savard stays in boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bs2010. Show bs2010's posts

Re: savard stays in boston

Why not try him on wing first where we need help? If he blossoms and lights it up along side one of our 3 centers great problem solved we have our great center depth and a franchise winger. If after his rookie year it is apparent that he needs to be a center then you can reevaluate. At that point bergeron will be a free agent (granted i would like to extend him asap) and by then savards no trade will have expanded from 5 teams to 10 team making it doubly easy to get a good return for him, plus his contract will be a year shorter. I just think we should start seguin on a wing and see how it works before we rashly move savard without considering the potential consequenses.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Sportsnet just reported Savard is willing to take a trade to Toronto or Ottawa.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I'm just blown away by the so many trade Savard votes.  He's undisputedly the most offensive Center we have.  He had one bad season along with the rest of the team and people are saying trade him.  Nuts.  The playoff mishap was after he got run over by a Semi at 30 miles an hour, then played hockey 6 weeks later.  I'm sure he was fine because he said he was..

I vote we wait and see if he's back in 2010.  If i had to wager, i'd say he makes Horton look like a hall of famer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Re: savard stays in boston:
    Why not try him on wing first where we need help? If he blossoms and lights it up along side one of our 3 centers great problem solved we have our great center depth and a franchise winger. If after his rookie year it is apparent that he needs to be a center then you can reevaluate. At that point bergeron will be a free agent (granted i would like to extend him asap) and by then savards no trade will have expanded from 5 teams to 10 team making it doubly easy to get a good return for him, plus his contract will be a year shorter. I just think we should start seguin on a wing and see how it works before we rashly move savard without considering the potential consequenses.
    Posted by bs2010

But I don't think the Bruins will rashly move Savard.  Here's what I want to know:

If the Bruins could get a good return for Savard RIGHT NOW, would you trade him and let Seguin develop as a center?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxx. Show mxx's posts

Pualyboy,

The dots are not connecting for me. They say they want Grit and then they make the 32 pick and then trade Vlady for Warsofsky who is a 160 lbs D-Man.

Vlady was giving plenty of grit in the Buf. seriers and getting under everyones skin. I know he dosn't put the puck in the net but he has plenty of grit (until he hiot the net) and hes a great energy line guy and to trade him for a 160 LB prospect, well it just seems like talking out of both sides of their mouth.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bs2010. Show bs2010's posts

In Response to Re: savard stays in boston : But I don't think the Bruins will rashly move Savard.  Here's what I want to know: If the Bruins could get a good return for Savard RIGHT NOW, would you trade him and let Seguin develop as a center?
    Posted by TimThomas-god

If we could trade him tommorow for a 75 to 90 ponit per year winger with a four million dollar cap hit I would do it in a second. However we are simply not going to get the return he deserves especially if we only have 5 teams to negotiate with. Chicago cant take on any money and philly is pretty tight up against the cap as well. If by some chance tor ott or mtl is interested in savard we are certainly not going to get a winger equal to Savard from those teams because they simply dont have it. And on top of all that we would have to watch Savard play us 8 times a year for a division rival. I say no thanks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Re: savard stays in boston : If we could trade him tommorow for a 75 to 90 ponit per year winger with a four million dollar cap hit I would do it in a second. However we are simply not going to get the return he deserves especially if we only have 5 teams to negotiate with. Chicago cant take on any money and philly is pretty tight up against the cap as well. If by some chance tor ott or mtl is interested in savard we are certainly not going to get a winger equal to Savard from those teams because they simply dont have it. And on top of all that we would have to watch Savard play us 8 times a year for a division rival. I say no thanks.
    Posted by bs2010

Cammalleri, but I don't think that's happening.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Pualyboy, The dots are not connecting for me. They say they want Grit and then they make the 32 pick and then trade Vlady for Warsofsky who is a 160 lbs D-Man. Vlady was giving plenty of grit in the Buf. seriers and getting under everyones skin. I know he dosn't put the puck in the net but he has plenty of grit (until he hiot the net) and hes a great energy line guy and to trade him for a 160 LB prospect, well it just seems like talking out of both sides of their mouth.
    Posted by mxx

Was just listening to James Murphy on Sportsdesk.  He said the Bruins were looking for "good character guys" with "a good work ethic" in addition to offensive upside. 

I don't think the Bruins are necessarily looking for "grit" but rather for guys who work hard (something I equate with toughness). 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Pualyboy, The dots are not connecting for me. They say they want Grit and then they make the 32 pick and then trade Vlady for Warsofsky who is a 160 lbs D-Man. Vlady was giving plenty of grit in the Buf. seriers and getting under everyones skin. I know he dosn't put the puck in the net but he has plenty of grit (until he hiot the net) and hes a great energy line guy and to trade him for a 160 LB prospect, well it just seems like talking out of both sides of their mouth.
    Posted by mxx

Not every player on the team can carry a lunch pail.  The second round pick and what the team needs right now are unrelated.  Sobotka wasn't a very good NHLer.  He ran around a lot, put himself out of position a lot and wasn't very good at offense (6 career goals) or defense (-10 in the playoffs).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

In Response to savard stays in boston:
    enough with the savard bashing peckerheads, hes not goin anywhere. SAVARD IS THE MAN! deal with it. bring it on haters.
    Posted by looooch17

Overrated. Look up his stats pertaining to production output from all his pass wingers (with and post-Savard). After you do that, you will delete this post.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to savard stays in boston:
    enough with the savard bashing peckerheads, hes not goin anywhere. SAVARD IS THE MAN! deal with it. bring it on haters.
    Posted by looooch17

+1  Hear, hear!