Sturm Demoted: Chiarelli needs to go.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from closetightly. Show closetightly's posts

It is looking more and more evident by the day that Peter Chiarelli while a fine man with good intentions and character is simply not equipped to be an NHL GM.

Fresh off signing a 4 year 14 million deal Marco Sturm has been demoted to the third line and possibly fourth line duty by Chiarelli's second coach to date Claude Julien who recently said when asked what is wrong with Sturms game he replied "Everything"

Chiarelli has set this team back dramatically with his horrendous signings and trades, he is just not the right GM for the job here in Boston.

SIGNINGS:

Dave Lewis 4 years (undisclosed)

Marco Sturm 4 years $ 14 million

Dennis Wideman 4 years $15.75 million

Zdeno Chara 5 years $35 million

(Chara while a good player played like crap for the first year and a half, played a great second half last year and is now playing like garbage again, a mega albatross on the salary cap)

Michael Ryder 3 years $12 million (signed to replace Glen Murray and he is doing just that, unfortunately last years version of Murray. Ryder has just 2 goals on the year and is on pace for a 14 goal season)

Trades: Manny Fernandez 2 years $9.25 million (Traded Petr Kalus and a 4th round pick to Min)

Milan Jurcina for a 4th round pick (Jurcina is the Caps leader in Mins for a D man)

Brandon Bochenski for Kris Versteeg who is now on Chicagos first line

Dennis Wideman for Brad Boyes who had 43 goals last year and 7 already this season (Boyes a bargain 40 goal scorer at only $2.5 million a season!)

Traded 29 year old Paul Mara for 35 year old Aaron Ward for more years and more money

Shean Donovan's expiring contract for Peter Schaefer with 2 more years and 5 million dollars. (Schaefer sent down to the minors)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoldOnBlack. Show GoldOnBlack's posts

well i hope you like the way your foot tastes..... Sturm scored tonight after being "demoted"...Julien is just trying to get his main guys to wake up and apparently he knows a little more about coaching than you do.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coachparker. Show coachparker's posts

[Quote]well i hope you like the way your foot tastes..... Sturm scored tonight after being "demoted"...Julien is just trying to get his main guys to wake up and apparently he knows a little more about coaching than you do.[/Quote]

Hey Gold and Black, yup Sturm scored A goal, how does that change anything? Did you read the posters comments? I doubt you could come up with anything that cogent and well thought out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sculleryjay. Show sculleryjay's posts

Haha goldonblack is another one of these bruins excuse makers where no matter what you say he will stomp his feet, pout, and ignore the obvious.

That numbskull aside I think PC IS IN over his head with this job. Now he has made some nice moves like Wheeler, Sobotka (even though clode wont play him) Rask (hopefully) but PC's bad moves far outweigh and out number his good moves IMO

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

another new name starting a thread about how bad every move made by the is. this has to be about the 7th "new" person to start posting here in the past week and every one of there threads is antbruin in some way. best bet is it's the same person

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sculleryjay. Show sculleryjay's posts

[Quote]another new name starting a thread about how bad every move made by the is. this has to be about the 7th "new" person to start posting here in the past week and every one of there threads is antbruin in some way. best bet is it's the same person [/Quote]

Excuse me? How am I being "Anti Bruin" maybe you and GoldonBlack are the same person. Grow up kid.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

sturm gets his 2nd goal of the game with 5 minutes left.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Hey nimrod bashers.. B's are having a good year so far. What will shut you up? An undefeated season?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sculleryjay. Show sculleryjay's posts

[Quote]Hey nimrod bashers.. B's are having a good year so far. What will shut you up? An undefeated season?[/Quote]

undefeated? B's are 3rd in their own division?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

[Quote]

Excuse me? How am I being "Anti Bruin" maybe you and GoldonBlack are the same person. Grow up kid.[/Quote]

scullery, unless you are posting under 2 names I wasn't refering to you. there have been several threads started lately by people with less than 5 posts, and every one of them rip the team even after a good win.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

how do you get Auld back ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sculleryjay. Show sculleryjay's posts

[Quote]

scullery, unless you are posting under 2 names I wasn't refering to you. there have been several threads started lately by people with less than 5 posts, and every one of them rip the team even after a good win. [/Quote]

My mistake I thought you were going after me. FYI I think all those posts were before the game was even played. Just though u should know.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In this case I realize the thread was made before tonights game. anyways, what a great game tonight and now they are off for a while. I hope they continue to play like they did tonight, It was almost as exciting as last years playoff series games (except game 7)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sculleryjay. Show sculleryjay's posts

[Quote]how do you get Auld back ?[/Quote]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulmend. Show paulmend's posts

OMG what a dumb post. You would have thought the Bruins were winless with some of the statements that were posted here.

BTW anyone who still haprs on the Wideman for Boyes trade...AGAIN! If Chara has not played like the number one D man on the team (which he hasn't). Then who has....WIDEMAN that's who! I could care less about Boyes anymore, or Paul Mara!!!!! LOL That was a great trade for the Bruins. Stop dissecting every move PC makes.

