Send Lucic to Providence

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

Send Lucic to Providence

with the season hopeless why don't the Bruins send Lucic down to Providence for a few games. I know he's not 100% with his ankle but if one can step back and look in the mirror and be honest, the guy doesn't bring one thing to the Bruins this season and maybe sending him down will make him realize that they need more from the him.Obviously, he's having trouble skating with his ankle BUT he continues to refuse to go to the net, get physical and of course score. He doesn't play on the PP or penalty kill and he's averaging 15 minutes a game--all can be filled with a JAG. I am so dissapointed in Lucic and hope he looks at himself in the mirror as well this offseason. It's painful watching this guy this season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Re: Send Lucic to Providence

I don't agree at all....while I don't think Lucic has played well this season, he is the only one who can get this team going.  Will it happen?  Who knows.  This is true though....with out Lucic there is zero physical presence...he has over 110 hits and is fourth on the team in half as many games....his play is improving.

Another poster mention the Lucic-Sobotka-Marchand line...this should still be our third line....and Satan and Ryder should take turns sitting.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

In Response to Re: Send Lucic to Providence:
    I don't agree at all....while I don't think Lucic has played well this season, he is the only one who can get this team going.  Will it happen?  Who knows.  This is true though....with out Lucic there is zero physical presence...he has over 110 hits and is fourth on the team in half as many games....his play is improving. Another poster mention the Lucic-Sobotka-Marchand line...this should still be our third line....and Satan and Ryder should take turns sitting.
    Posted by TuukkainNet

While agree that Lucic is painful to watch this season, I agree with  Tuuka that there is no point in sending him tdown to Providence.. He is injured and playing thru it.. By the same token, I agree with some of the first posters comments that because of his injuries, he doesn't have the same presence as he normally would if he were healthy.. What he needs IMHO is time to heal properly.. and only then will you be able to assess his abilities.. There is NO question about his heart thou. he is a standup guy and willing to take on all comers but smart enough to know when... Playing thru his injuries the way he has should be considered a commendable trait and one that others on this team should emulate..  So..it's a mixed bag.. he is trying.. not fairing all that well but I would rather have him on the ice periodically to keep oponents in line and wonder if and when he will snap out of this to take charge..   Just my opinion....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

Satan has been useless lately.  When he first started playing again, he seamed really into the game.  Now he just looks like he is going through the motions.  Sit him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

I agree with Tuk and 81 Lucic is injured high ankle sprain is frustrating type of injury. Breaks are more acceptable in my books i experience broken bones and healed fine but sprains is like yellow jacket hornets at a picnic they leave then will come right back. Lucic I have respect for he is still young and can rebound from this off season. Sit Satan and replace him with Marchand sit Wideman and replace him with Penner.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

CJ need to start holding players accountable for their action.  Sit Wideman.  Sit Ryder and bring on some youngsters.  Try Hamil you never know.  I like the energy that Marchand brought back last time.  We need energy guys!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from uvguy07. Show uvguy07's posts

I agree with lucaooo, Ryder & Wideman lead my list of travelers on the Providence shuffle, two one way tickets please! Ryder is supposed to be a shooter and he passed the puck when he was 5 feet from the night on Thursday. I will not even start on his gutless, cowardly reaction to the cheap shot on Savard. That alone would have gotten him sitting. (He was the closest Bruin to see the hit)

While Lucic has had a bad year overall, since the Olympic break he has been playing and skating much better. A mediocre Lucic is much more valuable than Ryder.

I would rather see Marchand playing with Krejci and Wheeler. TO me that line is to soft and Marchand would bring that irritating element that is needed on that line.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from looch65. Show looch65's posts

Lucic has a 1 way contract... not going to happen unless you want to expose him on waivers first

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

In Response to Re: Send Lucic to Providence:
    Lucic has a 1 way contract... not going to happen unless you want to expose him on waivers first
    Posted by looch65

Actually, I'm pretty sure his one-way contract doesn't begin until next season when his extension kicks in.  All second round rookies get two-way contracts because they're not expected to make the team straight out of camp and if they go to Providence, they can be brought back and forth without the problem of waivers.