Time for PC to go??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

Time for PC to go??

Other than signing Savard and Krejci to reasonable contracts what has he done to help this team be in position to win? My answer is nothing, and with some of these contracts he's given out it will be atleast 3-4 seasons before the B's will be able to turn this around. He's not going to be able to get rid of some of the deadweight contracts, either because of NTC he gives away like lollipops with a boys regular, or other teams are going to want him to sweeten the deal to take them or they may counter with deadweight of their own either way its a no win. He also has done very little to build Providence as we have no goaltending prospects, very little prospects on D (McQuaid) and Forwards that dont seem to be panning out (Hamill) Hopefully Colbourne will be a real deal prospect but he is still 2-3 years away from the NHL. I'm sure i'm not the only one who isnt very optimistic on the future of the team. But maybe its not PC's fault maybe he's being told to do by ownership, time will tell, but for me this offseason will tell a big story as to the direction this team will be taking and for PC to make improvements, if they sit idle then I believe PC needs to go and he will have no one to blame but himself

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: Time for PC to go??

You have a good point but I seem to think the bad year they have had is over, I dont mean there better but i think there gonna get better for next year, Im seriously hoping he dumps a couple of deadbeats and signs a performer in the offseason, if he doesnt then im with you,,get rid of pc, but saying that its scary what he will do at the draft.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

I think you have to wait and see how this offseason pans out, including the draft and any trades he makes.

This was not a good year on many fronts, but he has a lot of assets and I think he deserves a chance to see how he plays them.

He gambled on the Kessel trade that the leafs would finish at or near the bottom of the league and he won, so you have to give him that.

The upcoming draft and offseason will define PC as a GM one way or the other

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

PC isn't going anywhere because he has a shiny new contract that Jacobs won't pay out for PC NOT to be GM.
    It scares me though, when he says silly things like Ference can fill the roll of a bottom pairing d-man on the same day he hands him a 2nd pairing contract.
    Because of the Ference contract, there is no way Stuart doesn't get at least a
    3M/yr deal.Where is that money going to come from?
    I know everyone says get rid of WIDEMAN & RYDER, but I don't think even Houdini could make those contracts disappear.
    If Savard cannot play next year, that frees up some money, but hopefully, that doesn't happen.
    The only tradeable contracts on this team,I believe are THOMAS & CHARA. and trading either, is a huge gamble. Trading TT would only free up about 2.5M because a decent backup (Dan Ellis ?) would need to be signed.
    That leaves moving Chara for a cheaper option (Kaberle ?). Should be an interesting summer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

The only situatioin to trade Wideman Ryder and Hunwick is package deal ie:

Wideman and second pick as reassurance to SJ for Clowe.

Ryder we can trade to Dallas for picks or prospects cause DAL cap will be healthy and Ryder can team up with old teammate Robiero they had good chemistry while playing in MTL

Thomas will be NTC and competition for a trade with Price because MTL will need to trade Price to have any chance of signing Plekanec and three teams interested in Thomas or Price will be Dallas Chicago or Philly these three teams will look at Thomas already having a reasonable contract and they will need to negoiate a contract to get Price to their organization.

Thomas and Hunwick or the 2nd pick to PHL for Carcillo(RFA) and Gagne because both cost is the same but the Bruins will have an advantage because Gagne contract is for one year only, i think it worth the chance to get Gagne for one year if he does pan out trade him at deadline for 2010 and resign Carcillo for same contract Hunwick has for 2 years

Chara it will be crazy to let him go unless we get something great in return but can't trade to a eastern team send him PHX,STL,LA or DAL for picks or prospects

The Bruins will have to resign Boychuk and Stuart we can't let them go even if means trading Chara if Chara is traded then we can also sign  Siedenberg
    Even pick Hnidy who will be UFA we don't need a fancy d just a solid working d

Our D line can be :

Boychuk Siedenberg
    Stuart Ference
    McQuaid  Hnidy maybe Fowler pending draft day and Penner

Our Forwards:

Bergeron  Savard   Gagne
    Sturm Krejci Clowe
    Lucic Sobotka(resign) Carcillo
    Paille(resign 1 year) Begin (resign1 year) Caron or who ever proves themselves during training camp and exhibition

Rask and go out sign a reasonable back up it is time for Rask to take the number one spot the playoffs will be his test.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

