Starts With Ownership!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from briancam2. Show briancam2's posts

Starts With Ownership!

IT ALL STARTS WITH OWNERSHIP!

Let's face it. The B's are going no place fast under the present ownership...at least the present ownership fiscal philosophy. There has to be serious capital investment before any entity can be expected to generate a healthy return on that investment. Exactly what constitutes "serious capital" is, indeed, a relative term. As long as the Jacobs' team prices itself out of the market, it will largely have to depend on mediocre quality players. Buoyed temporarily by the better players on the team (Bergeron, et al), the overall quality of play will eventually settle at a substandard level relegating any hopes of making the playoffs - not to even mention 'The Cup' - to dream status.

Let's collectively hope for a change in ownership soon (maybe the Jacobs' will buy the Sabres and be happy with that) if we ever want to experience the thrill of legitimate playoff action anytime soon in the Hub!

Tom Ingram, Tucson, AZ (formerly South Boston, MA)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from norwoodmustang. Show norwoodmustang's posts

Re: Starts With Ownership!

Forget the money for the players for a second... If you don't have an ownership with a vision and drive to be a champion you are doomed.

If you dont have an ownership who will pony up the money for a top notch GM, coaching staff, scouts etc etc you are doomed.

You can't just spend close to the cap and come up with catchy advertising slogans and sit back and watch you have to be smart and proactive.

The Jacobs are none of these things

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

the only thing I can add is JJ is 70, his expiration date is coming.

Little Chuckie Jacobbs doesn't even have the stomach to do an interview, never mind running the show.

I hope I can outlast him.  One day we will be free.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from norwoodmustang. Show norwoodmustang's posts

Did you hear Charlie on the radio the other day? Charlie is up to his elbow in the Buins cookie jar. He isn't going anywhere, he learned all the tricks in the book from his old man. Don't expect any changes soon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

I'm still EVALUATING!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

norwoodmustang

Trust me, without daddy to tell him what to do and to wipe the tears from Chuckie's eyes and tend to his boo boos, he will fold up like Avery in a fight.

He literally starts sweating when the questions get tough.  JJ stays in the background, he is smart enough to do that.  You can see Little Chuckie wants the spotlight, just wait until he gets it.  The fun will really start then.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

You have it right. Ownership has turned the Bruins into a farm team.

It's up to the fans. Fill the seats and the ownership will stay put. Boycott!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from norwoodmustang. Show norwoodmustang's posts

Badhab 1000% agree with you on Charlie Jacobs. Have you read this article?

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/home/articles/charlie_in_charge

The problem is owning the Bruins is basically a license to print money. He will never give it up, I think things will get worse with this buffoon in charge.

Just think when is at the Polo course with the sweater tied around his neck he can tell all his friends like Chadwick and Maximillon that he owns the Bruins. Never will he give that up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Will Winchester be there too?

I'm EVALUATING !!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid. Show Chowdahkid's posts

Most Bruins fans are just happy with making just the playoffs and brag when they do so where is that extra urgency to win it all?

Bruins fans are complacent happy with being average.