Savard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from everyname. Show everyname's posts

Savard

So, in the past I have been critical when it comes to Savard (especially the continuous appeals to refs during games), and I've even entertained the prospect of trading him, however, with the team we have now, and Savards high level of skill, I'm ready to get back on the Savard wagon.  The hope is that this year he overcomes what he had to deal with last season and has his best to date.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: Savard

I don't mind having him on the roster. However, Savard's time with the Bruins is correlated with the development of Tyler Seguin.

The faster Master T gets acclimatized to the NHL, the faster Savard will be gone. My guess is mid-November.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Savard:
    [QUOTE]I don't mind having him on the roster. However, Savard's time with the Bruins is correlated with the development of Tyler Seguin. The faster Master T gets acclimatized to the NHL, the faster Savard will be gone. My guess is mid-November.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

I like Tyler Seguin. To suggest that he's going to be ready to replace an all-star center after a month in the NHL is, to put it bluntly, nuts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard : I like Tyler Seguin. To suggest that he's going to be ready to replace an all-star center after a month in the NHL is, to put it bluntly, nuts.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

I can suggest, but Master T will do the talking on the ice.

Skillwise, Master T is ahead of Savard already at 18 years of age. The only thing Savard has on Master T is the experience and confidence of playing in the NHL.

Master T will become comfortable very quickly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard :  I can suggest, but Master T will do the talking on the ice. Skillwise, Master T is ahead of Savard already at 18 years of age. The only thing Savard has on Master T is the experience and confidence of playing in the NHL. Master T will become comfortable very quickly.

Mark Recchi, in talking about Seguin, said he was coming into a good situation in Boston because, though expectations are high for a #2 draft pick, he's not joining a bottom-feeding team. He's not expected to be The Man. He can take his time, adjust to life in the NHL, break in at an easier position. He doesn't have to carry this team. There won't be panic when he hits the inevitable rookie wall. If you dump Savard and install Seguin in his stead, you're expecting him to replace a guy who quarterbacks the PP, kills penalties and scores more than a point per game.

Talent only takes you so far. Yeah, he's talented. He's also got to adjust to traveling all over North America, playing 82 games per year, facing opponents who have 10 years more experience and 50 more pounds and are ready to take his head off. He'll be embarrassed on the ice on more than one occassion. He'll have to adjust to moronic Bruins fans screaming "SEGUIN YOU S**K!" if he hits a dry spell.

Trading Savard in Seguin's rookie year would be the worst thing the Bruins could do to the kid. Not to mention it would be a stupid move for the Bruins, if they're serious about contending for a Stanley Cup. You don't win the Cup by trading your best offensive player and handing the keys over to a teenager and saying "here, kid, it's all yours." Not unless that kid is Wayne Gretzky. Seguin's a good player, but let's give him time before we start anointing him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard :  I can suggest, but Master T will do the talking on the ice. Skillwise, Master T is ahead of Savard already at 18 years of age. The only thing Savard has on Master T is the experience and confidence of playing in the NHL. Master T will become comfortable very quickly.

I have to agree with duinne, that Savard should stay the whole year and let Seguin get comfortable, starting at the wing and only moving to center if one of the big three gets injured and he appears to be ready.

And, Seguin is not already more skilled than Savard.  He is a better skater and probably has a better shot, but Savard's ability to control the puck, slow down the play and make brilliant passes are as good as anyone in the league.  Seguin has a long way to go to match Savard's skills in that area.  Savard is still a stud on the PP, something Seguin will have to learn.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from degolds. Show degolds's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard : I like Tyler Seguin. To suggest that he's going to be ready to replace an all-star center after a month in the NHL is, to put it bluntly, nuts.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

He does not have to replace Savard, He just has to show that he is the real deal.
    Bergeron, Krejci and Cambell can carry the mail and Seguin can be worked into the line-up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

its funny to me that those saying trade savard if seguin looks good are also saying don't you dare trade thomas because tuukka is unproven.

Everyname, I wouldn't go as far as to say that I've read all 112 of your posts, but of the many that I've read this is the best one by a mile

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

The Bruins will keep Savard. He is a guy that wants to be in Boston, he wants to bring a cup there and the Bruins stand a better chance winning the cup with Savard and Seguin than just Seguin. Savard will also be happy that the Bruins will be adding 2 quality wingers, If Savy clicks with Horton or Seguin just sit back and watch the magic. Savy is very gifted at what he does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt3L6iV_vPs&feature=related

We definately need this guy. everyname i am also on the Savard wagon.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]its funny to me that those saying trade savard if seguin looks good are also saying don't you dare trade thomas because tuukka is unproven.
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

Like whom?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Savard will be here at least the next 2 seasons but probably won't make it past 3 seasons from now. The only way I see Marc staying longer is if he really, really clicks with either Horton and Seguin like back to back 100 point seasons which I would have no problem with.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Trading Savvy right after signing him wouldn't send a great message around the league to impending free agents...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Trading Savvy right after signing him wouldn't send a great message around the league to impending free agents...
    Posted by mannyortez3424[/QUOTE]

I completely agree.  It would say, "We don't really care about individual feelings.  We want to win a Cup."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard : I completely agree.  It would say, "We don't really care about individual feelings.  We want to win a Cup."
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

How does trading your top offensive player to clear cap space win you a Cup?

