Tkachuk or Kariya?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: Tkachuk or Kariya?

Well the thread was started with a realistic expectation of who can come on late as Recchi did and really provide some value..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

"Wow Bookboy007, how about reading more closely.  I said they should give up maybe ONE OR TWO 2nd ROUNDERS and Hamill.  And I was using his draft position/career as a whole to simply say that maybe Nashville might want to give him up."

Really? That's your complaint?  That I mis-read "1 or 2 2nd rounders and Hamill" as "1st or 2 2nd rounders and Hamill"?  Because I think that's much less germane to the argument than your suggestion that the one team whose radar has been attuned to Hornqvist would dump him just because he was a late-round pick and didn't come over from Europe until he was 20. Brought up Zetterberg and Datsyuk because they're the poster boys for late-round picks who developed into superstars - something every team wants and no team would give up mid-development for ... one or two second round picks and a near-bust former first round pick.  If you think my argument is going to change because you didn't go as far as including a first round pick, you're not reading at all.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Walt!  There you go, matty, thinking outside the box.

Did someone actually suggest that being closer to Flint is a positive?  For anyone?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Hornqvist isn't going anywhere, Nashville has nearly as bad of an offense as we do, and even if Hornqvist only scored as high as 25 goals a season he's still worth it for them to keep.
    Now that I've cleared that up, I think Kariya would be the best bet for us. His speed is still excellent and speed is something we lack now that Kessel is gone. Kariya still has skills, and could benefit greatly from playing with somebody like Savard. Whitney is too old to sign for a 3 year extension (what he's willing to waive his NTC for), and he would be too expensive. Tkachuk wouldn't be a bad fit either because of his size, but we need scoring more than anything. Maybe Ryder and a 4th rounder for Kariya, they would save a prorated portion of the $2 million more Kariya's cap hit goes for this season compared to Ryder's.
    I think they should also go after Peter Mueller. He has the talent, size and potential but needs to put all 3 together to be the player worthy of an 8th overall pick. Maybe Hamill and/ or Mikko Lehtonen for Mueller. I like Mueller and I think he's worth taking a risk on, but he's not worth overpaying in a trade because of the risk involved.
    We may end up doing nothing at all because Chiarelli doesn't want to be the stereotypical GM who overpays at the deadline for the quick fix, but I'd rather see nothing happen then an overpayment for a rental player.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I agree Joe, I think the rentals probably aren't enough at this time, and most of the guys we would have to part with for an impact player arent worth it..The players other teams want, are the young guys worth keeping around...Recchi would ahve some value to other teams, but Ryder (i think) has another year after this left and really hasnt done much, as does Sturm...

I think Lehotonen, and Marchand, Colborne are the prospect opposing teams would want, I dont think hamil gets us anything out side of underdeveloping prospect for underdeveloping prospect (worked out great for chicago in versteeg though)

Not to mention the draft picks every GM knows were loaded up with...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

In Response to Re: Tkachuk or Kariya?:
    Walt!  There you go, matty, thinking outside the box. Did someone actually suggest that being closer to Flint is a positive?  For anyone?
    Posted by Bookboy007

LOL No he might not go to Chicago to be closer to Flint Mi, but he would go to Chicago for a chance to win the cup on a dynamic offensive team!!!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to Re: Tkachuk or Kariya?:
    In Response to Re: Tkachuk or Kariya? : LOL No he might not go to Chicago to be closer to Flint Mi, but he would go to Chicago for a chance to win the cup on a dynamic offensive team!!!!!!!!
    Posted by notacryingwino

Ouch.

B's should save the second rounders and trade up to get three 1st round picks.  That would just be rediculous.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jenken14. Show jenken14's posts

I would take Kariya he is still a very fast skater with some good hands. I think he would play very well with Savard at least better than what Savard is playing with now. Even though every one is down on Lucic I think that the line off Kariya,Savard and Lucic would be allot like the Kessel,savard and Lucic line and we Know how that looked.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

To many injuries this season.  Savard's got a partial MCL, Krejci's got a secret leg, Lucic has an ankle, Ference has a groin, Bitzy has a back, Ryder doesn't try..  I love this team, but it's just too bang'd up to think it can sustain any kind of deep playoff run.  Not to mention, we have no offensive weapons.

I say at best, we play spoiler to a top seed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from canubthatdumb. Show canubthatdumb's posts

chicago is a good team