Thomas to ATL.?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

Thomas to ATL.?

Atlanta had 3 goalies 2 RFA and 1 UFA and one is sent to Dallas is Atl. thinking about picking our Tim Thomas because he has a contract and will get a starting role. So if Boston deals Thomas that means Boston can go after a back up FA goalie ie Biron or Rouloson both can get the job done if need be. The Bruins better get something done before the break for the new players can spend the two weeks to practice and gel together hey PC wake up time is running short. I'm thinking the Bruins ATL and Dallas are up to three team deal that will envolve Ryder,Thomas and Bitz or Sobotka.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

Re: Thomas to ATL.?

How about:
    Thomas (3 more years), a pick or prospect to Atl
    Hedburg (ufa) and Armstrong (ufa) to Bos.

Atlanta needs some salary to stay at the salary cap floor, and Waddell is big on Thomas. Gives us some grit up front and a proven goalie to back up Tuukka for the rest of the year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Atlanta is loaded with young talent (Kane, Bergfors, Little, etc.)  If the Bruins could get one of their young forwards, a backup goalie, and maybe a veteran defenseman in the deal for Thomas, then even I would do it.

Maybe:

Hedberg and Bergfors for Thomas
    Hedberg, Bergfors, and Kubina for Thomas and Wideman

I know both deals are HIGHLY unlikely, but they would be great for the Bruins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from flave36. Show flave36's posts

Thomas has a NTC any deal to a crappy team forget about it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

ATL wouldnt give up Bergfors since they jsut got him in the Kovy trade, would be a stupid move on their part. Thomas isnt going anywhere this season atleast, the team feels he will get his game back on track and will help them, plus thomas has the no trade so I doubt he would waive that to go to ATL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

In Response to Re: Thomas to ATL.?:
    Thomas has a NTC any deal to a crappy team forget about it.
    Posted by flave36

At least someone on these boards has a brain.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Why is LA looking at thomas when Quick is out playing him at this point?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

LA is not going to pay $5 million for a backup. LA has slow built this team and they are in a great spot, theyre not going to blow it on Tim Thomas. John Quick is much better and they have Johnathan Bernier up in Manchvegas.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Yeah, but if LA is looking for a back up to Quick as a rookie, why shop him, we have no goal tending depth behind rask, also a rookie...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

For next year, (2009}and for either two or three more years, Thomas will be on Boston's books for some $5 million a year. But because he has signed the deal before age 35, the Bruins have the safeguard -- that they would want to execute it -- to be able to buy him out at any time, cut their dollar commitment by one-third, and be able to spread the payments over twice the remaining term of the deal. It is a significant safeguard

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I think he is tradeable, i just can't see how the bruins can trade him with no viable back up options, and I dont think the return is super high... Once a player becomes nothing more then a salary dump for you, he's not all that valauble...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogsk8r. Show bogsk8r's posts

The B's made it clear that they are in a rebuilding year (offering out Ryder & Thomas).  Why patch a leaking boat when you can down size to a new one?  So, try and move Thomas and Ryder for 1st round draft pics, package those together and move up as far as you can.  Hall, Seguin (who I think is the best), Fowler, and Kabanov are all going to step right in to the NHL.  Can we get 2 of the top 3 picks?  Not Totally out of the question.  Free up some cap space for these youngsters!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

very simple ...TT is no no.1 goalie in the NHL until someone else steals his Vezina trophy

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

I don't think offering up Ryder means rebuilding bogsk8r, I think it just means getting rid of dead weight. If you can clear some salary while keeping the majority of your roster you can remain active in the free agent market but still have a solid team assembled.

I don't think Thomas will be traded, there have been no reports of serious offers or Thomas willing to waive his NMC. He'll stay on for this season, and maybe next as well. Everybody knows Rask is the future, and we're not going to deal Thomas while he's underperforming. Chiarelli doesn't want to get swindled and deal Thomas for peanuts because he doesn't have a trade value then watch him compete for another Vezina.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

No way Thomas waives his NMC to go to a struggling franchise that just traded the only hope they had of making the playoffs!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Hay, maybe they will trade Thomas to the Devils for Kovalchuk? The Devils know that Marty's time is winding down and Thomas is under contract for 3 more years!

AND, their team defense could make ANY goaltender great! (See: Clemmenson, Scott) He could be great there!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

"does anyone on this board have a brain quick has a worse save percentage and a worst goals against he has more wins because he plays on a team that scores a ton of goals. thomas is way better"

You are an absolute joker! Do you think that the Bruins perhaps play a better defensive system than the run n gun Kings? Take TT's SP and GAA all the way to the golf course come playoff time when he lets in a rebound of a soft wrister from the blue line. Tuukka is our only shot.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from canubthatdumb. Show canubthatdumb's posts

laughable

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from anddebbv. Show anddebbv's posts

does anyone on this board have a brain quick has a worse save percentage and a worst goals against he has more wins because he plays on a team that scores a ton of goals. thomas is way better. no la would not want thomas at this point and no thomas would not go to atlanta .
    Posted by bruinsking
    trade chara its seems like him an wideman are the 2 idiots  who cant defence the back end  thomas willbe # 1 again rask isnt that good  through a doggy bone fetch it rask

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

For next year, (2009}and for either two or three more years, Thomas will be on Boston's books for some $5 million a year. But because he has signed the deal before age 35, the Bruins have the safeguard -- that they would want to execute it -- to be able to buy him out at any time, cut their dollar commitment by one-third, and be able to spread the payments over twice the remaining term of the deal. It is a significant safeguard
    Posted by wallydouglas

Actually, it turns out that what is important is his age when the contract year starts, rather than when it is signed.  In this case, Thomas was 35 for the beginning of his current contract, so nothing short of a trade or career ending injury (as far as I am aware) will take his cap hit off of the books.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from deangee. Show deangee's posts

I would rather have a 52 year old Doug Keans than TT.  TT is swiss cheese.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

DrCC is right.

I hate that rule, but you can see how necessary it is.  I could see Lamouriello offering Kovalchuk and $150M - $15M for 7 years and $1M for the next 45 years - $2.9M cap hit.  Kovalchuk pockets the first $105M then retires.  Or they buy him out for a $334K/year Cap hit for the next 90 years and he signs a new deal.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

You sure CC, I thought that was the reason they signed him b4 he was 35, because it was better for the team?

I'm EVALUATING!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

You sure CC, I thought that was the reason they signed him b4 he was 35, because it was better for the team? I'm EVALUATING!!!
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

That's what was originally printed by the Globe.  Someone forgot to do their homework though.  I didn't believe it at first, and went so far as to dig through that tarpit that gets called the CBA to find it.  It was one of the few things that could be understood without re-reading it 10 times.