With the opening schedule for this season there is NO ONE here that could tell me thay they thought the Bruins record would look as good as it does right now! (and it could have easily looked better)

So all I say is LAYOFF with so much stupid bashing of PC or Chara or Strum and enjoy what we have for if tonights game is any indication...we're in for some more fun nights at the TD Banknorth Garden!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Just terrible, terrible analysis by your typical "I wanna win NOWWW" cry baby. do you realize this team was completely dismantled from the Joe Thornton days, and that a couple of years back this team was in absolute shambles?

Chiarelli doesn't come across as a genious, but he could have sank this franchise last summer by over-paying for Hossa, but he gave himself some wiggle room for an aquisition at this years deadline.

Dennis wideman is a quality offensive minded defenseman.

my god it is like 10 games into the season, give ryder a break.

Just ask other NHL players what they think about Chara, he's one of the best defensemen in the league.

By the way, Chiarelli did a pretty damn good job convincing Blake Wheeler to come to Boston.
    Wheeler looks like a stud

Ward is much better than Mara

Ask Cam Neely what he thinks about Sturm.

Fernandez is a quality goaltender, and Bruins fans should be more than pleased we have such a good second option.

The Capitals defense is pitiful, why even look at Jurcina's minutes.. their team is horrendous.

I did like bochenski offensively, i understand that there are only so many places for him to play, I like staking draft picks.
    what a cry baby

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from coachparker. Show coachparker's posts

[Quote]Just terrible, terrible analysis by your typical "I wanna win NOWWW" cry baby. do you realize this team was completely dismantled from the Joe Thornton days, and that a couple of years back this team was in absolute shambles?

Chiarelli doesn't come across as a genious, but he could have sank this franchise last summer by over-paying for Hossa, but he gave himself some wiggle room for an aquisition at this years deadline.

Dennis wideman is a quality offensive minded defenseman.

my god it is like 10 games into the season, give ryder a break.

Just ask other NHL players what they think about Chara, he's one of the best defensemen in the league.

By the way, Chiarelli did a pretty damn good job convincing Blake Wheeler to come to Boston.
    Wheeler looks like a stud

Ward is much better than Mara

Ask Cam Neely what he thinks about Sturm.

Fernandez is a quality goaltender, and Bruins fans should be more than pleased we have such a good second option.

The Capitals defense is pitiful, why even look at Jurcina's minutes.. their team is horrendous.

I did like bochenski offensively, i understand that there are only so many places for him to play, I like staking draft picks.
    what a cry baby[/Quote]

Do you work for team Jacobs? As I find you to be the biggest fact twisting Sheep in the History of Boston.com You are totally clueless in every facet of the game. Chiarelli has dont an atrocious job thus far as GM.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dtvh1959. Show dtvh1959's posts

Sturm is, at best, a 2nd line 20-25 goal scorer, thouhyg 3rd line is no surprise. Fact is, the guy rarely scores a big goal, often scores in bunches and mayt not know the meaning of a body check. 14Million? I think that is a stretch.......Paul Mora remains half asleep behind the blue line in NY, still underachieving.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tarpouch. Show tarpouch's posts

[Quote]Hey nimrod bashers.. B's are having a good year so far. What will shut you up? An undefeated season?[/Quote]
    What will make them shut up? Beating the living @#$% out of the Canadiens. And doing it convincingly. Like this Wheeler kid and Kessel is coming along.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Sturm and Ryder are both plus 7 tied for the team lead and 5 and 6th in team scoring. How dare they play good defence while putting up points. Both these players are very valuable and would be easily traded with their current contracts.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[Quote]

Do you work for team Jacobs? As I find you to be the biggest fact twisting Sheep in the History of Boston.com You are totally clueless in every facet of the game. Chiarelli has dont an atrocious job thus far as GM.[/Quote]

/fail

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from michwolverine. Show michwolverine's posts

Re: Sturm Demoted: Chiarelli needs to go.

I agree

STURM IS A MONEY PIT! GET HIM OUT OF HERE!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Everyone was hoping Sturm would get 30 and Ryder would get 30 to off-set not signing Kessel.  That hasn't worked out.  PC knows it.  He will make the right moves.  Be patient. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

I like PC and think he's a pretty decent GM, but I'm afraid his hands are tied with Sturm and Ryder. The deals those guys got make them NTC's whether they are or not. They're both streaky scorers, hopefully that streak will start soon. (the streak where they score not the current one they have cashing checks at the bank)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In Response to Sturm Demoted: Chiarelli needs to go.:
    [QUOTE]Sturm is, at best, a 2nd line 20-25 goal scorer, thouhyg 3rd line is no surprise. Fact is, the guy rarely scores a big goal, often scores in bunches and mayt not know the meaning of a body check. 14Million? I think that is a stretch.......Paul Mora remains half asleep behind the blue line in NY, still underachieving.
    Posted by dtvh1959[/QUOTE]

2nd line with 20-25 goals ???   right now that kind of production makes him a Bruin sniper !!!!