RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview

"That's not why you trade players, I don't think," Neely said.

Does that sound confident?

Think about it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JezzaNuts. Show JezzaNuts's posts

I didn't read almost any of this post. But if the Bruins fire on all cylinders year AND have Marc Savard on the team; the B's will challenge for the cup.

Without him: our future looks bright, but my hopes for a cup have worse odds, not unattainable but...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview : No need to be sorry at all.  Your approval of my opinion isn't needed, requested, required or desired.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUO

The word sorry was used to not start anything between us ( it didn't work). And it's obvious with your arrogant , I am the 'God of hockey' mentality that you don't need anybody's approval. My opinion on your opinion will be given here whether you need , request , require or desire or not . Call the 'Feelings Police' if you don't like what I post on what you say. btw I still stand by my opinion of agreeing with stevegm's comments on your dislike for Savard as I also agree with RMiller's opinion about your man crush on Burke. No approval needed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview : Nobody is blasting Savard for wanting to stay in Boston.  Not one person. However, the entire topic does blow your theory of "they don't read the papers" right out of the water.  Not surprising, of course, as you do tend to simply make stuff up.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I've disagreed with NAS in the past (although I love his style) but I completely side with him on this one.

No one said Savard isn't wanted.  Every single professional sports team is a function and product of moving pieces, especially in this day and age.  Factors like ability, positional need, and salary are some of the important issues that come to mind.

Every professional athlete takes on the inconveniences of their career choice- it's a trade off.  They get women, fame, mind boggling money and play the sport they love instead of working.  They deal with media idiots, crazy fans, injuries, gold-diggers, and the very real possibility of ending up in another city based on today's team situation.

In the Bruins' case, they have too many centers and too much salary. Hmmm, what to do?  Trade a player with a ton of value who makes $7M a year?  That's a possibility.  It doesn't mean the B's don't want him.  Savard getting his girlie feelings hurt is the issue here, and his spouting it to any media source is a terrible choice. 

The B's management is not without blame.  If they could possibly keep all potential deals out of the paper, they should do so.  They are in this position because of horrifyingly stupid signings, most notably Thomas.  But you can't trade a broken down backup goalie who makes TWICE the amount the current Stanley Cup Champion young goalie makes... and whose team walked away from.  Thats the reality of team construction.  TT is untradeable.  Ference is untradeable.  Ryder is untradeable.  You think the B's would like to start cutting salary there?  Of course-  but they can't.

I personally would love to see the B's keep Savard because they desperately need the offense.  But if they could pick up a talented puck-moving defenseman and save some money besides, the B's would be stupid not to do that.  And Savard should be bright enough to understand the realities of the game as well, and leave his little "feelings" to talks with his sister.

And anyone who believes this issue would affect a potential player from signing in Boston is even more clueless.  It's a business, and every team makes these business decisions every single day.  Grow up and get over it.

I'd also point out that being declared a free agent is likely the LAST thing Savard wants.  People act like he'd want to leave because of his bruised feelings.  The fact is, if he had to negotiate a new contract with that newly damaged noggin, he'd be worth less.  This is why the union (rightfully so) will NEVER let those contracts be voided.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview : I've disagreed with NAS in the past (although I love his style) but I completely side with him on this one. No one said Savard isn't wanted.  Every single professional sports team is a function and product of moving pieces, especially in this day and age.  Factors like ability, positional need, and salary are some of the important issues that come to mind. Every professional athlete takes on the inconveniences of their career choice- it's a trade off.  They get women, fame, mind boggling money and play the sport they love instead of working.  They deal with media idiots, crazy fans, injuries, gold-diggers, and the very real possibility of ending up in another city based on today's team situation. In the Bruins' case, they have too many centers and too much salary. Hmmm, what to do?  Trade a player with a ton of value who makes $7M a year?  That's a possibility.  It doesn't mean the B's don't want him.  Savard getting his girlie feelings hurt is the issue here, and his spouting it to any media source is a terrible choice.  The B's management is not without blame.  If they could possibly keep all potential deals out of the paper, they should do so.  They are in this position because of horrifyingly stupid signings, most notably Thomas.  But you can't trade a broken down backup goalie who makes TWICE the amount the current Stanley Cup Champion young goalie makes... and whose team walked away from.  Thats the reality of team construction.  TT is untradeable.  Ference is untradeable.  Ryder is untradeable.  You think the B's would like to start cutting salary there?  Of course-  but they can't. I personally would love to see the B's keep Savard because they desperately need the offense.  But if they could pick up a talented puck-moving defenseman and save some money besides, the B's would be stupid not to do that.  And Savard should be bright enough to understand the realities of the game as well, and leave his little "feelings" to talks with his sister. And anyone who believes this issue would affect a potential player from signing in Boston is even more clueless.  It's a business, and every team makes these business decisions every single day.  Grow up and get over it. I'd also point out that being declared a free agent is likely the LAST thing Savard wants.  People act like he'd want to leave because of his bruised feelings.  The fact is, if he had to negotiate a new contract with that newly damaged noggin, he'd be worth less.  This is why the union (rightfully so) will NEVER let those contracts be voided.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Any intelligent point you might have made here is negated by your sophomoric "little 'feelings' to talks with his sister" and "getting his girlie feelings hurt" comments. Leaving aside the misogyny, I fail to understand why you rip him for simply answering a question honestly. He hasn't complained to the media; he hadn't said one word up to that point. Not to mention that no context whatsoever was provided for what he DID say.

