SICK ABOUT TT BASHING!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peanator. Show Peanator's posts

SICK ABOUT TT BASHING!

Do I am the only one tired of hearing bashing about Tim Thomas ????
    Why fans hounded him like like that ???
    There are tons of other players to blame before him !

2002-2003 Bruins   4  3    1      0 0 11    118     .907  3.01 220
    2005-2006 Bruins 38 12 13 - 10  1 101  1,213  .917   2.77 2,187
    2006-2007 Bruins 66 30 29 - 4  3 189   1,985    .905   3.13 3,619
    2007-2008 Bruins 57 28 19 - 6 3 136 1,731 .921 2.44 3,342
    2008-2009 Bruins 54 36 11 - 7  5 114   1,694 .   933   2.10 3,259
    2009-2010 Bruins 43 17 18 - 8 5 104 1,221 .915 2.56 2,442

Always + .900 SV%....Not bad for a poor goalie ! ! !

With a Vezina trophy !

This guy never giveup throughout his career.....Give him some respect !

Anyway, we need him at least for one more year because we are not sure what we give Rask a full season as number one goalie.

Stop the trash talk & let the new season begin !

TT lovers.........HELP ME !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Re: SICK ABOUT TT BASHING!

Speaking of bashing...regardless of one's feelings on it, haven't we all just about beaten the living ka-ka out of THIS topic?  Give it a rest.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Just remember the bashers are just uneducated hockey fans.They lie,and say they played,got 32 PIM'S for arguing offsides,ect.Or the have other occupations like going out to suxfansinill.Thomas stabilized the goaltending in Boston,and has been a great teammate.What Thomas really is, is a two time seventh man award winner,Crozier award winner,Jennings trophy winner,Olympic silver medalist,Eastern conference division champion winning goalie,last but not least a Vezina winner.So all the idiots that have anything but bad things to say about Thomas are just that Idiots!!!!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: SICK ABOUT TT BASHING!:
    Just remember the bashers are just uneducated hockey fans.They lie,and say they played,got 32 PIM'S for arguing offsides,ect.Or the have other occupations like going out to suxfansinill.Thomas stabilized the goaltending in Boston,and has been a great teammate.What Thomas really is, is a two time seventh man award winner,Crozier award winner,Jennings trophy winner,Olympic silver medalist,Eastern conference division champion winning goalie,last but not least a Vezina winner.So all the idiots that have anything but good things to say about Thomas are just that Idiots!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by notacryingwino

Hey Not? You might want to change the word good to bad here. lol And I am a TT supporter!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Thanks nitemare lol!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neelybestallaround. Show Neelybestallaround's posts

Thanks nitemare lol!!
    Posted by notacryingwino

Unfortunately, we live in a world of unintelligent & classless people & even though we ask nicely they still have to add their worthless opinion. As someone on here has said these people have double standards & Rask can do no wrong & TT can do no right!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Wanting to improve a team by trading away an asset to add another asset is not bashing. Yes he did his all and I thank god we had him for as long as we did, but its time to send him away to improve in other areas.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I Just want to say what an honor it is to be able to post in a thread with posters who are clearly more knowledge about hockey than myself and the 29 NHL GM's who have refused to offer anything of value for TT this off season.  Just a question, with such brilliant hockey minds, how are you not NHL Gm's?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

TT is a gamer... but his style may sometimes give us heartache.

He worked his butt off and finally found some success and was rewarded with a generous contract. Isn't that the American dream? Complaints should be filed with management.

Agree that the bashing is overkill.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I Just want to say what an honor it is to be able to post in a thread with posters who are clearly more knowledge about hockey than myself and the 29 NHL GM's who have refused to offer anything of value for TT this off season.  Just a question, with such brilliant hockey minds, how are you not NHL Gm's?
    Posted by Orrthebest

And it is an honor to post with you, sir.  Clearly, your clairvoyant super power has allowed you to review what each of those 29 other GMs has offered, and you have determined it was not enough value.

Just a question, with such a brilliant mind:  What are tomorrow night's Powerball numbers?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

TT is a fine goaltender.  He is worth the dough? yes.  Is he worth the length of the contract?, no.  I was not at the bargaining table, me thinks the Bs had little leverage considering the fact Manny Fernandez was the backup goalie.  Chiarelli traded for Manny to be the number one as fans say Kalus.  So moving along, Rask showed his mettle.  He rose to the circumstances.  Now is he ready after a half year of tutelage in the NHL to be number one? NO!  Should be offered in trade? yes.  It is the new brave world of the NHL.  GMs should offer contracts and players on the market in the new cap era.  No takers, well dah, the options at the goalie position are many at this point.  Now whirl ourselves ahead of time into January 2011, if Rask is doing well, guess what?, Thomas serves as assurance and trade bait if the Bs are up to the competitive task.  Chiarelli did fine to honor Thomas for his work, he has a five year contract fafter being paid so little as he ascended to the Vezina Trophy season.  Yet, this is a business situation where many are not interested in his services at this point.  Does this mean he is not valuable, well I disagree immensely.  TT is an admirable character worthy of fan respect, but make no issue it is a matter of business. As it should be!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Peanator just throw the numbers up as to the reason why you back a player and be done with it. Just try not to take it personal when someone disagrees with you is all. There's always the ignore button as well Peace!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

few people that know anything bash TT on these forums.