In Response to Re: Time for PC to go??:
    oh stop!!! after all the craziness that has gone on this year, we are only 5 point out of the 5th spot...and we are 3-0 vs Buffalo this year who is 12 points ahead of the Bruins....Wash, Pitt, NJ all have built their teams through the Draft....PC over the past few years is doing this...and looks like we will get a Lottery pick this year.... Sure hes made some mistakes with Thomas & maybe overpaying Lucic, Ryder, but look at team like Montreal, NyRangers, Philly have far worse contracts than we have....they got guys locked up for 6-7-8 years at far higher Cap hits than Wideman, Ryder, Thomas....atleast our guys are tradeable with lower contracts....And we can get out of the Thomas contract if he realizes hes just not going to be a starter here anymore..... There are far worse GMs out there, and probably only NJ, Wash, Pitt have the best GMs in the game since they are consistently doing well each and every year.....Wash & Pitt are only great because they got lucky in the draft and you have to finish at the bottom to do so like Pitt and Wash did in the early 2000s.... I think PC has done a serviceable job compared to a lot of teams...We need to keep building from the draft and PC has put us in a situation to get a Lottery pick plus tons of other early round picks to build from...thats what Washington and Pitt has done.....and if we get lucky, we can do the same...
    Posted by morphosis1974

Hey Morph, what tradeable contracts are you referring to? They all have no trade/movement clauses. If PC didnt handcuff himself with these NTC's and high contracts then he could have possibly done something to improve this teams offense at the trade deadline. He had no cap room to make any moves except to swap parts, and thats basically what the morris trade allowed him to do was swap parts, and all he got was a 4th rd in return and then gave up a 2nd for seid's who is a rental. That isnt going to help build through the draft. Vancouver gave up a 3rd rd for Alberts, dont you think Morris is better than Alberts? What has he done that has actually helped build this team now and for the future? Yes he has the almighty 1st rd pick from Toronto and other draft picks that may yield something but that doesnt help now. I dont compare PC to other GM's I go by what I see him do here, and overpaying for mediocre talent is just not acceptable to me and shouldnt be to the fans

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogojuicer. Show gogojuicer's posts

The only good news is that if someone took Jason Blake's contract, there may be a fish who would take Ryder and Wideman's. Only problem is that Chiarelli is no Brian Burke.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Time for PC to go?? : Hey Morph, what tradeable contracts are you referring to? They all have no trade/movement clauses. If PC didnt handcuff himself with these NTC's and high contracts then he could have possibly done something to improve this teams offense at the trade deadline. He had no cap room to make any moves except to swap parts, and thats basically what the morris trade allowed him to do was swap parts, and all he got was a 4th rd in return and then gave up a 2nd for seid's who is a rental. That isnt going to help build through the draft. Vancouver gave up a 3rd rd for Alberts, dont you think Morris is better than Alberts? What has he done that has actually helped build this team now and for the future? Yes he has the almighty 1st rd pick from Toronto and other draft picks that may yield something but that doesnt help now. I dont compare PC to other GM's I go by what I see him do here, and overpaying for mediocre talent is just not acceptable to me and shouldnt be to the fans
    Posted by moogfan35

Have you ever seen a guy with a NTC get traded?Of course you have.All a NTC does is give a player a say in where he goes.No trade clause's won't guarantee no trades.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

The only situatioin to trade Wideman Ryder and Hunwick is package deal ie: Wideman and second pick as reassurance to SJ for Clowe. Ryder we can trade to Dallas for picks or prospects cause DAL cap will be healthy and Ryder can team up with old teammate Robiero they had good chemistry while playing in MTL Thomas will be NTC and competition for a trade with Price because MTL will need to trade Price to have any chance of signing Plekanec and three teams interested in Thomas or Price will be Dallas Chicago or Philly these three teams will look at Thomas already having a reasonable contract and they will need to negoiate a contract to get Price to their organization. Thomas and Hunwick or the 2nd pick to PHL for Carcillo(RFA) and Gagne because both cost is the same but the Bruins will have an advantage because Gagne contract is for one year only, i think it worth the chance to get Gagne for one year if he does pan out trade him at deadline for 2010 and resign Carcillo for same contract Hunwick has for 2 years Chara it will be crazy to let him go unless we get something great in return but can't trade to a eastern team send him PHX,STL,LA or DAL for picks or prospects The Bruins will have to resign Boychuk and Stuart we can't let them go even if means trading Chara if Chara is traded then we can also sign  Siedenberg Even pick Hnidy who will be UFA we don't need a fancy d just a solid working d Our D line can be : Boychuk Siedenberg Stuart Ference McQuaid  Hnidy maybe Fowler pending draft day and Penner Our Forwards: Bergeron  Savard   Gagne Sturm Krejci Clowe Lucic Sobotka(resign) Carcillo Paille(resign 1 year) Begin (resign1 year) Caron or who ever proves themselves during training camp and exhibition Rask and go out sign a reasonable back up it is time for Rask to take the number one spot the playoffs will be his test.
    Posted by Canbostondoit

You lost your mind!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scotland19. Show scotland19's posts

