Trade time?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Trade time?

It's probably too early to discuss a trade. That said, one I wouldn't hate seeing would be Ryder and Marchand for Loupal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Re: Trade time?

I have tried to be patient and didn't jump on the hater bandwagon.  However, the last couple of games has convinced me that some of the B's are not close to turn it around.

After going to the last 3 home games, i've come to the conclusion that Sturm's bad play is more than just a slow recovery from injury.  He is unwilling to go into the danger areas and work in traffic.  He can skate fast but i don't see him scoring much unless more shots go in off of him.

Recchi- think his skills have regressed and he shouldn't be in the NHL.  I can't count the amount of times he's had the puck in front of the net and passed the puck.  He is not playing with much confidence.  I like him, but i think the game has passed him by.

Wideman-tough call.  Has loads of talent, but is playing very poorly.  Every game is the same for him-many blunders and bad decisions in his own end.  He should be much better than this.  He should be a top talent in the LEAGUE with all his skill.  Instead, he will be lucky to remain on the team much longer.

Ryder-  deadly shot, but takes him WAY too long to get it off.  When given time, he could be deadly but this is the NHL- his release has to speed up.  His line is playing better, but his production is way too low at this point. 

Shawn Thornton- people love him because of his energy and fighting ability.  However, he has little skill and the B's could get a tough guy with better scoring touch.  Did anyone see that 2nd goal in the Pitt game Sat?  Bunny pass right by him and leads to goal.  This guy has no hands and is not helping the team win games.  Energy?  Hasn't equalled production offensively or defensively.  Either move him or cut those minutes way down.

It is not panic time, but these guys are not helping the team.  Trades could be in the future soon and look for one or more of these guys to get moved.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

If your first three lines are doing their jobs it doesn't matter if your fourth line scores. Thorntons job is to keep the other team honest. When you compare him to other enforcers and goons he is an effective scorer. Take a look at Brashear, Laraque, Orr, Carcillo, Cote... and compare them to Thornton. He had more goals than any of them last year, and at a lot less than a couple of those guys are being paid. He also did it without being a defensive liability. If I were Chia I'd resign Thornton now, with a raise and get on with it.

Sturm & Ryder both need to get their heads out of their backsides, and Recchi should just retire, he's not up to it anymore.

In Response to Re: Trade time?:
    [QUOTE]I have tried to be patient and didn't jump on the hater bandwagon.  However, the last couple of games has convinced me that some of the B's are not close to turn it around. After going to the last 3 home games, i've come to the conclusion that Sturm's bad play is more than just a slow recovery from injury.  He is unwilling to go into the danger areas and work in traffic.  He can skate fast but i don't see him scoring much unless more shots go in off of him. Recchi- think his skills have regressed and he shouldn't be in the NHL.  I can't count the amount of times he's had the puck in front of the net and passed the puck.  He is not playing with much confidence.  I like him, but i think the game has passed him by. Wideman-tough call.  Has loads of talent, but is playing very poorly.  Every game is the same for him-many blunders and bad decisions in his own end.  He should be much better than this.  He should be a top talent in the LEAGUE with all his skill.  Instead, he will be lucky to remain on the team much longer. Ryder-  deadly shot, but takes him WAY too long to get it off.  When given time, he could be deadly but this is the NHL- his release has to speed up.  His line is playing better, but his production is way too low at this point.  Shawn Thornton- people love him because of his energy and fighting ability.  However, he has little skill and the B's could get a tough guy with better scoring touch.  Did anyone see that 2nd goal in the Pitt game Sat?  Bunny pass right by him and leads to goal.  This guy has no hands and is not helping the team win games.  Energy?  Hasn't equalled production offensively or defensively.  Either move him or cut those minutes way down. It is not panic time, but these guys are not helping the team.  Trades could be in the future soon and look for one or more of these guys to get moved.
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddd112273. Show ddd112273's posts