bad contract: in hindsight, it was an unfortunate contract.
    bad goalie: no

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMightyJulien. Show TheMightyJulien's posts

I really like Timmy, i just don't like his contract. I do think he's getting a raw deal around here sometimes and i think he's become the scapegoat of the up-and-down season the B's had. He seemed to let in one soft goal every start and that was extremely costly to a team that couldn't put a puck in the net. People seem to key in on that one soft goal and always forget about the rest of the game where he played great. If the B's could've scored last year the TT bashing would be very minimal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

To be fair...if Thomas lost 4 straight vs Philly there would be threads daily bashing away. People have their favourites, sometimes it hasn't got anything to do with the facts. Rask shows promise and looks to be the goods, but is not a proven NHL winner yet.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Just remember the bashers are just uneducated hockey fans.They lie,and say they played,got 32 PIM'S for arguing offsides,ect.Or the have other occupations like going out to suxfansinill.Thomas stabilized the goaltending in Boston,and has been a great teammate.What Thomas really is, is a two time seventh man award winner,Crozier award winner,Jennings trophy winner,Olympic silver medalist,Eastern conference division champion winning goalie,last but not least a Vezina winner.So all the idiots that have anything but bad things to say about Thomas are just that Idiots!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by notacryingwino

1, Tim Thomas is terrible and overpaid and old and deserves to be bashed.
    2. Every time you start a thread about how great Thomas is and how you cry about TT bashers, we will post and bash him.
    3. Tell me about my occupation again.  "Uneducated hockey fan? Exactly how long did YOU get paid for playing goal? How long did you get paid to coach hockey, particularly goaltenders? <crickets />
    4.  No lying, you just can't stand someone disagreeing with you.
    5.  Idiots.  I'd rather be an idiot.
    6. Vezina winner.  The rest of the league is still laughing over that joke.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Its one thing to pay TT 5 mil a year , but its quite another to give him a no trade clause . Big mistake , no reason for it , its not like TT had played for the B's for 10 years or more and deserved it . He had 1 good season and 1 career year playing on a defence first team , yet PC pays him like he's Marty Brodeur , i still don't get it . I guess i'm an idiot ...... oh well .  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Its one thing to pay TT 5 mil a year , but its quite another to give him a no trade clause . Big mistake , no reason for it , its not like TT had played for the B's for 10 years or more and deserved it . He had 1 good season and 1 career year playing on a defence first team , yet PC pays him like he's Marty Brodeur , i still don't get it . I guess i'm an idiot ...... oh well .  
    Posted by 50belowzero

I would say the reason for it, is unlike this season, goalies were in high demand when thomas would have hit the free agent market.. The market on goalies has dramatically changed, but thomas signed a "friendly" contract at the time for a smaller cap hit then many had suggested.  He Knew Rask was lurking in the weeds and wanted to protect himself from being shipped off to hockey obscurity.

If rask isnt here, no one is having this conversation.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

you got in olsonic. I think hes a good guy, I have admitted before that I never liked his style, and I don't think that is anything I need to apologize for. I think he is over rated, and has been since about a quarter of the way through his vezina winning season. Remeber, he was splitting time with Manny Fernandez, and a lot of people thought that Fernandez was, before the break, the better of the two. Is he a bad goalie? no. Was his vezina campaign a product of the bruins system in which no goalie has ever done poorly? yes. Was it a bad contract? good god yes. Good guy, solid to good goalie, very bad contract.....now RELAX peanator
    Posted by pbergeron37

Wow.  I don't know a soul who thought Fernandez was better than Thomas.  Fernandez got the majority of the cake assignments, starting many games against the league's lower quality teams.  He was the clear backup and Thomas was the clear starter.

No goalie has ever done poorly in the Bruins current system.  There have only been three.  No goalie has ever let in seven goals in the current system.  Also, no goalie has scored a hat trick.  One has won the Vezina. 

Fernandez 2.59GAA and .910SV%

Thomas     2.10GAA and .933SV%

One of those is acceptable.  One is stellar. (Elaine:  Stellaaaaaaaah)

PB37, the more you post about Thomas, the more it is clear how little you know.  You have your bias against the player, and that's okay.  There are guys in the league that I can't stand and I can't tell you why.  I just don't like them.  The difference is that I can admit that there really is no basis for my dislike. 

