Savard and Stuart in Sabres series? Ference will be in!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Savard and Stuart in Sabres series? Ference will be in!

Make this has already been said or declared , in that case I haven't read it.
    Do any of you think one of these guys will make it back for this series ?

Also on the Sabres end will we see Connolly or Hecht ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Savard and Stuart in Sabres series?

In Response to Re: Savard and Stuart in Sabres series?:
    Savard not a chance in hell
    Posted by pbergeron37

Okay, but what about when the series shifts back to Boston?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobby774. Show bobby774's posts

No way even if the B's advance, Savard plays in the playoffs unless they get to the Cup finals. and we all know that aint happening

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

...just to be clear, I was taking a pot shot at Buffalo.  I know Savard is out for the year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

He was still having headaches when they last interviewed him (the article was posted Friday, I don't remember if the interview was then or Thursday).  Either way, he couldn't possibly be cleared before Thursday, and then he's been heart-rate low for what a month now?
    Even if he completely beats the odds, and only takes a week to get back into game shape, he'll miss the first 4 games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Savy won't be back but Stuie could  because they said he would be out 2 weeks and he is close. Ference could be back but Sides  won't, I think the young guys are doing fine and the B's will be OK on D in the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Alright, Stuart I did see on the blog he'll be back maybe this series.  Ference even sooner and before all of you attack the fact that Ference is coming back keep in mind that the team won 80% of their games with him in the line up. Maybe more.
    Savvy knowbody went on record saying he's done for the rest of the year and platyoffs therefore wheer are you getting this info ?  I'm not expecting him to make it back for the Sabres but the whole playoffs ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bish's blog and Matt Kalman said Stuart should be ready for the shift back to Beantown. Chiarelli said Ference should be good to go on Thursday that better not mean McQuaid sits. Lone Wolf is big, nasty with a chip on his shoulder and I want him out there to crunch Buffalo's pesky whittle forwards.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Savard and Stuart in Sabres series?:
    Bish's blog and Matt Kalman said Stuart should be ready for the shift back to Beantown. Chiarelli said Ference should be good to go on Thursday that better not mean McQuaid sits. Lone Wolf is big, nasty with a chip on his shoulder and I want him out there to crunch Buffalo's pesky whittle forwards.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I love the way McQuaid played yesterday.  Penner or Bonderchuk (spelling?) will be scratches or sent down to Prov. Boychuk also has come into his own, good pickup this kid. Solid solid and has a whistle of a shot ! LMAO when Green went down to block his shot .. and still LingMAO

I went on Sabres NHL.com site and it's so sketchy on their injuries.
    Anybody have the scoop ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Re: Savard and Stuart in Sabres series? Ference will be in!

if this def shut down ovy on sunday with help frrom TT ,than ride them till the end ,bring in MS AS A 7TH

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Savvy was not well enough to show up at the game on Saturday to give his jersey away.  That alone tells me that he is nowhere near healthy.  We can hope that his symptoms somehow miraculously clear up this week, but that is pretty unrealistic, IMO.

Ference will likely be back to replace Bodnarchuk for the playoffs.  That's good.  He got a bad rap after the Paul Kelly firing, but he is a good D-man, and his experience will be valuable in the playoffs.

As far as Stuart, it sounds like things are worse than doctors first thought.  Reading between the lines of the Bruins Blog, it sounds to me like CJ will see how McQuaid performs in the first two games against the Sabres.  If he and the rest of the defense hold their own, Stuart may be given more time to heal properly.  If the D isn't getting the job done, Stuie may be pressed into service when the series returns to Boston, unless his hand is still a complete mess.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Okay ,  here's the scoop on the Sabre injuries. We're worse off.
    Interview with Lindy Ruff.

THE LINEUP

What can you tell us initially about the status of Tim Connolly and Jochen Hecht?

Connolly has been skating over the weekend and we’re optimistic about him practicing and possibly playing on Thursday. Jochen Hecht hasn’t skated yet, but we’re not ruling him out.

Drew Stafford (Photo: Bill Wippert)
    How about Drew [Stafford]?

Drew, he’s a question mark too… We’re optimistic that he may be ready too.

Are you kind of relieved to get through some of these games at the end of the season? It seemed like you were running into injury problems you hadn’t had all year.

The encouraging part was to get through and win some key games without Vanek, without Connolly, without Jochen Hecht. Our top two point producers were out and we had some younger players fill in and do a good job for us. now it looks like we’re going to get some guys back and be healthy, or healthier. Even to get Pat [Kaleta] back in the lineup for a limited opportunity was good.

Does that cast hamper [Kaleta] at all?

I would imagine so yeah… I don’t want to answer for him but to just say that we’ll put a cast on your wrist and immobilize it and try to play hockey isn’t the easiest thing. But I thought he handled that pretty well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoryNeutral. Show TheoryNeutral's posts

I've never prayed and I don't beleive in god, but I pray occasionally for Savvy's return :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Savard has just recently been able to watch games on tv, never mind play this year. Lets hope he comes back in the fall.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

Having survived a serious head injury myself, it takes a looong time to recoup properly.... Saaaavy won't be back this season and I hope he just takes time to heal properly for a run next season.. The risk is too high if he did.. Ferrence is probably gonna try to play butaccoreding to reports,  his groin injury will require offseason surgury to repair so no telling how long or how effective he will be.. Stuart?? who knows for sure..Be nice to have him back in the fold if he is able to go.. The kids they brought up are playing hard and as long as they don't get intimidated should be fine...Boychuck is solid....Mquaid is too... so I'd keep them in there in lieu of the other walking wounded. Just my biased opinion..