what I make of it too reading your multiple posts on Savard.  
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

No need to be sorry at all.  Your approval of my opinion isn't needed, requested, required or desired.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview : Your impassioned speel here proves your "square pegs in square holes" mentality.  Rather than "take a thought for what it is", maybe even consider the content, you crystal ball what others may or may not think in attempting to validate your position.   I didn't say that he was dealing with Mike Wallace or Geraldo Rivera.  I said he "could" have been dealing with a pushy repoter.  Playing for 3.5 mil has nothing to do with anything here.  You wildly exaggerate his "heartfelt feelings" thing too.  What you feel he coulda/shoulda said, I'm in agreement with.  However, is it really that big a deal that he didn't do it "your way"?  Is it that big a deal period?  To me, it's not nearly as big as refusing to take some ownership of the too many men call.  Your posts here scream of a fan who absolutely detests a hockey player, and you'll go to any lengths to call him out.....on anything 

It's not about doing it my way.  It's about being a man and being a professional...and being a Boston Bruin.  Crying in a rival city's newspaper just doesn't happen...unless you're Marc Savard.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Cam Neely as soon as he became president wanted him out because mainly he put Sobokta under the bus(financial reasons is secondary)."

http://www.nesn.com/2010/06/cam-neely-downplays-any-disagreement-with-marc-savard.html

"Marc Savard has come in here, and the three years that he's been here, our franchise has gotten better. He's got that skill set that not many players have."

Haggerty also asked if the team was looking to trade Savard because of the way the center handled the aftermath of the too-many-men-on-the-ice penalty in Game 7 againsst Philadelphia.

"That's not why you trade players, I don't think," Neely said.

Unless you personally know Cam you might want to rethink what you said, Yaz

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

SanDog,

Yaz makes things up all the time here.