Think we have a logjam at center right now? Wait till Colborne is ready...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

Think we have a logjam at center right now? Wait till Colborne is ready...

There is no way we can keep all four of Bergeron/Krejci/Seguin/Colborne

This makes me think Bergy is gone after his contract is done :(

And Seguin is NOT going to be converted to a full time winger.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from emjd. Show emjd's posts

Re: Think we have a logjam at center right now? Wait till Colborne is ready...

If Colborne can't play wing, maybe krejci will be the one moved. the team president seemed to say how bergy was the teams best palyer night in and night out, can't see him leaving, and krejci reminds me of stumpel, lots of talent but doesn't always compete

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

In Response to Re: Think we have a logjam at center right now? Wait till Colborne is ready...:
    If Colborne can't play wing, maybe krejci will be the one moved. the team president seemed to say how bergy was the teams best palyer night in and night out, can't see him leaving, and krejci reminds me of stumpel, lots of talent but doesn't always compete
    Posted by emjd

Are you serious...?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brandonboys1. Show brandonboys1's posts

I disagree w/ Krejci's compete level. I think he works very hard. Sometimes when guys make it look easy or seem unfazed its looked upon as "he's not trying", when its the exact opposite. IMHO

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Think we have a logjam at center right now? Wait till Colborne is ready...:
    Posted by emjd

Don't make things up for the sake of typing more words.  I have watched almost every game Krejci has played in the NHL, and I have never seen him take one shift off.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

krejci isn't fast enough to be a winger, bergeron is
    Posted by pbergeron37

Speed isn't a requirement for wingers.

Just ask Lucic.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'd love to see a training camp sprint drill.  I'm willing to bet Lucic isn't close to the slowest guy out there.  He looks awful, he lumbers, he's as ugly a skater as I've seen in a long time.  But he kept up with some of the best skaters in the world at the Olympic camp, and you can't rack up the hits if you can't get there.

Nimble?  No.  But he can get there on the forecheck.

They've been projecting Colborne as a wing since the day they drafted him.  Chiarelli likes his shot.  Besides, why are Colborne and Seguin entitled to play centre and bump one or two of the best players on the team to the wings?  What have they proven?  Make them earn that right.

I don't buy this "oh it will hurt their development" garbage.  The one thing both Colborne and Seguin seem to be is smart, so I'm pretty sure they can figure out how to have an impact on the wing if they are ready to have an impact.  Success on the wing, with fewer defensive responsibilities and the chance to play off of Krejci or Bergeron, is more likely to build the kids' confidence than shatter it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Good points Bookboy....And on a side note, when you are as good as the bruins are (i.e. when you have the ability to say, "we are going to compete for the cup this year" with a straight face).....You do NOT prioritize development over winning.

If the Bruins were a .500 team, then I could see the "dont play Seguin and COlborne out of position"....But we're not a .500 team.  We are a competitive team, which is why our focus should be on the short term.

If Colborne and Seguin can help this team next year at wing (and our centers are stacked), then move 'em over! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Bruins should be worrying about putting the best team on the ice right now....not development.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Teams have missed championship windows because they were too busy focusing on 3-5 yrs from now, when they should have been focusing on getting that final piece to put them over the hump.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I'd love to see a training camp sprint drill.  I'm willing to bet Lucic isn't close to the slowest guy out there.  He looks awful, he lumbers, he's as ugly a skater as I've seen in a long time.  But he kept up with some of the best skaters in the world at the Olympic camp, and you can't rack up the hits if you can't get there. Nimble?  No.  But he can get there on the forecheck. They've been projecting Colborne as a wing since the day they drafted him.  Chiarelli likes his shot.  Besides, why are Colborne and Seguin entitled to play centre and bump one or two of the best players on the team to the wings?  What have they proven?  Make them earn that right. I don't buy this "oh it will hurt their development" garbage.  The one thing both Colborne and Seguin seem to be is smart, so I'm pretty sure they can figure out how to have an impact on the wing if they are ready to have an impact.  Success on the wing, with fewer defensive responsibilities and the chance to play off of Krejci or Bergeron, is more likely to build the kids' confidence than shatter it.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Agreed I will take your point one step farther.  I believe the quickest way to hinder the development of players and an organization as a whole is to hand players reponsibilities and or honors which they have not earned.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctbruins. Show ctbruins's posts

Good points Bookboy....And on a side note, when you are as good as the bruins are (i.e. when you have the ability to say, "we are going to compete for the cup this year" with a straight face).....You do NOT prioritize development over winning. If the Bruins were a .500 team, then I could see the "dont play Seguin and COlborne out of position"....But we're not a .500 team.  We are a competitive team, which is why our focus should be on the short term. If Colborne and Seguin can help this team next year at wing (and our centers are stacked), then move 'em over! 
    Posted by Drewski5

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctbruins. Show ctbruins's posts

In Response to Re: Think we have a logjam at center right now? Wait till Colborne is ready... : Speed isn't a requirement for wingers. Just ask Lucic.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Think we have a logjam at center right now? Wait till Colborne is ready... : Agreed I will take your point one step farther.  I believe the quickest way to hinder the development of players and an organization as a whole is to hand players reponsibilities and or honors which they have not earned.
    Posted by RickyHussle

Are you kidding me?  thats may be great for development of some guys, sink or swim, its awful in terms of putting a winning product on the ice.. Its also not a safe way to develop players.. Many will not succeed and will turn into bombs.. You have put this idea in a couple places.. Seguin is a top pick he should not have to earn his time it should be handed to him etc.. I am glad you have nothing to do with these kind of decisions...

