Trading Bergeron is not far fetched

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD. Show NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD's posts

Trading Bergeron is not far fetched

Listen, I love the guy and he could be our smartest offensive player. But he needs a contract extension and he'll want some pretty good dough (5-5.5 mill per year?). With Savard and Krejci locked up, do you want to pay a player that kind of money to be a third line center? I wouldn't. Also,trading him could provide benefits for us cap-wise.

You could:

Trade Bergeron and #2 to the Oilers for #1 pick and Andrew Coligano (saves up about 4 mill for us)

Draft Hall

Buy out Ryder's Contract (saves about 1.5 mill)

Sign Ray Whitney to a 2 year deal worth about 8 million (4 mill per year)

Hall-Savard-Whitney
    Sturm-Krejci-Recchi
    Lucic-Coligano-Paille (believe we resign Paille)
    Thornton-Hamill-Begin

COMMENT TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Trading Bergeron is not far fetched

Here is your comment:

Edmonton wouldn't accept the offer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

yes, trade the only Bruin who can adequately play: 
    1. both ways
    2. and win faceoffs
    3. and make passes
    4. and forecheck
    5. and skate
    6. and score a little
    ...makes perfect sense. trade him and the team automatically improves...brilliant thread starter!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Of course, this made as much as sense as re-signing Shawn of the Dead Thornton, who has clearly turned into a weak excuse for an enforcer, and an even weaker excuse of a fore-checker...And that was done by the GM, not a random opinion of a poster here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Trading Bergeron is not far fetched:
    yes, trade the only Bruin who can adequately play:  1. both ways 2. and win faceoffs 3. and make passes 4. and forecheck 5. and skate 6. and score a little ...makes perfect sense. trade him and the team automatically improves...brilliant thread starter!!!!!
    Posted by dannycater

Bergeron may be our best two-way player and faceoff guy but he is definitely not our best passer, skater or scorer.  I don't necessarily agree with this trade scenario but trading one of our centermen has to be an option that PC is considering.  It would have to be the right deal though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

I would definitely not want to see Bergeron traded, but the fact is that it really looks like PC is going to have to move one of the big contracts to make things fit.

Doesn't have to be Bergeron, but the fact is that it could be.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD. Show NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD's posts

heres my comment: Ray Whitney....4 million a year.....BAHAHAHAHHAHAH
    Posted by pbergeron37

Hey pbergeron, ever watch the guy play?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

In Response to Re: Trading Bergeron is not far fetched : Hey pbergeron, ever watch the guy play?
    Posted by NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD

I think he's a great player and fun to watch, but ican't see him getting 2 years $8 million.. although stranger things have happened.  I see him signing a one year 3.75 mill or 2 year 6 mill with LA. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Trading Bergeron is not far fetched:
    Listen, I love the guy and he could be our smartest offensive player. But he needs a contract extension and he'll want some pretty good dough (5-5.5 mill per year?). With Savard and Krejci locked up, do you want to pay a player that kind of money to be a third line center? I wouldn't. Also,trading him could provide benefits for us cap-wise. You could: Trade Bergeron and #2 to the Oilers for #1 pick and Andrew Coligano (saves up about 4 mill for us) Draft Hall Buy out Ryder's Contract (saves about 1.5 mill) Sign Ray Whitney to a 2 year deal worth about 8 million (4 mill per year) Hall-Savard-Whitney Sturm-Krejci-Recchi Lucic-Coligano-Paille (believe we resign Paille) Thornton-Hamill-Begin COMMENT TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS
    Posted by NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD

It sure isn't easy to voice an opinion with this bunch of A-holes is it?   I think you are way off with this idea, but I'm going to say it with class, unlike half the posters in this group.   
    Bergeron is worth too much to this team to trade.  He will be extended.   Ryder will go, to a offence starved team with cap space (Toronto?) and the B's will toss in a prospect or two and/or draft picks in exchange for, well, basically nothing.  The B's only have depth at center IF Seguin is drafted and lives up to his billing (2-3 years), Savard returns to form, Krejci can play a season without getting hurt, and Bergeron does what he has been doing the last 2 years, and before he got hurt.  Bergy is the closest to a sure thing in the line-up.  He stays, period.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

I personally would rather see Bergeron just moved to right wing.  He can still take the face-off, then just move to the wing. 

I don't see this happenign next season, but the year after, colborne should eb ready to make the team and take over as a top 3 center, plus there likely will be  a void on the wing with Sturm, Ryder, Recchi's, ect.. all gone after next season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I never said anything bad about the thread starter, just that the B's need 9 Patrice Bergerons, not none.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Whitney is a 25 goal scorer who just turned 38.  No one is giving him $8M/2.  He'll be lucky to get $6M/2.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Bergeron if not traded, will resign an extension at less money because he will want to stay here.