The gift that keeps on giving!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stourque. Show stourque's posts

The gift that keeps on giving!

Remember Barry Pederson? Traded him to Vancouver for Cam and a first round pick that turned out to be Glen Wesley. Wesley went to Hartford (Carolina) for three first round picks. Those picks turned out to be Kyle McLaren, Jonathan Aitken, and Sergie Sansonov. McLaren was later traded to San Jose for Jeff Hackett and Jeff Jillson. Jillson was later traded back to SJ for Brad Boyes who was later dealt to St Louis for Dennis Wideman. Samsonov was traded to Edmonton for Marty Reasoner, Yan Stastny and a 2nd round pick who turned out to be Milan Lucic! So Wideman and Lucic are remnants from a deal over 20 years ago!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Re: The gift that keeps on giving!

now THAT is crazy, way to do your homework

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

I love this post, but I have to say it:

you have WAY too much time on your hands!

:)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pissttt. Show pissttt's posts

25 years ago......  hhmm..  remember this one? ERNIE FARNDALGO goes from PROVIDENCE to PORTLAND for  BRUCE SHOEBOTTOM.. ....  2 months later bruce scores his first goal, beats up 2 penguins. and trips going into the penalty box breaking his nose. i was laughing so hard i missed the step  and fell down the stairs at the old Boston garden hurting my back... and it still hurts today talk about the GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING..... THANKS SHOE!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hendy77. Show hendy77's posts

Too funny!

I love the trickle down effect of some of these trades.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to The gift that keeps on giving!:
    [QUOTE]Remember Barry Pederson? Traded him to Vancouver for Cam and a first round pick that turned out to be Glen Wesley. Wesley went to Hartford (Carolina) for three first round picks. Those picks turned out to be Kyle McLaren, Jonathan Aitken, and Sergie Sansonov. McLaren was later traded to San Jose for Jeff Hackett and Jeff Jillson. Jillson was later traded back to SJ for Brad Boyes who was later dealt to St Louis for Dennis Wideman. Samsonov was traded to Edmonton for Marty Reasoner, Yan Stastny and a 2nd round pick who turned out to be Milan Lucic! So Wideman and Lucic are remnants from a deal over 20 years ago!
    Posted by stourque[/QUOTE] Good stuff, great post. I suspect the kessel deal will be talked about many years down the road also.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pissttt. Show pissttt's posts

please, stop with this kessel stuff..  if you know anything about hockey you know he is a good player, sometimes exciting, but most of the time a one dimensional player, when he is not hurt ,or taking the nite off. and as a season  holder he takes to many nites off and not warranted 5.5 mil a year i would take a potential lottery pick this year, and a top ten pick next year for him anytime. the best way to put it would be like this .... if this was a trade tell me you would not do this ...Boston trades phil kessel to Toronto for 2 ( potentional #1 picks)....a high second round pick, and the rights to sign marc savard for 7 years....   IN A HEART BEAT!!!!!..... and i,m still laughing bruce shoebottem you were priceless!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

yeaaa pissttt, so we'll be talking about the effect of those draft picks for years to come...it doesnt always haave to be negative

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulmend. Show paulmend's posts

This is sort of what I say with the Thorton trade...a lot of people here say all that is left is Marco Sturm. Which is incorrect. Primeau and Stuart were traded to Calgary for Kobesew and Ference. Kobesew was traded to Minnasota for 2 players, one is a prospect. Plus you could argue that if Joe was not traded then Phil Kessel would not have been a Bruin thus no trade to Toronto.

Now I don't want to start another, "this was a bad or good trade thread"! But not just Marco Sturm is left over from Jumbo Joe. Also if Sturm is traded and the Bruins get backa player or picks, then that's more from JOE!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

If your referring to me, I meant all the good things that may come the bruins way because of the kessel trade. Savard signing for peanuts is just the beginning of many good things to come. If kessel signs in boston for big bucks savard would insist on much more than he got, and would get it, likely with another team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pissttt. Show pissttt's posts

to make things even....i was a devout peter chiarellie hater but i must say he has swayed me with the way he has manoeuvred the cap, and the players he has signed,  and the players he would not sign. the next 2 years you have 3 #1  1 #2   3 #3  i think colburn is a steal, and caron can be a good 3rd or 4th liner,   arniel  has attitude and skill, and i think marchand also,  don,t discount boychuck  or lentonen or sobotka, they young core players on the big club they have signed has certenly surprised me (i.e rask and lucic) this is not my old jacobs boston bruins. chiarellie seems to have a plan and for once since harry sinden he,s sticking to it...."SHOE!!!! SHOE!!!! SHOE!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

That's funny, i was just thinking yesterday on the can that Bruce Shoebottom has one of the best names ever. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

nice pissttt, glad to see PC has converted some people. kudos, if those numbers were referring to draft picks, you got it a bit wrong. next year we have 2 1st, 3 2nds, and i think two 3rds
    year after 2 firsts (i htink we'll get another for thomas eventually) two 2nds, and 1 third