So what team is the most improved in the East? and which scares you the most?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Re: So what team is the most improved in the East? and which scares you the most?

At this point, Pitt still scares me the most. The league will be very eager to get Crosby back in the finals...and yes, that is a whacko conspiracy theory.

In reality though, no one truly scares me, the B's "should" be able to compete with any of them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: So what team is the most improved in the East? and which scares you the most?

In Response to Re: So what team is the most improved in the East? and which scares you the most?:
    In Response to So what team is the most improved in the East? and which scares you the most? :            tampa? u got to be kidding  they got 5 good not great forwards the rest of the team is lousy  sure hedman is solid but the other 5 d and their goalies are terrible...boston washington pens are top 3 teams in conference
    Posted by bruins8

Lecavalier (70), Stamkos (95), St. Louis(94)

Krejci (52), Bergeron (52), Chara (43)

Yeah, those Lightning players are just good, not great.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Here's the way I see it.  There's total parity in the league and it's very easy for almost any team to move up 3 spots.

1 Washington

2-5 is mix and match
    Boston - NJ - Pittsburg -Flyers

6-8 Probably in the playoffs, mix and match with next category, one will drop out and 1 will rise from next group.
    Montreal Ottawa Buffalo

9 10 11 Playoff contenders, mix and match, one will go to next category
    Tampa Carolina Islanders

12-14 In trouble
    NYR Florida (Wideman sinks them) Atlanta

In a class of their own, and I will admit wishful thinking, but JS isn't getting any younger and I've seen no improvement thus far.
    15. Toronto MAPLE BELIEFS

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

In Response to Re: So what team is the most improved in the East? and which scares you the most?:
    In Response to Re: So what team is the most improved in the East? and which scares you the most? : Lecavalier (70), Stamkos (95), St. Louis(94) Krejci (52), Bergeron (52), Chara (43) Yeah, those Lightning players are just good, not great.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

lecavalier would be 4th line center on bs  i would take savy krejci or bergy ahead of him   stlouis nice player but cmon... the bruins are way  better overall than tb

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: So what team is the most improved in the East? and which scares you the most? : lecavalier would be 4th line center on bs  i would take savy krejci or bergy ahead of him   stlouis nice player but cmon... the bruins are way  better overall than tb
    Posted by bruins8

Wow.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

The question should be, what team doesn't scare you? In this New NHL teams shift from the top to the bottom really quickly. Every team is really close, see what the Habs did to the caps AND pens?

Tampa and Atlanta are a lot better. Nobody has gotten worse, except maybe the Panthers. 

Pitt, Caps, Bos, Ott, Habs, Flyers,TB, Atlanta, Devils, Sabres can all finish ahead the Bruins.

The only team that isn't scary, thanks to wideman is Florida and maybe the Rangers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: So what team is the most improved in the East? and which scares you the most? : lecavalier would be 4th line center on bs  i would take savy krejci or bergy ahead of him   stlouis nice player but cmon... the bruins are way  better overall than tb
    Posted by bruins8

bruins8 , I think you better stop right there . If you go any further with this I think it will rank right up there with your I'd rather have Kessel then the picks comments. You obviously haven't watched much of Tampa Bay's St. Louis and Lecavalier to be making these comments about them .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Posted by bruins8

I think you and I would have been debating all game long if we watched that playoff game together. Your reasoning is completely off of mine.
    Lecavalier 4th line ????
    Now I get your Ryder theory.
    I'm not saying Tampa is a better team than the Bruins but I say they make the playoffs this season and one of the most improved teams.  Again,  not saying Tampa will win the cup but will be a better team than last season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

In terms of just improving where they  left off last season, if the Toronto Maple Leafs get Savard, I'd have to throw them into the argument. Versteeg was a nice pick-up, if they can land a #1 center that would be a huge improvement for them. Bozack isn't gonna cut it I don't think

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Florida could very well finish last. Toronto, imo, is not as good as last year. Yes, they add Vertseeg and Armstrong, but their offense will still be worse. I'd did some stat tracking and these 2 players will likely total a combined 40 goals. They lost a total of 80 goals with the departures of Ponikarovsky, Hagman, Blake, Mayers and Stajan. JSG in net...please, this isn't 2005 or 2006.
    Their defense is improved over last year, but will that be able to improve their record? I don't think so, especially given the fact that they are in a tough division and teams such as Tampa, Atlanta and Carolina are improved over last year and will likely produce more points than Toronto. I see Toronto battling it out with Florida and the NYI for last spot in the Eastern Conference, which is good news for us, as we will very likely receive another top 5 pick, quite possibly a top 2 or 3.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Clearly, I said, "if they get savard". I think it shows how much player I think he is and how much potential he and Kessel would have to turn that team around.