The only good news is that if someone took Jason Blake's contract, there may be a fish who would take Ryder and Wideman's. Only problem is that Chiarelli is no Brian Burke.
    Posted by gogojuicer

What about John Ferguson Sutter?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

I think you have to wait and see how this offseason pans out, including the draft and any trades he makes. This was not a good year on many fronts, but he has a lot of assets and I think he deserves a chance to see how he plays them. He gambled on the Kessel trade that the leafs would finish at or near the bottom of the league and he won, so you have to give him that. The upcoming draft and offseason will define PC as a GM one way or the other
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

yes , we do have to wait and see but keep in mind this yr has been virtually sacrificed if compared to last yr.
    He didnt gamble with kess trade he was cornered. Pc himself  said he was hoping for a top 10 pick and that it was a deep draft this yr and also mentioned it was a good draft next yr which is not the case,
    make no mistake pc got lucky with kess trade, he smart enough to realize that that pick (s)_ will ultimately define his faith.

If he fails with those pix then he will never be a gm again. It is hard to say what the future holds right now, the immediate future i.e next yr and the one following is going to be tough. the reason being dumping the deadweight will be very hard if not impossible.

Chia has clearly made mistakes , mistakes that in the real world , if a pres of a corporation makes he will be fired. My main issue with pc has been his lack of vision . It's one thing trading kess but feeling we would be fine and some player(s) would replace him adequately is absurd. I , along with other fans saw this coming he should have too. fans are not paid obviously, he is the pro not us .

Now, in my estimation our hopes rely greatly on RASK, i have said this for months. If we are going to win a series Rask will have to be huge.

Look, Chia is a smart man he is a harvard grad, but thisdoes not make him a shrewd and brilliant gm. he is learning on the job. This is not acceptable at the nhl level, in the minors , no problem but not at the nhl level. I think that
    if we need to point fingers once again , point no further then the jacobs,

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

In Response to Re: Time for PC to go?? : Have you ever seen a guy with a NTC get traded?Of course you have.All a NTC does is give a player a say in where he goes.No trade clause's won't guarantee no trades.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Yes have seen it, just harder to pull off

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Brian Burke???? Top GM????  You gotta be kidding!!!!!  Toronto will be in the basement for a long while yet....INJURIES F&*ked the Bruins this season, NOT PC!!!  I don't agree on every move he has made but not a bad job overall in my opinion. You guys are correct in saying that the upcoming draft will really show what he has planned for the future...you can THANK the almighty Burke for that!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Dezaruchi..
    No trade clauses can be impossible to move, a lot of players have limited no trade clauses.. if the ntc is flat out your not moving the guy unless he wants to go..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Brian Burke???? Top GM????  You gotta be kidding!!!!!  Toronto will be in the basement for a long while yet....INJURIES F&*ked the Bruins this season, NOT PC!!!  I don't agree on every move he has made but not a bad job overall in my opinion. You guys are correct in saying that the upcoming draft will really show what he has planned for the future...you can THANK the almighty Burke for that!!!!!
    Posted by scottm50

Jury is out on Burke and the impact he'll have on Toronto.  He inherited a train wreck and moves to acquire a goal-scorer in Kessel (didn't have anything close to that prior) and a top Defencement (Phaneuf) for a bunch of under-achieving/mediocre UFA/RFA were great moves, not to mention unloading Toskala and Blake contracts.  Bozak was a good signing and Kadri a good pick last year.
    I don't think the Leafs will make the playoffs next year, but they will be a lot more competitive.  He's still looking to make a lot more moves before then.

He's won a Stanley Cup in Aneheim and had a lot of success in Vancouver prior to that (including drafting BOTH Sedins in the same draft).  He also picked the US Olympic team that almost won the Gold.  

He's not the best GM out there, but I think he's done pretty good so far.

I also think PC has done pretty well so far with Boston but this summer will make or break his legacy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

Posted by scottm50

Scott,
     I agree with you that injuries have played a part in the way the season has unfolded and no one can predict those, but it is the GM's job to have enough depth in the organization that can step in an help when these injuries come up, this is where I feel PC has faltered, do you really want Whitfield coming up everytime there is an injury?  Some of the other guys that have come up have shown flashes that they can contribute at the NHL level but they are all the same type of players, they are all grinders or 3rd 4th line guys no scorers, do you find this acceptable? Hamill is supposed to be our top offensive prospect and he still hasnt shown that he is close to being NHL ready. This is part of PC's job to make sure he has pieces in place for times like this season. He has been here 3 years now, enough time to make a difference in the franchise, and the only thing I am seeing is terrible contracts and marginal players being signed. I give him props for locking up some of the young guys, Krejci, Lucic, Rask, Hunwick and the Savy signing was great. But the Thomas contract wasnt the best and neither was Ryder, or Wideman. So Im seeing many more negatives than positives in this team right now