Savard's been ripped by plenty of so-called fans, both on this forum and elsewhere. To declare that no one said he wasn't wanted is false. Plenty of people were shipping him out of town on a rail as soon as the rumors broke. And more people were telling him to "grow up and get over it" even as he said he WANTED to stay in Boston. Easy enough for you to say that. You're not the one who has to explain to his children why so many people want to ship daddy to Siberia.

Yeah, I know. Hockey players can't show their feelings, can't worry about their kids, can't voice their stress. Man up and shut up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview : The word sorry was used to not start anything between us ( it didn't work). And it's obvious with your arrogant , I am the 'God of hockey' mentality that you don't need anybody's approval. My opinion on your opinion will be given here whether you need , request , require or desire or not . Call the 'Feelings Police' if you don't like what I post on what you say. btw I still stand by my opinion of agreeing with stevegm's comments on your dislike for Savard as I also agree with RMiller's opinion about your man crush on Burke. No approval needed.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

100% my mistake.  Apologies.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview :  Easy enough for you to say that. You're not the one who has to explain to his children why so many people want to ship daddy to Siberia. Yeah, I know. Hockey players can't show their feelings, can't worry about their kids, can't voice their stress. Man up and shut up.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

I couldn't care less about his family life.  I'm a hockey fan.  I don't watch hockey because I like other people's personal lives.  I watch hockey because I like hockey.

If a Boston center has unhappy kids and the team loses, I'm unhappy too.  If a Boston center has unhappy kids and the team wins, I'm happy.

If he loves his kids so much and wants to make them as happy as humanly possible, he can quit his job and go back to Peterborough.  I'm sure he could get a job with the Petes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview : I couldn't care less about his family life.  I'm a hockey fan.  I don't watch hockey because I like other people's personal lives.  I watch hockey because I like hockey. If a Boston center has unhappy kids and the team loses, I'm unhappy too.  If a Boston center has unhappy kids and the team wins, I'm happy. If he loves his kids so much and wants to make them as happy as humanly possible, he can quit his job and go back to Peterborough.  I'm sure he could get a job with the Petes.

I'm well aware that you'd prefer that professional hockey be played by androids, but unfortunately they're living breathing human beings, prey to all the ills that flesh is heir to. When their children fall ill, their wives suffer miscarriages, they go through divorces, their brothers are confined to mental institutions, it affects their performance. Whether you care or not is irrelevant.

Their personal lives affect not only their performance, but where they choose to ply their trade. How they're treated, unfortunately for you, IS relevant. Though some players will always be lured by a huge salary, if a GM treats his players fairly (not to say coddle, just treat fairly), if the team has a commitment to winning, if other players think it's worth playing there, yes, it makes a difference.

BTW, Darren Dreger Tweeted a few hours ago: "Sources say the Bruins will not be trading Marc Savard. I've seen a few rumours to the contrary..." 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yeah, some players will be lured by a huge salary.  Sort of like a former Atlanta center who became a UFA and signed a big $20M deal elsewhere.

I understand that they are people, but that doesn't mean I care what their problems are.  Players come and go.  I'm a hockey fan.  I'm a Bruins fan.  Whether or not Savard's kids are happy is no concern of mine.  If his unhappy kids are going to elicit a poor performance from him, I want him gone even more.

This is one of the only reasons I hate the internet.  There is always room to print everything.  Before, only the most important stories were told because there was only so much space in the paper. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, some players will be lured by a huge salary.  Sort of like a former Atlanta center who became a UFA and signed a big $20M deal elsewhere. I understand that they are people, but that doesn't mean I care what their problems are.  Players come and go.  I'm a hockey fan.  I'm a Bruins fan.  Whether or not Savard's kids are happy is no concern of mine.  If his unhappy kids are going to elicit a poor performance from him, I want him gone even more. This is one of the only reasons I hate the internet.  There is always room to print everything.  Before, only the most important stories were told because there was only so much space in the paper. 