I think that the time has come to start looking for a goal scorer. I bleed black and gold and watching these guys, especially after last year, is slowly bleeding me dry. Did I expect too much? I do not think so. I knew that they were not going to put 116 again but I did expect them to be the top in the NE. When the fourth line has gotten most of the praise so far it is definitly not a good sign of things to come.
    One thing PC could do is finish in the very bottom and have Tronto there with us so that we could have 2 picks in the top 5.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFaninOntario. Show BruinsFaninOntario's posts

[QUOTE]i'D TRADE THE ENTIRE F#@KING TEAM THEY ALL STINK!!!!!
    Posted by imafan[/QUOTE]

imafan, how do you manage to maintain your positive outlook all the time?

Then again, after the way thay've played the first 20 games, I'm starting to think that they're closer to what you've been saying all along than to what I thought.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

When your #4 banger line is consistently you're best line game after game that is NOT a good thing.

That's what the B's have "going for them" right now, and it's scary. But they won't get diddly in a trade now b/c teams know they're dealing from a position of weakness. They'll wait and see what happens when looch and savvy get back...then the break for Olympics...then the slow ugly slog toward the end of the year when they're fighting just to make the playoffs they'll pull the trigger on a truly awful deal b/c they'll be scared of not making the playoffs.

and even if they do they'll be gone in round 1.

'Course, those of us who called ALL OF THIS BEFORE THE SEASON EVEN STARTED b/c the team did nothing to upgrade and got worse by losing their best goal scorer had to sit around and take it from the Bizarro-world "fans" who just KNEW everyone would do even BETTER than last year....just KNEW Sturm would replace PK's goals even tho' he's coming off major surgery, just KNEW Lucic was gonna finally have that Cam Neely break-out year (zero goals b4 the injury, btw), and just KNEW that a 2nd round KO against Carolina the year before could only result in a Stanley Cup the following year.

it's sickening, it really is, to have to listen to people who refuse to look at the reality of this franchise--even with decades of failure staring them in the face--get indignant about people who are fed up and simply call it what it is: More of the same from what is undisputably one of the worst-run franchises in all of organized sport.

But go ahead and tell me how Vladimir Sobotka can really make a difference if he'll just get a regular shift with Daniel Paille.

Un-freaking-believable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Hey- TryToBearIt

You forgot to mention how we have the best set of forwards in the entire NHL, and the Bruins ability to "roll 4 lines"Laughing

(I like Vlad, cause he's one of the only guys with ballz-which we are in desperate need of-you know,like Kobasew had)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Be fair TryToBearIt:  if the players on the team were playing as well as last year they would be much better off than they currently are, even with Sturm lost on the ice.  Not many people were expecting everyone to improve.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Erik Cole (Carolina) ?
    David Backes (St-Louis) ?
    Ryan Clowe (San Jose) ?

The hard part is making a deal without dealing one of those sweet 1st rounders.  But who is gonna take one of our problems?  Maybe Marco Sturm... maybe.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brianamoro. Show brianamoro's posts

well, it looks especially bad now but they are missing their entire 1st line from last year, however this team really seems to lack quickness and skill right now, lucic and savard will make a difference but i dont know how they will replace Kessel. by the way why do the bruins have a habit of trading their best players recently, Thornton, Kessel???? if they were on the team still the B's would be pretty good

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

if thornton were on the team we wouldn't have savard or chara

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeantownBDH. Show BeantownBDH's posts

I don't know if it is coincidence, but the Bruins couldn't score in 07-08 that efficiently either. And Marco Sturm was in the line up. He gets hurt, and yeah there are a few faces missing from this season, but other than Phil, talent wise seems the voids have been filled for the most part. Anyways, now Sturm is back, and it seems that they are right back to their old ways. Coincidence, maybe. I still don't think him or Recchi should be on the first line. I mean c'mon, give Bergeron something to work with. He's got a plug on the left and right. If I were Claude I'd put em' on the third line and see if they wake up there. Of course that's assuming Looch isn't back Thursday. And even he better elevate his play.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah right! Before the Red Sox got the current Henry run ownership they were better run than the Bruins!? OK yah The Toronto Maple Leafs are a better run organization than the Boston Bruins ? Never heard of Harold Ballard eh ?

