Swap could be with Cal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Re: Swap could be with Cal

If you could pull that trade off then you need to replace Chiarelli as GM of the Bruins immediately..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Why would Calgary ever do that?

Ryder has 0 trade value

Even though Phaneuf is having a bad year, he's still 10x better than Wideman

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from brinker80. Show brinker80's posts

Why in god's name would Calgary trade those two players for Ryder and Wideman?  The rest of the league does not want the Bruins' trash.  Get it through your heads!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I could see a team taking either Ryder or Wideman but not both as long as there is more Salary coming back for more money. If Calgary took Ryder and sent Phaneuf the Flames would be gaining cap space, saving money and aquiring someone whom needs a change of scenary.

Ryder would probably thrive in Calgary's system and Ryder comes of the books in 2 years. This why I think Wideman might work going to Edmonton for Souray. The Oilers get someone for less money, less years and needs a new address.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from brinker80. Show brinker80's posts

Ryder for Phaneuf may work from a salary perspective, but not from a value perspective.  Going to take more than a non-gimpy version of Glen Murray to pull Dion out of Calgary.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

How about Bitz for Iginla?  That's about as possible.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Maybe we can get Kipper a dn Iggy for Rask and Begin as well.

Realize that there are 2 GM's involved and this isnt fantasy sports.  Wideman is
    -12 and is horrible in his own end and has done nothing to make me smile in the other end.  I hated the Ryder signing always and he is a complete dud.  To suggest he is a 1st line player is laughable.  They should send Ryder to the AHL and let him rot. 

Dion will cost Bergeron.  I still don't think Calgary makes that deal considering some health issue with PB.  Dion is 24 yrs old.  He is an elite d-man that can skate and move the puck and drastically change a game with a big hit or PP goal. I think he needs a change of scenary.  If I were Calgary I would offer Dion for Carter.  Calgary would finally have a center for Iggy. 

Wideman and ryder will net us nothing.  Trust me.  Unless its one bad contract for another.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Whether you like it or not Ryder does have value as does Wideman.

Ryder would be welcomed to a lot of teams, even at his inflated salary, many teams have players paid more and producing less, he will score 25 on a bad season that has been totally disrupted by injuries and line shifting, not to mention ice time slowed with a rolling of 4 lines.

Dion has been on a Cal slide since middle of last year and was left off Team Canada, I guess he was a sloppy second. He was main man and now they have many D to replace him Bouwm, Regehr, Sarich and Giordano are a very good nucleus with Wideman he would be a number 3-4.

This would be a trade that could be made only because it allows both teams to function within the capspace and allows all players a new look in a new environment.

Would I trade Phaneuf, no way, probably not even for Kovalchuk and not for Chara, but he does need a new scenery and it is going to come sooner than later.
    I don't know his problems, some Troll spouting drugs, could be I don't know, but he is a Bruin throwback and no I don't mean throw back.

On another note none of their top 3 were added to team Canada and I believe it was a huge mistake and a shake your head kind of deal, the same for Green being left off. At least 1 of those 4 should have been there and all 4 would be on any other squad.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Goat,

You are aware that it's Bouwmeester who is under fire in Calgary, right?

P.S.  Phaneuf is well overrated by those who don't watch him nightly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marc627. Show Marc627's posts

i agree i herd this deal last night on the NHL network... Bouwmester only  has 2 goals compared to  Phaneuf who has 8 not to mention the deal Bouwmester  just signed is gonna make him impossible to move  i say make the deal he is still young and He would add a PHYSICAL presence because this guy can flat out hit and over. The past couple years in Calgary has been amongst the top defenseman in points

Cara- Boychuk

Phaneuf - Morris

there gonna score a lot of points

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Bouwmeester is not scoring and that was one of the things he was picked up for was point production and was expected to improve on Flo stats with Cal but is far less. He is their team leader in plus minus though.

Phan is a minus and his play has decresed not since middle of last year but the middle of 2008 and has been constantly brought out on his play by Pierre knows nothing McGuire for the last 2 years, he needs a new place of scenery, not sure it is Boston but a place that allows him to be more point productive he scored 20 as a rookie and not since.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Ahem. Once again:

NOBODY IS GOING TO TAKE BOTH WIDEMAN AND RYDER IN THE SAME DEAL!!!!!!! THEY'RE EXPENSIVE AND UNDERACHIEVING! YOU'RE CERTAINLY NOT GOING TO GET A TOP NHL PLAYER FOR THOSE TWO GUYS AND A PROSPECT WHOSE STOCK HAS DROPPED.

TRASH FOR TREASURE DEALS DON'T HAPPEN IN THE NHL MUCH THESE DAYS. STOP COMING UP WITH STUPID PROPOSALS THAT WILL NEVER, EVER IN A MILLION YEARS COME TRUE.

Sorry.  I'm all right now. Really.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marc627. Show Marc627's posts

FIRST OF ALL  WIDEMAN IS A THROW IN HE HAS PROVEN THAT HE CAN PUT UP GREAT NUMBERS AND AS FOR RIDER HE A PROVEN GOAL SCORER SHO IS GONNA PUT UP 20-30 A YEAR ESPACIALY IF HES GONNA PLAY ON A LINE WITH IGINLA. PHANEUF HAS HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE COACHING AND PLAY TIME SO THE GM IS TRYING TO MOVE HIM OUT

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Yeah and who would trade Thornton for last years sour milk, it happened and will continue to happen, Hossa went for nothing and Kovalchuk may go for next to nothing if he is  only a rental.  Shiite happens and throwing a used but decent d into the trash, I will take it out and turn it into a treasure and when I am done with its usefulness I will make it available as someone else's treasure.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Marc, of course...I'm sure Calgary's front office has been dialing PC's number nonstop, begging the Bruins to part with Wideman and Ryder.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

There are very few players in the NHL I would give up Thomas or Chara for, Jaybo is one of them (reluctantly) and Iginla is another. But I don't see any of those four moving anywhere anytime this season, or during the early part of next. We might as well try and pry Weber out of Columbus.

That said...If we could convince Sutter that Wideman, Ryder and Tampa's second were enough for Jaybo, I'd jump on the deal. Just think of the Dpairs next year:
    Chara-Jaybo
    Stuart-Boychuck
    Morris-Hunwick
    Mcquaid/Alexanderov