If you don't care about individual feelings and want to win a Cup, you clear cap space by burying dead, overpaid weight in the minors.

And spare me the "they don't want to trade Savard to clear cap space" nonsense. If they weren't up against the cap, we wouldn't be having this argument.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard : How does trading your top offensive player to clear cap space win you a Cup? If you don't care about individual feelings and want to win a Cup, you clear cap space by burying dead, overpaid weight in the minors. And spare me the "they don't want to trade Savard to clear cap space" nonsense. If they weren't up against the cap, we wouldn't be having this argument.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

You produce anything from anyone on the B's that says they want to move him to clear cap space and I'll clam up about it.

For now, they need help on the wings and they are deep at center.  Bergeron, Krejci and Seguin are all young guys who haven't even hit their stride yet.  Savard is old getting older now carrying a major injury and a stupid contract.

If they had drafted Hall, we might not be having this discussion.

So, I'll wait patiently for you to come up with something concrete that shows the sole reason they would move Savard is for cap space.

Honestly, if their only goal was to clear cap space, why would they look to trade Savard?  With his production and cap hit, you'd think he'd be one of the last guys on the list. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Agreed, do not trade Savard just to obtain cap space. Going forward with the existing team, on paper, is the stated plan. Pre-season may stir the pot if Colborne and Seguin and Caron perform better than expected. But, that is only a little "stirring" as the players in question might be Ryder,Hunwick, Paille or Thornton. Opening camp with Wheeler/Savard/Seguin; Lucic/Kreji/Horton;Ryder/Bergeron/Recchi; and Paille/Campbell/Thornton plus Chara/Boychuck; Hunwick/Seidenberg; Stuart/Ference; plus Tuuka and Timmy looks OK from this view.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Savard:[QUOTE]Trading Savvy right after signing him wouldn't send a great message around the league to impending free agents...
    Posted by mannyortez3424[/QUOTE]

And they would stay away without a doubt. PC "Oh sorry I know I just talked you into signing a team friendly contract knowing well that you could have gotten more but I just made a deal with Dale Tallon pack your bags your going to hockeys bottom less pit!"

We would be back to the MOC days when JR and Forsberg laughed at the Bruins when they were free agents. They were like "Look how you treated Thornton!" It would be back tracking to the very bad days!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard : And they would stay away without a doubt. PC "Oh sorry I know I just talked you into signing a team friendly contract knowing well that you could have gotten more but I just made a deal with Dale Tallon pack your bags your going to hockeys bottom less pit!" We would be back to the MOC days when JR and Forsberg laughed at the Bruins when they were free agents. They were like "Look how you treated Thornton!" It would be back tracking to the very bad days!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

It's a player friendly contract as well.  It's not a discount deal by any means.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think Brian Burke would have paid more betcha I know what Savard thinks of PC now that he has entertained offers for Marc months after signing him.

There would have been a bidding war for Savard with the Islanders and Toronto amongst others leading the way IMO.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I think Brian Burke would have paid more betcha I know what Savard thinks of PC now that he has entertained offers for Marc months after signing him. There would have been a bidding war for Savard with the Islanders and Toronto amongst others leading the way IMO.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I'm sure there would have been.  However, considering his age, I don't know if anyone would have gone so far as four years, $6.35M per, paying $7M, $7M, $6.5M, $5M.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard : It's a player friendly contract as well.  It's not a discount deal by any means.
    I agree.If it was such a team friendly contract there would've been far more quality offers made for him.I think Savvy could have got more on the open market but only on a shorter term deal(maybe 3 years at 6 mil).In retrospect it was still a decent contract on both sides.Savvy gets a solid amount of up front money and Bruins get reasonable cap hit for a point a game player but let's not forget that when the deal was signed,no one in the league really expected to see Savvy play out the whole contract in Boston.While not as bad as the Kovalchuk deal,it was close enough that the league looked at it but let it slide.The day he signed it hockey analysts in Canada all were saying how much easier it would be to trade or buy out the last 4 years due to the terms of the deal.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

What do #1 centers make?

