Seguin's first goal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Seguin's first goal

Hey.  Analyze that goal. 

A LOT to take for granted, but break it down.

Nice pass to him, but anything but clean.  Showed composure by using the hands - AND KEPT SKATING THE WHOLE TIME.
    Up against Bryzgalov - way better than your average NHL goalie.
    Seguin made his move and Bryzgalov WAS THERE, the move to the back hand stuffed, but Seguin has the presence of mind to go up under the cross bar.
    Did you  see Bryzgalov's reaction?  He was shaking his head after that.

That goal matches up with anyone in the NHL, Crosby, Ovie and all the rest bury it just as neatly.  I AM ONLY COMPARING THIS GOAL to those guys, don't get all nutsy on me.

How many rookies have you seen do this?  It's a short list.

Those that said Tyler should go back to Juniors, just do this to gain back my respect:
    Man up and admit you were dead wrong.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Re: Seguin's first goal

relax man. Seguin did have a horrible game yesterday but scored a nice goal tonight. He is a rookie still and just needs the rest of the year to understand how to play in the nhl.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

nice finish ,game breaker way to go seguin ,helper bye ryder and ,wait for it                   tim thomas, 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

You said it all.  He did not look like a rookie, with the D pressuring him and the Vezina runner up last season in front of him,  he had confidence go in with a move.
    Another rookie might have shot on the crest of the opposing goalie.
    Yes,  it's only his first but that goal speaks volumes on the talent this kid possesses.
    Good stuff !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

yeah Badhab,

pretty goal for sure, but this kid has a ways to go. I still think its reasonable to have him in the NHL instead of juniors.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin's first goal:
    [QUOTE]relax man. Seguin did have a horrible game yesterday but scored a nice goal tonight. He is a rookie still and just needs the rest of the year to understand how to play in the nhl.
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

'a horrible game yesterday'  ??
    Honestly I laughed out loud when I read that.

Recchi blew a layup on a beautiful Seguin pass yesterday, he should have had an assist yesterday.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]relax man. Seguin did have a horrible game yesterday but scored a nice goal tonight. He is a rookie still and just needs the rest of the year to understand how to play in the nhl.
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

come on yaz !  The whole team was horrible and you expect an 18 year olds performance change, dictate the face of the team ???  Silly bro.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]yeah Badhab, pretty goal for sure, but this kid has a ways to go. I still think its reasonable to have him in the NHL instead of juniors.
    Posted by OlsonicCreations[/QUOTE]

Oh yah, hopefully I'm not putting it across like this is an expectation level for him to put out like that, I'm just pointing out he is certainly earned a spot in the NHL.

Most of the time a rookie gets a greasy goal as his first.

I forgot to mention that he was getting a pretty good back check on that breakaway, he did shield the puck very nicely against that desperate sweep check.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Badhabitude , yesterday his line was responsible for like 3 of the 4 goals scored. He was running around alot and not being effective. Other than scoring the goal tonight he still seem overall lost out there. Its just a part of being a rookie. Instead of using his motor to try to go after the puck all the time he needs to learn how to instead take a man who is trailing the play , or find that spot to be ready to receive the puck.

Spooner was a little better in knowing how to do these little things but obliously you can't teach him the trick Seguin pulled of tonight to score.

So before you make everyone sorry , just wait it out for the rest of the year. The consensus is that he will make more mistakes than less , score 40 to 50 points and be ready for big things next year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Yaz what games were you watching. Yesterday Seguin was stuck with two duds. Today they replaced one with Recchi, and someone lit a bonfire under Ryder who played well thru most of the game. The Kid has speed and great hands. I would rather see him with Bergeron, but Bergie was bringing up Caron who kept improving thruout the game. Bergie and Rechi the bruins tutors extraodinaire.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

nhlfanhouse Tyler Seguin scores his first NHL goal. Here's the video... http://tinyurl.com/2ef65...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

[QUOTE]Badhabitude , yesterday his line was responsible for like 3 of the 4 goals scored. He was running around alot and not being effective. Other than scoring the goal tonight he still seem overall lost out there. Its just a part of being a rookie. Instead of using his motor to try to go after the puck all the time he needs to learn how to instead take a man who is trailing the play , or find that spot to be ready to receive the puck. Spooner was a little better in knowing how to do these little things but obliously you can't teach him the trick Seguin pulled of tonight to score. So before you make everyone sorry , just wait it out for the rest of the year. The consensus is that he will make more mistakes than less , score 40 to 50 points and be ready for big things next year.
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