Guess who had the worst PP percentage in the league? Toronto @ 14%

Savard and Kessel could do wonders for that, I'd think It would put them back around middle of the pack.

p.s.. I could easily get talked out of this prediction.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Why you people aren't talking about the Canes is beyond me.  Carolina Hurricanes.  Won the cup a few years ago.  Beat us in the playoffs year before last.  Red and black jersey.  Aaron Ward plays for them that used to play for us.  Cam Ward in goal, pretty good goalie.  They got a pretty good draft pick this year.

And nobody knows who this team is?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neelybestallaround. Show Neelybestallaround's posts

Why you people aren't talking about the Canes is beyond me.  Carolina Hurricanes.  Won the cup a few years ago.  Beat us in the playoffs year before last.  Red and black jersey.  Aaron Ward plays for them that used to play for us.  Cam Ward in goal, pretty good goalie.  They got a pretty good draft pick this year. And nobody knows who this team is?
    Posted by BadHabitude

You could end up being right. Since they've been in Caniac land they've done the in the play-offs one year & out the next routine. So, if they continue that trend they'll be back in it. So maybe they sneek in that 7th or 8th spot.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neelybestallaround. Show Neelybestallaround's posts

In Response to Re: So what team is the most improved in the East? and which scares you the most? : IMO that doesnt matter. Caps fans play the "habs only won cuz halak was on fire" card all they want. Thats still not an excuse. They lost because they didnt want it bad enough. They should have swept montreal given the difference in talent and standings. Their flaws were blatantly exposed in the playoffs. They lack gritty players, they think that mike green is a true #1 D man, and the goaltending isnt good enough  to make up for their horrible defensive play. They think by having 2 rookie D men(Carlson, Alzner) play full time, that everything will be cured. I have no reason to believe they win anything more than 1 series in the playoffs, if that
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

OK I get that you don't think much of Ovie, but seriously you can't say a team that throws 40-50+ shots with 50% quality scoring chances; doesn't want it bad enough. This team with the exception of questions mark in goal is the the most dangerous team in the league with the fire power they have.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Why you people aren't talking about the Canes is beyond me.  Carolina Hurricanes.  Won the cup a few years ago.  Beat us in the playoffs year before last.  Red and black jersey.  Aaron Ward plays for them that used to play for us.  Cam Ward in goal, pretty good goalie.  They got a pretty good draft pick this year. And nobody knows who this team is?
    Posted by BadHabitude

Not to mention 1 of the top players in the entire league, Eric Staal.

I'm with you, Carolina will, again, be a team to reckon with this season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I gotta go the beast in the east will continue to be washington and pittsburg.. the most improved team, I might go with the Islanders after having a plethora of early first round picks a lot of those guys are coming of age..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

boston on paper has the best team

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Posted by bruins8

On paper we were the 7 seed that had an impossible time scoring goals.  While that was addressed in some form, we still haven't signed wheeler, and the defense on paper isnt improved.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Posted by BadHabitude

You mean the Aaron Ward that they put on waivers last season, maybe even twice?  The Aaron Ward that they traded to the Ducks at the deadline? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Posted by bruins8

Which paper?  The Onion?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

In Response to Re: So what team is the most improved in the East? and which scares you the most? : Which paper?  The Onion?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: So what team is the most improved in the East? and which scares you the most? : You mean the Aaron Ward that they put on waivers last season, maybe even twice?  The Aaron Ward that they traded to the Ducks at the deadline? 
    Posted by Mutant211

OK, at least someone is paying attention.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

injured last season   to many key players  screwed with lines this seAson with health and seguin and horton id expect a repeat of 2 seasons ago when bs were 2nd overall in gf

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The verdict is not out on the Bruins, was 2years ago just a fluke and they overachieved or last season was reality (for some players) ? I don't think it was a fluke, the talent is there , everything clicked and there's no reason we won't see the same magic from 2 seasons ago.
    They could scare many teams in the East, the potential is there and yes I feel Horton will turn it around and make PC look like a genius.
    I'll stick with the Pens being a force . Even though they lost Gonchar they have potential D to back up on the PP.  Anyways he wasn't in the defensive zone.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

The verdict is not out on the Bruins, was 2years ago just a fluke and they overachieved or last season was reality (for some players) ? I don't think it was a fluke, the talent is there , everything clicked and there's no reason we won't see the same magic from 2 seasons ago. They could scare many teams in the East, the potential is there and yes I feel Horton will turn it around and make PC look like a genius. I'll stick with the Pens being a force . Even though they lost Gonchar they have potential D to back up on the PP.  Anyways he wasn't in the defensive zone.
    Posted by BsLegion

PC IS a genius for getting rid of Wideman.  Watching the replay of the playoffs I was reminded of what a scourge Wideman was.  He is an owner of the intangible that takes the life out of teams.  Him along with Komiserak have the ability to take the wind out of any team they are on.

There are problem players out there, IMO you can get away with them on offense, but you can't have a problem guy playing defense.    The errant pass on offense, the mental mistakes on offense hurt, but not nearly as much as they do on defense.