Toews (22yrs old):  $6.3M (correct deal)

Richards (30):  $7.8M (everyone agrees this is too much)

Stastny (24):  $6.6M  (correct deal)

Datsyuk (31):  $6.7M (correct deal)

Franzen (30):  $5.25M (adjusted to eliminte cap circumvention years, good deal)

Horcoff (30):  $5.5M (bad deal)

Kopitar (22):  $6.8M (correct deal)

Koivu (27):  $6.75M (seems high to me)

Gomez (30): $7.37M (lolollollollololololololololololol)

Drury (33):  $7.05M (see Gomez)

Spezza (27):  $7M (subtract attitude, good deal)

Briere (32):  $6.5M (bad FA deal)

Richards (25):  $5.75M (10 year deal, decent ROI so far)

Crosby (22):  $8.7M (good deal)

Thornton (30):  $7.2M (good regular season deal...)

Marleau (30):  $6.9M (correct deal)

Lecavalier (30): $10M (adjusted for cap circumvention, awful deal)

Sedin (29): $6.1M (great deal)

Backstrom (22):  $6.7M (long deal, even money, looks about right)

Taking all of those players into account, is there any way possible that anyone could suggest that Savard's contract at $6.375M (adjusted for cap circumvention) is a discounted deal?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard : You produce anything from anyone on the B's that says they want to move him to clear cap space and I'll clam up about it. For now, they need help on the wings and they are deep at center.  Bergeron, Krejci and Seguin are all young guys who haven't even hit their stride yet.  Savard is old getting older now carrying a major injury and a stupid contract. If they had drafted Hall, we might not be having this discussion. So, I'll wait patiently for you to come up with something concrete that shows the sole reason they would move Savard is for cap space. Honestly, if their only goal was to clear cap space, why would they look to trade Savard?  With his production and cap hit, you'd think he'd be one of the last guys on the list. 

How about you produce anything from anyone on the B's that says they want to move Savard, period?

As Tim Thomas said, three-quarters of the rumors he hears are media-driven fantasies. Now think of where the Savard trade talk was hottest - Toronto. 

With the Bruins facing cap trouble, drafting a "natural" center, Chiarelli stating just before the draft that the only "untouchables" were Rask and the #2 pick, and Savard being the most attractive option to trade (as I've noted before, who has more value, Ryder, Thomas or Savard?), do you seriously think the hockey media (especially in Toronto), are going to sit on their hands when there's rumors to be spread?  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]What do #1 centers make? Toews (22yrs old):  $6.3M (correct deal) Richards (30):  $7.8M (everyone agrees this is too much) Stastny (24):  $6.6M  (correct deal) Datsyuk (31):  $6.7M (correct deal) Franzen (30):  $5.25M (adjusted to eliminte cap circumvention years, good deal) Horcoff (30):  $5.5M (bad deal) Kopitar (22):  $6.8M (correct deal) Koivu (27):  $6.75M (seems high to me) Gomez (30): $7.37M (lolollollollololololololololololol) Drury (33):  $7.05M (see Gomez) Spezza (27):  $7M (subtract attitude, good deal) Briere (32):  $6.5M (bad FA deal) Richards (25):  $5.75M (10 year deal, decent ROI so far) Crosby (22):  $8.7M (good deal) Thornton (30):  $7.2M (good regular season deal...) Marleau (30):  $6.9M (correct deal) Lecavalier (30): $10M (adjusted for cap circumvention, awful deal) Sedin (29): $6.1M (great deal) Backstrom (22):  $6.7M (long deal, even money, looks about right) Taking all of those players into account, is there any way possible that anyone could suggest that Savard's contract at $6.375M (adjusted for cap circumvention) is a discounted deal?
    What cap circumvention adjustment are you talking about?I was under the impression Savard would receive 7mil-7-6.5-5-1.5-.525-.525 for a cap hit of just over 4 mil.I was unaware of adjustment.Fill me in please.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard : How about you produce anything from anyone on the B's that says they want to move Savard, period? As Tim Thomas said, three-quarters of the rumors he hears are media-driven fantasies. Now think of where the Savard trade talk was hottest - Toronto.  With the Bruins facing cap trouble, drafting a "natural" center, Chiarelli stating just before the draft that the only "untouchables" were Rask and the #2 pick, and Savard being the most attractive option to trade (as I've noted before, who has more value, Ryder, Thomas or Savard?), do you seriously think the hockey media (especially in Toronto), are going to sit on their hands when there's rumors to be spread?  
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

I've already produced info on the B's attempting to move Savard per Fluto.  Players don't get asked to waive the NTC if they aren't on the trading block per Fluto.

You have taken this info and created what you think is fact, but it's mere speculation.