I didn't say he'd play badly because his children are unhappy. He might play badly if one of his children is ill, but that's beside the point. YOU expressed anger at him for honesty expressing the fact that he's upset by trade rumors (and the attendant fallout). If, as you say, you don't care, why are you angry at him? Why must he be a good unemotional robot and fall in line? What difference does it make to YOU?

As for the internet making a differnce, that's revisionist history. How many trees died for the sake of "important stories" in the Boston press about Ted Williams' personal life?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview : I didn't say he'd play badly because his children are unhappy. He might play badly if one of his children is ill, but that's beside the point. YOU expressed anger at him for honesty expressing the fact that he's upset by trade rumors (and the attendant fallout). If, as you say, you don't care, why are you angry at him? Why must he be a good unemotional robot and fall in line? What difference does it make to YOU? As for the internet making a differnce, that's revisionist history. How many trees died for the sake of "important stories" in the Boston press about Ted Williams' personal life?
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

There you go, making things up again.  Honestly, do you ever stop?  I believe you are an intelligent woman, so I can only believe that these incorrect posts are not mistakes, but intentional attempts to spread misinformation. 

Just as no one was bothered by Savard wanting to stay in Boston (as you declared earlier), I'm not angered by Savard having feelings.  I'm bothered by the #1 center in Boston crying about hurt feelings in a rival city's newspaper because his name came up in trade rumors.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview : I didn't say he'd play badly because his children are unhappy. He might play badly if one of his children is ill, but that's beside the point. YOU expressed anger at him for honesty expressing the fact that he's upset by trade rumors (and the attendant fallout). If, as you say, you don't care, why are you angry at him? Why must he be a good unemotional robot and fall in line? What difference does it make to YOU? As for the internet making a differnce, that's revisionist history. How many trees died for the sake of "important stories" in the Boston press about Ted Williams' personal life?
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Hey hey NAS has feelings too (without the millions) .  It's too long since the Bruins win a cup and I'm getting angry too.
    Ouf... this thread has gone on and on .  I'm Swiss on this one , both sides of this debate I can agree on.
    BTW I saw on TV a 2nd interview (CTV news) while he was playing golf at this tournament and this time he did not say he was hurt but mentioned that these things happen ... bla bla bla ... hockey is big buisness ... bla bla bla ...
    Anway I'm a fan of Savvy (unlike NAS). I cringed when rumors had him going to the Leafs.  I could see him getting under the skin of the Bruins and putting up numbers.
    I think he's our new "Rat" and if I were playing I'de rather have him on "my team" than play against him.
    P.S you're all guilty with this "soap opera" it's gone too long this subject and besides , he's making millions and we're talking about it ??? Yes I'm a communist Wink

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview : There you go, making things up again.  Honestly, do you ever stop?  I believe you are an intelligent woman, so I can only believe that these incorrect posts are not mistakes, but intentional attempts to spread misinformation.  Just as no one was bothered by Savard wanting to stay in Boston (as you declared earlier), I'm not angered by Savard having feelings.  I'm bothered by the #1 center in Boston crying about hurt feelings in a rival city's newspaper because his name came up in trade rumors.

Pardon my bluntness, but what the HELL are you talking about? Making WHAT up? Just because you weren't "bothered" by Savard wanting to stay in Boston, do you speak for every person on the Internet?

I'm sure there's a term for people like you - "I didn't think/say this, therefore nobody thinks/says this" - but I have no idea what it would be. Perhaps somebody with a psychology degree can tell us. I mean really, it's weird.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview : Pardon my bluntness, but what the HELL are you talking about? Making WHAT up? Just because you weren't "bothered" by Savard wanting to stay in Boston, do you speak for every person on the Internet? I'm sure there's a term for people like you - " I didn't think/say this, therefore nobody thinks/says this" - but I have no idea what it would be. Perhaps somebody with a psychology degree can tell us. I mean really, it's weird.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Never said "therefore nobody thinks/says this."  Once again, you're making a point based on something that has happened in your mind only.  Yeah, I'm the one that needs to be checked out.  You're offering counter-points to points that don't exist.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I'm bothered by the #1 center in Boston crying about hurt feelings in a rival city's newspaper because his name came up in trade rumors."