Competition for spots is what will bring out the best in most players. I do feel the team needs to show thier support for guys, seguin if he makes the team should be allowed to make rookie mistakes with out fearing his playing time will be drastically cut (I did always feel this hurt Sobotka here).. But he should have to earn a spot on the line he plays, and he should have to play at a high enough level to keep it, while knowing in full confidence if he gets moved down to say the 3rd line that management still has full confidence in him to succeed, but there are parts of his game that will need more work..etc.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Great position to be in. There isn't a team in the league that wouldn't want there hand forced because of to many quality players at center. So many different opportunity's here!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Uh, roler...I think you owe Ricky a "my bad". 

Hinder: to cause delay, interruption, or difficulty in; hamper; impede

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I've seen Colborne play quite a bit live and on the tele @ Denver. Bruins fans will be impressed by his versatility. If he is switched to wing which looks likely Big Joe will have no problems at all. Caron and Colborne were very good picks by PC.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Uh, roler...I think you owe Ricky a "my bad".  Hinder: to cause delay, interruption, or difficulty in;  hamper; impede
    Posted by Bookboy007

HA,
    Did totally wiff on that one.. we will chaulk that up to over work, I saw that on  a different thread yesterday and thought it was an insane post, read that to quick and assumed it was the same poster so "MY BAD"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Does that make it to late to edit the comment to read about how I agree, and I don't look like an a$S

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hey, I didn't copy it just to leave you that option.

'Dog - Saw Colborne in the AJHL twice.  He was good, but not eye-popping.  All of the talk about him needing to put on mass, play a less contact-averse game etc.?  Well if you saw him playing against tier 2 competition, you'd have thought "no sheet".  So it was good to hear that he's progressed and still produced at the level you'd hope.

I have this weird inkling that putting Colborne at centre might cause him to backslide, play more cautiously, look for the pass more often rather than use his shot.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

As college play doesn't translate and neither does a few games at the tail end of a non-playoff year for an AHL team. He'll need some time as we all could agree. I concur on having him play more wing but I think the Bs wanted to see him with Sauve at first so we'll see.

Another reason I've got high hopes is at one of his Denver games against an NHL loaded North Dakota team I sat within ear shot of an Islander scout who said this kid has got the goods for the NHL.

One thing I don't like about the AHL is your prospects are playing with a ton of NHL rejects and you don't see how they play with the real talent. Hamill should get thrown into the fray this year what's there to lose ? He's got one year left.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

To echo what SanDog said, I think that Colborne was always projected as a wing and will have no problem playing wing.  I am a transplanted Bruins fan living in Denver and am a DU hockey season ticket holder.  I've watched Colborne play a lot and I think he will be better suited as an NHL winger.  He is a very good puck possession guy in the corners, makes smart passes, and will drive to the net when needed.  I'm not sure he is NHL ready and I think he needs a season in the AHL, so I am hoping that he and Caron play on the top Providence line next year with Hamill (last shot) in the middle.  I think Colborne will be a left wing in the NHL eventually.

The Bruins seem to be continuously drafting/acquiring centers that they project as wingers, so I wouldn't worry about the logjam too much.  Half the guys who play center in juniors/college switch to wing in the pros. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

One thing I don't like about the AHL is your prospects are playing with a ton of NHL rejects and you don't see how they play with the real talent. Hamill should get thrown into the fray this year what's there to lose ? He's got one year left.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

This is one of the big reasons I was hoping the B's wouldn't re-sign Recchi.  Who knows?  Maybe Hamill is ready?  Maybe Colborne could equal Recchi's output, but be on the upswing instead of the downswing.  I just keep pointing to Boychuk.  If the B's hadn't brought in Derek Morris, maybe they would have been forced to give Boychuk a shot at the beginning of the year, instead of forcing him into the game only after injury.

Providence forwards have played a total of 28 NHL games over the past two years, and that includes 14 from Karsums.  Subtract him, and you have about one game a month over two seasons.  That's one of two things:  Your drafting is awful and your prospects stink, or you're mismanaging the development of the youth.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think your JB scenario might have been a disaster.  I think Boychuk's was a long, slow learning curve that pitched up in 2010 because practices were his games for 2009. 

I know you know the odds that Hamill is ready, and Recchi's a hedge against those odds and the shorter ones on Colborne, Caron, and Sauve.  Anyone expressing remorse over the loss of Kobasew shouldn't judge the Recchi signing too harshly.  Age is relative.  Chucky's body seems older than Mark's.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Does that make it to late to edit the comment to read about how I agree, and I don't look like an a$S
    Posted by rolerhoky19

it's ok roler . been there done that.