Still can't score

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

Still can't score

Looks a lot like last year's team... I know it's only the 1st game but preseason (except game against MTL and non NHL teams) and this game we're having a real hard time finising plays... Hopefully it gets better but I'm starting to get worried.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Re: Still can't score

Move the Yotes to Boston !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

i think a big part of the problem is Julien's system, they are slow to come out of their own end constantly turning, circling back, passing back across to the other "D" etc. by the time they get to center ice the other team has 5 guys back already it's hard to gain entry and puck control in the opposing end of the ice this way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

In Response to Re: Still can't score:
    [QUOTE]i think a big part of the problem is Julien's system, they are slow to come out of their own end constantly turning, circling back, passing back across to the other "D" etc. by the time they get to center ice the other team has 5 guys back already it's hard to gain entry and puck control in the opposing end of the ice this way.
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]

This is ther smartest thing I've read in months, somebody finally said it. Its painful to watch. They never push the play, the transition game is completely missing. The curl back & d to d passes are for the PP.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Still can't score : This is ther smartest thing I've read in months, somebody finally said it. Its painful to watch. They never push the play, the transition game is completely missing. The curl back & d to d passes are for the PP.
    Posted by soups-7[/QUOTE]

I say its not the system.  It's CJ's speed at adjusting.  He's just too slow.  Whatever was said in the second intermission should have been said halfway through the first period.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

I have said it before and I'll say it yet again...

Claude Julien is slow to make adjustments behind the bench and cannot run an offense in the NHL...

He's completely defensively minded although you wouldn't even know that after today's game...

Still, I doubt JJ replaces him as head coach especially when Lewis is still under contract...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

When the B's were 1st in the east 2 years ago and 1st in goals scored was CJ a bad offensive coach ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

[QUOTE]When the B's were 1st in the east 2 years ago and 1st in goals scored was CJ a bad offensive coach ?
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

yes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

So the B's scored in spite of him ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

I wonder if RMiller realizes that everyone's got him on their ignore list....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

I wonder what the point of beantowngm 15's post was.

The truth hurts !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

[QUOTE]So the B's scored in spite of him ?
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

yes of course, and no one I can think of would argue otherwise. We scored that much because our players were good offensively, and our defensive system was so air-tight we had a lot of opportunities.

We were a defense-first team then, and continue to be now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

2 years ago our scoring was due to having Sav for full year, less press on Berg and Krej, we had a freakin pp.

Hort is going to make a diff, ask after game 20 if we can score and I will say yes and it will be in spite of Cj.  The talent is there, the juggling act will continue for a while before they settle down.

42 shots and 2 goals is not an answer.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

[QUOTE]I have said it before and I'll say it yet again... Claude Julien is slow to make adjustments behind the bench and cannot run an offense in the NHL... He's completely defensively minded although you wouldn't even know that after today's game... Still, I doubt JJ replaces him as head coach especially when Lewis is still under contract...
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]

Lewis is still under contract???? are you sure? if it`s true. Chia.. is a realy great GM.  Wooow!!