NAS & I think have only agreed on two things. The TT issue & this one! However, NAS & I are at a difference because he's not a Savvy fan & I am, but where I do agree with NAS is in the bold above. And as BS Legion quoted; Savvy is back tracking his statements now, because he knows it made him look bad!

Duinne? I agree with what you're saying in regards to the players being human with human emotions, but at the same time they have chosen a career where they're in the public eye & they get paid very well to be in there. They're expected & obligated to conduct themselves in a professional manner. Spewing stuff like Savvy has done in the past couple of months is not acting the way he's being paid to do so. There's far too many better ways that he could've handled these types of situations & I think he's made a couple of wrong choices. It makes him look bad, it makes the team look bad & I'm sure there's probably a few teammates that he's pee'd off as well. And those teammates he's pee'd off? They're not running to newpapers in their hometown, or rivial cities saying that he did.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]"  I'm bothered by the #1 center in Boston crying about hurt feelings in a rival city's newspaper because his name came up in trade rumors." NAS & I think have only agreed on two things. The TT issue & this one! However, NAS & I are at a difference because he's not a Savvy fan & I am, but where I do agree with NAS is in the bold above. And as BS Legion quoted; Savvy is back tracking his statements now, because he knows it made him look bad! Duinne? I agree with what you're saying in regards to the players being human with human emotions, but at the same time they have chosen a career where they're in the public eye & they get paid very well to be in there. They're expected & obligated to conduct themselves in a professional manner. Spewing stuff like Savvy has done in the past couple of months is not acting the way he's being paid to do so. There's far too many better ways that he could've handled these types of situations & I think he's made a couple of wrong choices. It makes him look bad, it makes the team look bad & I'm sure there's probably a few teammates that he's pee'd off as well. And those teammates he's pee'd off? They're not running to newpapers in their hometown, or rivial cities saying that he did.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Spewing what stuff? What has he said besides that one quote?

The only other report I've seen in the past couple of months is from his agent, who said Savard is feeling better, working out and looking forward to playing in Boston this fall.

As for his "pee'd off" teammates, the only quotes I have seen from teammates are from Milan Lucic, who noted that he's been in contact with Savvy (omigod, you mean Savard's not a pariah?) and yes, the rumors upset him (gee, sounds like Milan's really "pee'd off," eh?), and Shawn Thornton, who said the papers in Canada have nothing better to do than spread rumors. Wow, Shawn's obviously "pee'd off" as well.

And why do you assert Savard's been "running to newspapers in his hometown"? From what other reporters have said, it was the reporter who finally tracked Savard down for a comment.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview : Spewing what stuff? What has he said besides that one quote? The only other report I've seen in the past couple of months is from his agent, who said Savard is feeling better, working out and looking forward to playing in Boston this fall. As for his "pee'd off" teammates, the only quotes I have seen from teammates are from Milan Lucic, who noted that he's been in contact with Savvy (omigod, you mean Savard's not a pariah?) and yes, the rumors upset him (gee, sounds like Milan's really "pee'd off," eh?), and Shawn Thornton, who said the papers in Canada have nothing better to do than spread rumors. Wow, Shawn's obviously "pee'd off" as well. And why do you assert Savard's been "running to newspapers in his hometown"? From what other reporters have said, it was the reporter who finally tracked Savard down for a comment.  
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

The whole too many men fiasco. You're being completely obtuse if you think for one second that how he handled that situation with the media that some of his teammates were not bothered by that! That's what else he was spewing. Ok if you want to nit pick because I said "hometown", Ottawa is where he spends his summers to be with his kids! Close enough! And you pretty much made mine & NAS's arguement. Looch & Thorny & they're reaction. Did they "put Savvy under the bus" because some reporter hunted them down? No, they didn't! You can sit there & write as many things as you want about Savvy & his "feelings" all you want! How he handled the situation was a bonehead move! You think because a reporter tracked him down was a legitimate excuse to say what he said? Did that reporter put a gun to his head & make him react that way?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview : Any intelligent point you might have made here is negated by your sophomoric "little 'feelings' to talks with his sister" and "getting his girlie feelings hurt" comments. Leaving aside the misogyny, I fail to understand why you rip him for simply answering a question honestly.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

It would be careless to act as if crying about hurt feelings isn't feminine.  It is an absolute fact that women are more emotional than men.  Even it it weren't true, this is a hockey forum, sister.  If you want to join the boys for a game of hockey, you have to be prepared.  You cannot expect us to watch every little thing in order to avoid offending the one (or two if you count Stanley) woman who frequents here.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview : It would be careless to act as if crying about hurt feelings isn't feminine.  It is an absolute fact that women are more emotional than men.  Even it it weren't true, this is a hockey forum, sister.  If you want to join the boys for a game of hockey, you have to be prepared.  You cannot expect us to watch every little thing in order to avoid offending the one (or two if you count Stanley) woman who frequents here.