(btw:  The whole "ask yourself a question and answer it" is a terrible way to present an idea.)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: SICK ABOUT TT BASHING! : I would say the reason for it, is unlike this season, goalies were in high demand when thomas would have hit the free agent market.. The market on goalies has dramatically changed, but thomas signed a "friendly" contract at the time for a smaller cap hit then many had suggested.  He Knew Rask was lurking in the weeds and wanted to protect himself from being shipped off to hockey obscurity. If rask isnt here, no one is having this conversation.
    Posted by rolerhoky19

Great post.  Due to an extreme market shift, a once "team friendly" contract suddenly became a "hard to move" contract.  Its not Thomas' fault, nor is it PC's.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

NAS-
    I would add for all the thomas bashing, people forget the bruins have only had 4 guys ever win the vezina.. And prior to Thomas, Peters won it in 83, and then you have to go back some 40 plus years to find another..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Two things about Thomas that bring about the bashing:

1) His style is very un-orthodox and "busy"...he doesn't tend to stay "calm" in the net, or square up to the shooters like Rask and most of the new crop of young goalies are (over)taught to do, so even when he makes spectacular saves (and he does), they are often of the heart-attack variety and leave fans feeling more frazzled than secure...even though the main point has been achieved--keeping the puck out of the net. These same fans should remember that sometimes ugly goaltending is as good as scoring ugly goals--doesn't matter HOW you do it...just that you get it done.

2) There's Thomas the goalie, and Thomas the Contract. The goalie is good, the contract is not. Yes, he won the Vezina, but he didn't win it at 25 or 26 or even 32...he won it at 35...and you don't give a 35-year old goalie a high-priced, multi-year deal. You just don't. It was short-sighted and stupid, mostly b/c TT very likely would have signed for less--both years and dollars. It was a hasty move that messed up their cap space, and a curious one , given that they already knew they had a rising young star in Rask.

Bottom line: Thomas IS a good goalie. Anyone's who's watched him play for the Bruins (and even at UVM where he was also under-valued by the rest of the college hockey world) knows this is the case, and the numbers back it up. As a back-up, he's phenomenal. I don't think there are many #2 goalies in the league who are as good as Thomas......BUT....he's an albatross as a back up given the salary he's pulling down--thru no fault of his own. That's all on PC.

And: If you can trade him for a good scoring winger--DO IT...b/c we need the scoring more than we do the net-minding, not to mention the cap space it could clear. But good luck finding any takers given TT's age/contract.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If you can trade him for a good scoring winger--DO IT...b/c we need the scoring more than we do the net-minding, not to mention the cap space it could clear. But good luck finding any takers given TT's age/contract.
    Posted by TryToBearIt

And what if Rask, who has started a total of 56 NHL games, fails in his second year?  All the scoring they'd get from the winger wouldn't help if the B's are letting in four goals every game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: SICK ABOUT TT BASHING! : And what if Rask, who has started a total of 56 NHL games, fails in his second year?  All the scoring they'd get from the winger wouldn't help if the B's are letting in four goals every game.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Sure. He could turn out to be the next Blaine Lacher or Andrew Raycroft, but even if that happened (and I doubt it; I'm willing to believe Rask is the real deal despite Game 7) servicable backups are available at fairly cheap prices that would work well in compliment with a higher-scoring team.

The Hawks won it all with Niemi, who really didn't shine until the Finals, and even then was shaky in a couple of games; the Flyers made it there with a combo of guys no one will confuse with Dryden or Plante, and at this point it's worth it for the LOWEST SCORING TEAM IN THE NHL LAST YEAR to take a chance on letting a back up goalie go for offense.

And remember, my problem with TT is his contract, not his game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

probably should have posted this here:

TT will battle and get a chance to contribute because the B's appear to have little choice.  But the odds are better that Rask will outplay TT again.  Rask has the pedigree.  He has been the best of his class since he was a teenager.  He has dominated at the WJC.  He has played pro in Finland and the AHL prior to emerging as an NHL starter.  TT is another kind of story.  A great one non the less but very different.  Kudos to TT for even getting to the NHL nevermind excelling the way he has.  But he is 36 today and will be 37 by the time the 2011 Playoffs arrive.  IMO he isn't getting better and if his competition was not Rask we might be seeing a totally different scenario unfold.  TT has outplayed his competition in the past when you didn't think he could but he is not competing against the likes of Raycroft, Fernandez, Auld or Toivonen these days.  On older, less effective Thomas is competing against one of highest rated goalie prospects the Bruins have ever had and the bigger problem for TT is that Rask is no longer a prospect.  He is ready to be an NHL starting goalie.  No denying it.  Thankyou to the Leafs again! 

It't not a knock on TT.  It is what it is.