Things to like about Horton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Re: Things to like about Horton

Chris Higgins is not better than Stephen Weiss or David Booth...

That's just nuts !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Things to like about Horton:
    That's looking only at one single season, NAS... You still haven't disproven my original comment on this thread that seems to trouble you so much... Nathan Horton has less points in his six seasons in the NHL than Michael Ryder has in his six seasons in the NHL. Keep trying...
    Posted by RMiller87

I agree that he had more points.  I disagree that it is the only way to judge the players production.

I guess we'll have to wait and see how they both do this season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Yes, time will tell...

But these two players actually do have alot of similarities...

When inspired to play to their potential, they are both solid wingers...

Unfortuntely, both also have had tendencies to disappear for long stretches at a time...

We can only hope that we see more of the former and less of the latter.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Chris Higgins is not better than Stephen Weiss or David Booth... That's just nuts !
    Posted by RMiller87

Booth has played four seasons, '06-07 to '09-10.  In that time, he had 126 points.

Over those same seasons, Higgins has 130.

Booth has less points in four seasons in the NHL than Higgins has in four seasons in the NHL.

By your forumla you have used to compare Horton and Ryder, "Nathan Horton has less points in his six seasons in the NHL than Michael Ryder has in his six seasons in the NHL", Higgins is better than Booth.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Yes, but Higgins only had 23 points in 2008-2009 and 14 points in 2009-2010...

Regardless, I still think that a healthy David Booth is a better hockey player than Chris Higgins is...

Not getting whatever point that you are failing to make clearly...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yes, but Higgins only had 23 points in 2008-2009 and 14 points in 2009-2010... Regardless, I still think that a healthy David Booth is a better hockey player than Chris Higgins is... Not getting whatever point that you are failing to make clearly...
    Posted by RMiller87

I completely agree that Booth is a better hockey player than Higgins.  This shows the flaw in your original formula.

I am looking forward to the upcoming season.  I think it's going to be great to see Horton playing the wing in Boston.  Last season, we witnessed Byron Bitz on the top line.  This upcoming season, we'll have a legit winger there instead.

I can't wait.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to Re: Things to like about Horton : I completely agree that Booth is a better hockey player than Higgins.  This shows the flaw in your original formula. I am looking forward to the upcoming season.  I think it's going to be great to see Horton playing the wing in Boston.  Last season, we witnessed Byron Bitz on the top line.  This upcoming season, we'll have a legit winger there instead. I can't wait.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Au contraire, mon Noir et Or Frere !

It merely shows how far you will go to try and spin an argument.

I originally said that Ryder had more points in his six year career in the NHL playing with linemates like Higgins than Horton had playing with linemates like Booth.

You seemed to take offense to that statement of fact.

Now, you are also agreeing that Booth is a better player than Higgins. 

Seeing as you are so excited about Horton's acquisition, it would seem to me that you might have some 'splaining to do on what your beef with Ryder is.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Things to like about Horton : Au contraire, mon Noir et Or Frere ! It merely shows how far you will go to try and spin an argument. I originally said that Ryder had more points in his six year career in the NHL playing with linemates like Higgins than Horton had playing with linemates like Booth. You seemed to take offense to that statement of fact. Now, you are also agreeing that Booth is a better player than Higgins.  Seeing as you are so excited about Horton's acquisition, it would seem to me that you might have some 'splaining to do on what your beef with Ryder is.
    Posted by RMiller87

Rmiller , NAS changes his opinions on topics as fast as the weather changes. This is his opinion the other day when finding out that the B's had acquired Horton.

First: 12/30/2009
    Last: 6/24/2010
    In Response to Re: The Rumor Counter:
    Not-A-Shot Posts: 1232 First: 12/30/2009 Last: 6/22/2010 In Response to Re: The Rumor Counter :  SURPRISE !
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

A better word would have been disappointed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

Ryder brings no grit to his game and is primarily a perimeter player and does not get down lown to crash and bang. Horton will bring this to the table as we desperately need it.  Ryder was easy to shut down as his game became very predictable. If he has no sak to go to the net then Ryder had to rely on quick. fast shots that were accurate.  The key word accurate.  He lost his shot and he lost his goals.  From what I see with Horton is he is not afraid to crash the net and he can can also shoot as well. Defensively he is not a liabiity and yes he is consistent, but being only 25 that makes sense.The hope is to have him play here in Boston with a completely different atmosphere and surrounding characters like Neely, Chara and hopefully Recchi one more year.  Not to mention Seguin to come.  I love this trade, but always wonder what they would have taken at 15.  Loved Emererson Etems game as last year I was hoping for Chris Kreider. I think both will be very productive players in the NHL. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Things to like about Horton : Rmiller , NAS changes his opinions on topics as fast as the weather changes. This is his opinion the other day when finding out that the B's had acquired Horton.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

I wouldn't say I changed my opinion as much as my feelings on it.  It would be easy to be on Miller's side, bashing the deal up and down the river, being upset, using stupid formulas to fail to prove a point.  I could join the entire "they say" crowd and hoot and hollar about his inconsistent play and how he's not nice to waiters when he's out to eat.  I could stomp my feet and yell about the #15 pick and how the B's gave up way too much.

OR

I could be happy that the team made a move for some scoring.  Since the Kessel trade, I've been praying for a scoring winger.  Now he's here.

My first reaction was disappointment because I had read what "they" said about him.  I decided that wasn't the route I was going to take, however, because it doesn't change anything.  If it doesn't change anything, why not be happy instead?

So yes, I did change my initial reaction, and I'm really happy about it.  I can't wait to see Horton bombing down the right side, bowling guys over and picking corners.