The Detroit Lions are a better run organization than the Boston Bruins is that what i'm supposed to believe ? This years Bruins are 1-2 players away from going deep into the playoffs. There will be sellers and Chiarelli has the picks, prospects and plenty of teams whom would love to trade bad contracts (Wideman and Ryder).

Yah the Bruins are 8 points away from the top spot in the Eastern Conference but I'm supposed to believe that they'll be fighting for a playoff spot after they trade for a sniper. Gotta love more and more misinformation posted on this board comical. Uh Oh I hear Marco100 stumbling in to add more misinformation!

UNFREAKING BELIEVABLE!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazybsfan04. Show crazybsfan04's posts

[QUOTE]well, it looks especially bad now but they are missing their entire 1st line from last year, however this team really seems to lack quickness and skill right now, lucic and savard will make a difference but i dont know how they will replace Kessel. by the way why do the bruins have a habit of trading their best players recently, Thornton, Kessel???? if they were on the team still the B's would be pretty good
    Posted by brianamoro[/QUOTE]
    ummmm..... news flash here pal kessel was far, far, far from the bruins best player at any point, of anytime, of any season and right now i'm hoping so badly, that toronto finishes dead last in the entire nhl so that the bruins would wind up with taylor hall.1st overall pick.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

[QUOTE]well, it looks especially bad now but they are missing their entire 1st line from last year, however this team really seems to lack quickness and skill right now,
    I don't even think it's quickness and skill. It's just old fashioned drive. They can't put together 60 good minutes. Most teams in the league are either a first and third period dominant team or a second period team. Last year the B's put a lot of full games together but were mostly first and third period team. This year it's like they don't dominate any period much. They go in spurts of ten minutes and pile up shots from the periphery. They don't crash the net. They don't create enough traffic for their point men and they don't pay the price physically. There is not one positive hockey cliche that they embrace. We know they can. It's all there. We saw it last season. Someone's gotta step forward and lead these underachievers out of the wilderness. Hopefully it will come from within the organization. Otherwise... Shane Doan anyone?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

I wouldn't consider Thorton one of our best players either....Great in the regular season...DUD in the playoffs.  No heart!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Shane Doan, Nathan Horton are expensive but David Perron or David Backes would be a better cap fit.  Too early nonetheless.  I have a tendency to think the moves may come before the Olympic break rather than after.  The current Bruins malaise the fans are now experiencing needs to end.  If not, by the time we get to February the trade scenario will be more evident.  One thing for sure the pressure on Savard and Lucic to perform miracles may indeed be too much! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JefffromMaine. Show JefffromMaine's posts

[QUOTE]well, it looks especially bad now but they are missing their entire 1st line from last year, however this team really seems to lack quickness and skill right now, lucic and savard will make a difference but i dont know how they will replace Kessel. by the way why do the bruins have a habit of trading their best players recently, Thornton, Kessel???? if they were on the team still the B's would be pretty good
    The fact that you called Phil Kessel the best player on the team shows your ignorance.

Gee, I thought that your best players were generally your hardest workers!

You know, the ones who know where the weight room is....the ones whose BMI does NOT increase from their rookie year!

The ones who know where the own end is.

Hey....how are the Leafs doing?  They locked up an albatross to a ridiculous contract that he earned by scoring 66 goals in 3 seasons.

Thats right....66 goals in 3 seasons.

Thats a Hall o' Famer right there!

Watch Phil score 35-40 per year, while pulling in 5 mil + per season.....all the while, his teams will NEVER win, because he will continually avoid taking hits, even if it means foregoing a chance to get a teammate a scoring chance.

Kid cant pass, cant hit, wont TAKE a hit, doesnt buy into team philosophy, wont go to the weight room, wouldnt talk to his teammates.

But heck, he was the best player here!

Man, some of you are morons.

Later