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

In Response to Re: Time for PC to go?? : Jury is out on Burke and the impact he'll have on Toronto.  He inherited a train wreck and moves to acquire a goal-scorer in Kessel (didn't have anything close to that prior) and a top Defencement (Phaneuf) for a bunch of under-achieving/mediocre UFA/RFA were great moves, not to mention unloading Toskala and Blake contracts.  Bozak was a good signing and Kadri a good pick last year. I don't think the Leafs will make the playoffs next year, but they will be a lot more competitive.  He's still looking to make a lot more moves before then. He's won a Stanley Cup in Aneheim and had a lot of success in Vancouver prior to that (including drafting BOTH Sedins in the same draft).  He also picked the US Olympic team that almost won the Gold.   He's not the best GM out there, but I think he's done pretty good so far. I also think PC has done pretty well so far with Boston but this summer will make or break his legacy.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

I personally do not like burke, he has this constant smirk on his face like he thinks he's the guru of gm's.
    however he's done a good job in anaheim, yes one might argue he inherited murray's team but he did get pronger and also did a good job in vancoeuver.
    Now, in toronto let's see what he does, ido admire his agressive approach.some say he's overrated but this guy is no dummy.

i think he will do well in toronto, no cup for long , he will however make them competitive. Next yr will also be very determing for him. he must make playoffs next yr.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

I think Burke has made some mistakes that will set the Leafs back for a few more years to come and my guess is he and Wilson won't be around once things turn for the better in TO.  The media in TO hasn't really done it yet (seem to be giving Burke the pass this year) but if the Leafs stumble again next year...the heat will get turned up to "High".  The Kessel deal would be fine had Burke not paid him what he did.  Too much for this kind of player.  Sure he lost some salary in those other deals but people seem to forget he brought allot of $ back too.  Giggy is a solid backup (days of starting on a good team are over) and he will be paid $7 million next year!!  Dion is locked into more money than he should get and god bless the Leafs if they make this loud mouth donkey captain.  I still don't think the Dion trade was a sure win for the Leafs.  The Flames got 3 quality players and none of them are head cases like Dion.  The Flames got out from their mistake (signing him to that money) and now the Leafs are on the hook for Dions contract which goes to 2015!!!  It scales down a bit but if this guy continues to be a dressing room posion good luck living with him or trying to get rid of him.  His own teammates in TO have already started to comment on how he struts around the dressing room and never shuts up (Mitchell diplomatically on the Fan590).  His act will wear thin just like it did in Calgary.

The Leafs have some RFA to sign and won't have any cap room to bring in anything relevant on the UFA front.  Komisarek is getting $6 mill next year and is no better than a #4 or #5 guy and a weak Leaf team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

I will give him credit for the Recchi trade, tha was an excellent trade.  Got rid of some busted dead weight prospects for Reechi and a fairly high 2nd rounder.  The Kessel trade has worked out well also.  But I cant agree with much else PC has done. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

I for one would like to see JC gone before PC...i think the players that are here have alot more talent then is bein played ....JC,s demand of the players to be accountable defensively has stifled the real talent that can be brought out of these guys especially the younger core....to put a harness on lucic,the spirit & emotion that he can bring out in a team has not done anything for his progress....the same can be said for wheeler,krecji etc....chara as a shutdown D & only as a shutdown D has hurt his game...the only players that have risen above their true level is bergeron & rask....i think with the right coach that can take each individual talents & blend each one into a cohesive unit the true talent of this team would rise....JC plays the game tight & just a bounce of the puck determines wins or loses....the players are demanded to play a tight,defensive responsible,in control game...do you really see a difference in talent level from the 4th liners to the 1st liners? is there a difference in the talent level in your #1 d man to your #6? luckily charas shutdown abilities stand out....if the harnesses were off & the B,s played a fast paced,on your toes,puck possession game as they did the beginning of last year this team would prosper & so would the individual level of talent 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

In Response to Time for PC to go?? : Posted by moogfan35
    Fire Claude Jullien and insert Mike Millbury and start coaching these Players to play some old time Bruins Hockey. If PC still cannot acquire Players that Millbury needs after next year, get rid of PC and insert Assistant GM Cam Neely. Enough with this mediocre Hockey, PC and Jullien pass off as Bruins Hockey. Jacobs has to put people in place that will move this Team forward back to prominence. Then again Jacobs could "Sell" the Team to someone who actually wants to return the Stanley Cup to Boston instead of fleecing the most loyal and greatest fans in Hockey year after year. One can only dream..........
    Posted by JokerLivininVA[/QUOTE]

Didn't Mike Milbury draft DiPietro when he already had Luongo in goal? I wouldn't trust him to run my rotisserie league team.