Struggling Hall won’t be sent back to junior

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernBrewin. Show NorthernBrewin's posts

Struggling Hall won’t be sent back to junior

Interesting read.

When you're hyped as much as both he and Segs were, the world expects big things.

Glad Segs is already contributing to our team.

Now, how do we trade for Eberle?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Struggling Hall won’t be sent back to junior

I have to say that I laughed out loud when I saw the title.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teddytheo. Show Teddytheo's posts

I can only imagine what the media will be like in Edmonton should Seguin have a better year than Hall, as Hall was deemed to be more NHL ready this season than Seguin, but with Seguin possibly being better in the future. I hope Hall the best though, and obviously Seguin. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

He looked good Saturday night,  he was buzzing all over the ice . I actually said to myself ,  he's bigger and right now seems faster than Seguin.  I think that was just an illusion as that whole team was skating . 
    I didn't finish watching the game, I think Oilers were winning 3-2 at that point. The next day went to check out the box score to see if he finally scored his first .He was a -3 and they lost.
    He'll be okay and is playing well enough to remain with Oilers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Seguin is better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

I always have sympathy for the first overall draft pick. As skilled as they are or as NHL ready people claim them to be they are going to the worst team in league with few to no reputable mentors.

Seguin as well as the Bruins hit the jackpot with the second overall pick. Seguin has opportunity to learn from a legend and a number of other players that have walked in his shoes already. I don't second guess though that if there roles were reversed, Hall playing with the Bruins Seguin with Oilers, Seguin would be struggling in Edmonton.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Thats ridiculous, I watched two games he has played. Granted he is not as good as Eberle, but he is still playing great. Maybe in to the top 5 on the Oilers. He is NOT going anywhere!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Anyone who didn't expect Hall to struggle a bit with the transition to the NHL is nuts. Of course it's going to be hard, even for (especially for) the #1 pick.

As pointed out in that article, Hall was so much more talented than most of the guys that he played against in junior that he dominated the action. He's learning that he can't do that at this level. I'm sure he knew that intellectually, but actually dealing with it on the ice is another matter.

And as a teammate pointed out elsewhere, he can't skate monster shifts and try to do everything himself. He's got to learn that as well.

A poster at HF boards made a good point about Hall and Seguin - Hall comes from a team where he was surrounded by talent and is now on a team that's not so great; Seguin is in the opposite situation. It's not as simple as "Seguin doesn't have to be the man, and Hall does," Seguin also has the luxury of playing alongside a lot of very good players.

Edmonton fans are an impatient lot, which is understandable, but I do hope they lay off the kid and let him grow, and make the inevitable mistakes that are part of the learning process.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Struggling Hall won’t be sent back to junior:[QUOTE] He looked good Saturday night,  he was buzzing all over the ice . I actually said to myself ,  he's bigger and right now seems faster than Seguin. he finally scored his first .He was a -3 and they lost. He'll be okay and is playing well enough to remain with Oilers. Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

He is skating well and I would love to see the Bruins skating on Edmonton's sheet it's easily the best ice. Hall has shown flashes and I do think he is going on tear soon he is everywhere when he's on the ice Hall is the real deal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

I don't put too much emphasis on a rookie's results this early in the season. I look more towards how they are adapting to the NHL level of play. As long as they're adapting well and show signs they can compete I'd stick with them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Hall and Seguin are playing now in the big boys league. They can't stickhandle through pilons anymore and need to make quicker decisions. Pass, trust, skate, etc

Hall from what i seen is trying to do everything himself

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Hey people who said we should trade Wheeler, Hunwick, Savard, Lucic and Rask (and all your other IDIOTIC ideas) to the Oiler so we could get Hall...

I wish some of you people would admit you know jack shot.

spcly u who clm thy kno hocky rely rely gud and "mrk my wrds Hall is 2ice plyr Seguin is".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Struggling Hall won’t be sent back to junior:
    [QUOTE]Hey people who said we should trade Wheeler, Hunwick, Savard, Lucic and Rask (and all your other IDIOTIC ideas) to the Oiler so we could get Hall... I wish some of you people would admit you know jack shot. spcly u who clm thy kno hocky rely rely gud and "mrk my wrds Hall is 2ice plyr Seguin is".
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Or what about the jack shotters who wanted Kabanov instead of who the Bruins picked after Seguin ? LOL