That's pretty hilarious, tough guy. The reason I say that is that if Marc Savard were suddenly in the same room as you I would LOVE to see you have the guts to call him a "girl" to his face for his remarks made in the press.

You talk a great game about men "being men", etc., but the fact is you would run for the hills before telling a professional hockey player to his face that he was acting like a sissy for revealing his honest feelings in the press.

The thing about 2-way streets, chuckles, is that they run both ways. Try to remember that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview : That's pretty hilarious, tough guy. The reason I say that is that if Marc Savard were suddenly in the same room as you I would LOVE to see you have the guts to call him a "girl" to his face for his remarks made in the press. You talk a great game about men "being men", etc., but the fact is you would run for the hills before telling a professional hockey player to his face that he was acting like a sissy for revealing his honest feelings in the press. The thing about 2-way streets, chuckles, is that they run both ways. Try to remember that.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

How tall am I?  How much do I weight?  How many times do I go to the gym each week?  How many street fights have I been in?  How many bar fights?  How many times have I been in a boxing ring?  What's my record?

When you can answer these questions, I'll address your statements about me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview : How tall am I?  How much do I weight?  How many times do I go to the gym each week?  How many street fights have I been in?  How many bar fights?  How many times have I been in a boxing ring?  What's my record? When you can answer these questions, I'll address your statements about me.

Did I miss something ?  Did you call Savvy a girl somehwere here on this post ? Don't feel like re-reading this whole thread.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview : Did I miss something ?  Did you call Savvy a girl somehwere here on this post ? Don't feel like re-reading this whole thread.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I believe it was more along like lines that he cried in the press like a woman, but you know how words get twisted here.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview : It would be careless to act as if crying about hurt feelings isn't feminine.  It is an absolute fact that women are more emotional than men.  Even it it weren't true, this is a hockey forum, sister.  If you want to join the boys for a game of hockey, you have to be prepared.  You cannot expect us to watch every little thing in order to avoid offending the one (or two if you count Stanley) woman who frequents here.

"It is an absolute fact that women are more emotional than men."

An "absolute fact," huh? Now you're adding sweeping generalizations to your previously demonstrated skills of ad hominem attacks and sexism. You're a real master of debate. 

But back to your "absolute fact": Can you provide links to some legitimate research that provides unassailable evidence for your claim, Shotless, or are you just running your sexist mouth again? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview : The whole too many men fiasco. You're being completely obtuse if you think for one second that how he handled that situation with the media that some of his teammates were not bothered by that! That's what else he was spewing. Ok if you want to nit pick because I said "hometown", Ottawa is where he spends his summers to be with his kids! Close enough! And you pretty much made mine & NAS's arguement. Looch & Thorny & they're reaction. Did they "put Savvy under the bus" because some reporter hunted them down? No, they didn't! You can sit there & write as many things as you want about Savvy & his "feelings" all you want! How he handled the situation was a bonehead move! You think because a reporter tracked him down was a legitimate excuse to say what he said? Did that reporter put a gun to his head & make him react that way?
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

The "too many men fiasco" happened in May, and he hadn't said a word about it since. He's an emotional guy who said a couple of dumb things in the aftermath of a horrifically emotional loss.

And this was after he came back as soon as he possibly could from a horrendous concussion, played five minutes in the first game, and by Game 7 was playing 20+ minutes in an attempt to compensate for the loss of David Krejci. Most normal human beings would have still been having trouble functioning, but he's a hockey player, and he played and did what he could to help his team win, without complaint. That they did not doesn't lessen his effort.

His teammates didn't "throw him under the bus" because they're hockey players, they've been his teammates for years, they know him, they recognize what he went through, and they understand. Much more than any outsiders - who are the only people I've heard complaining about Savard - every could.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview : That's pretty hilarious, tough guy. The reason I say that is that if Marc Savard were suddenly in the same room as you I would LOVE to see you have the guts to call him a "girl" to his face for his remarks made in the press. You talk a great game about men "being men", etc., but the fact is you would run for the hills before telling a professional hockey player to his face that he was acting like a sissy for revealing his honest feelings in the press. The thing about 2-way streets, chuckles, is that they run both ways. Try to remember that.

posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

Wow, looks like I certainly made the right choice in putting this tool on ignore. Thanks.