Dude, all you do is jump from bandawagon to bandwagon.  Relax bro.  Spooner is gonna be a good player, that's for sure, but Seguin is 18 years old and is light years ahead of a bunch of guys who his age, including Spooner.  Just relax.  He wasn't horrible yesterday, and the only reason his "line" wasout there for a bunch of goals was because he had Daniel "Hand of Stone" Paille and Michael F*cking Ryder.  Do you really expect a kid with his talent to succeed with those two clowns on his wings?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Badhabitude , yesterday his line was responsible for like 3 of the 4 goals scored. He was running around alot and not being effective. Other than scoring the goal tonight he still seem overall lost out there. Its just a part of being a rookie. Instead of using his motor to try to go after the puck all the time he needs to learn how to instead take a man who is trailing the play , or find that spot to be ready to receive the puck. Spooner was a little better in knowing how to do these little things but obliously you can't teach him the trick Seguin pulled of tonight to score. So before you make everyone sorry , just wait it out for the rest of the year. The consensus is that he will make more mistakes than less , score 40 to 50 points and be ready for big things next year.
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

I take your point.  I hope I'm qualifying things enough not to raise expecations thru the roof.

On the other hand, there are those who start a new thread every time a former player passes gas.  Certainly Seguin deserves a couple of dedicated threads, don't you think?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]
    2 people put on the ignore list in one day(yaz and Bruins8).I've lost my patience with know-nothing but claim to know-it-all trolls like this.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Tyler Seguin said he gave puck from his first OHL goal to his mom, and he's going to do the same w/first goal: "Get it out of sight"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccoul. Show ccoul's posts

I'm really happy for the "kid" to his first goal in on the second game in the NHL, He prolly would hgave started to question himself after 15  games without one..

Agree that his offensive skills will be his strengh and the Bruins are going to work  on his 2 ways skills.  Glad for Louch to get one in as well. as much as he is physically strong, he is a player that questiuons himself too much.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

It was a great goal by Seguin. He kept his composure all the way. And so far I'm liking what I see from Horton and Campbell as well. TT with the bagel. Much better game by the B's overall.

As for Tyler going back to his junior team... The B's will decide which avenue is best for his development. Personally, I believe he will be better off playing and practicing with NHL talent as opposed to dominating in Juniors.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsYear. Show BruinsYear's posts

All I have to say is that neither J.Thornton nor kessel scored a goal like that in all the games they played in their rookie seasons.

This shows you the amount of raw talent this kid has to score that kind of goal in only his second NHL game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, a real nice goal and hopefully a confidence builder for him.  Glad to see him getting shots off, in both games this weekend.

And I'm with you dezaruchi -- it takes a lot for me to ignore someone, but yaz and bruins8 seem to provide enough of the senseless teenager-level banter for this entire site.  I don't mind stupid posts, but when it happens over and over and over from the same guy, you've gotta draw the line.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

It's the players who come back strong in the next game who impress me.  The kid will continue to impress- that's already obvious.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Really happy for the kid, his first goal and a spectacular.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Segs' first goal was a pretty one.  I wanna know where the real Micheal Ryder is.  Did someone come through the Stargate with a Mirror device?  What a pass.

Having Segs center the 3rd line really gives the Bruins 3 authentic scoring lines.  They haven't had that since '08.  4th line looks impressive too.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Savard must be training with a little more intensity after watching these 2 games.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, a real nice goal and hopefully a confidence builder for him.  Glad to see him getting shots off, in both games this weekend. And I'm with you dezaruchi -- it takes a lot for me to ignore someone, but yaz and bruins8 seem to provide enough of the senseless teenager-level banter for this entire site.  I don't mind stupid posts, but when it happens over and over and over from the same guy, you've gotta draw the line.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I don't make a lot of posts, as I usually only post when I feel I have something to contribute that has not already been said. However, I read this forum everyday and have for a long time, and I'm finally at my breaking point with some of the posters as well.

As for the goal, it looked almost identical to one I saw Paul Statsny net last year aganist the Canucks. Not bad company for the kid to be in.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]All I have to say is that neither J.Thornton nor kessel scored a goal like that in all the games they played in their rookie seasons. This shows you the amount of raw talent this kid has to score that kind of goal in only his second NHL game.
    Posted by BruinsYear[/QUOTE]

Yes.  Thank you.