TSN's Darren Dreger reports Bruins may turn their attention to...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from geez77. Show geez77's posts

TSN's Darren Dreger reports Bruins may turn their attention to...

swapping savard for kaberle! i don't know about this one, especially if it means reuniting kessel and savard in the division. savard is damaged goods now though and he is highly overpriced. interesting week coming up

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Re: TSN's Darren Dreger reports Bruins may turn their attention to...

I just think Kaberle is getting on the older side...still has skills, but for how long? Is it really worth trading Savard to get him?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Darren Dreger is an idiot..and a Burke hind licker! Do you really think that PC would do business with Burke after last seasons fiasco during the draft and the Kessel manouvering that Burke and Kessels agent did to Chiarelli?  Not a chance !!

Not happening!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

In Response to Re: TSN's Darren Dreger reports Bruins may turn their attention to...:
    Darren Dreger is an idiot..and a Burke hind licker! Do you really think that PC would do business with Burke after last seasons fiasco during the draft and the Kessel manouvering that Burke and Kessels agent did to Chiarelli?  Not a chance !! Not happening!!
    Posted by cowboys9

Darren is one of the most reliable analyst / reporters in the Hockey market. He's not an idiot, and unlike many, he usually gets his facts right.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

First: 4/21/2008
    Last: 6/22/2010
    Darren Dreger is an idiot..and a Burke hind licker! Do you really think that PC would do business with Burke after last seasons fiasco during the draft and the Kessel manouvering that Burke and Kessels agent did to Chiarelli?  Not a chance !!

Your comments lack any logic--- WHY THE HECK WOULD"NT HE WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH BURKE AFTER DEALING WITH HIM LAST YEAR?  TWO First round Picks and a 2nd for Kessel--- I hope he has Burke on speed dial!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Maybe idiot was out of line but this guy is no Bob Mckenzie .. I am just tired of him beating the Kaberle drum since the trade deadline and trying to put him in a Bruins uniform..and that he would fetch a first round draft pick.. now Savard , not a chance..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Darren Dregger on Twitter isn't saying Kaberle to Boston is definite.

"No talk yet between Bruins and Leafs, with Wideman traded how long before Kaberle to Boston discussions start? Some say Savard is available".

Doesn't sound like a definite thing to me. Not sure what he said on TSN the television station up in Canada though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: TSN's Darren Dreger reports Bruins may turn their attention to...:
    Darren Dreger is an idiot..and a Burke hind licker! Do you really think that PC would do business with Burke after last seasons fiasco during the draft and the Kessel manouvering that Burke and Kessels agent did to Chiarelli?  Not a chance !! Not happening!!
    Posted by cowboys9

Dreger doesn't create news, he reports it.

As much as I dislike Savard, this deal would make me unhappy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I hope not, if we do anything to make the Leafs stronger its a huge mistake.

Next, Kaberle is a lot like Wideman.  I hope this doesn't happen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from geez77. Show geez77's posts

in all seriousness though people...the bruins are and have always been interested in kaberle. what the leafs need is a first line center. let's see, the bruins have savard, krejci, bergy, most likely seguin, colbourne, hammill etc...who would be the odd man out?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BattlingB. Show BattlingB's posts

One reason I can see that happening from the Bruins perspective is to "get out from under" the long term commitment to Savard.  Kaberle is only signed for this upcoming year.  So if he does well we can re-sign him.  If not we can let him go and  have 4+ million to spend in the FA market.  Also leaves us in a good position if Chara leaves or we don't re-sign him.  We'd still have a solid puck moving D-man on the backline.
    I realize that we just signed Savard but if Chiarelli thinks he overpaid now or is worried about Marc's long term health this would be a way to move away from the long term implications if he gets hurt again.
    With Krejci as a #1 guy, Bergeron as a #2, and either Campbell or Sobotka as a #3 checking type C that would allow for our top pick (be it Hall or Seguin) to still develop for a year or so either in Boston or elsewhere. Or we could slot Seguin as the #3 and use Campbell/Sobotka as the #4.

Another thought is that moving Savard "frees up" a center spot in the event we traded TT to Philly for Carter etc.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

don,t forget bruins own to. next year first pick as well ,bruins dodn,t want to make them better ,i would think savard stays .now that he has a somewhat a goal scorer in  horts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

People are looking at the B's likely choice of Seguin and concluding a C must go.  No way would I trade my top scoring C for Kaberle straight up. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from geez77. Show geez77's posts

battlingb, i would love to see carter in a bruins uniform, however, the flyers will trade gagne and hartnell before they even think of giving up gagne. just a thought, do you honestly think that should we draft seguin, that does not necessarily mean he would crack the team coming out of camp. i would think to let him develop into that number 1 center would be better. besides, what would we be showing future players we want to sign long term? that after one year they are out?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think Darren Dreger is a viable source but even reliable media reporters/analysts do this "Some say Savard is available" which to me is throwing something to think about.

I remember last fall Dreger putting out there "If Savard hits the free agent market next summer look for Burke to sign him quickly" A hundred Leaf fans came on this board "were going to take Savard from you."

Burke needs picks from PC he won't be getting Savard. I'd be shocked if Marc were traded to an in division rival especially one that clicks with there best offensive player.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

cowboys9 Posts: 565 First: 4/21/2008 Last: 6/22/2010 Darren Dreger is an idiot..and a Burke hind licker! Do you really think that PC would do business with Burke after last seasons fiasco during the draft and the Kessel manouvering that Burke and Kessels agent did to Chiarelli?  Not a chance !! Your comments lack any logic--- WHY THE HECK WOULD"NT HE WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH BURKE AFTER DEALING WITH HIM LAST YEAR?  TWO First round Picks and a 2nd for Kessel--- I hope he has Burke on speed dial!!!!
    Posted by JYaso

This is about moving Savard for Kaberle?  if you think that is a good deal your nuts.. Chiarelli was backed into a corner on Kessel and I dont think he appreciated the manner in which his hand was forced..Yes he got what appears to be good return now that we have the second pick overall, but what if the Leafs finished in the playoffs, would you be singing the same tune? You didnt know back in September the Leafs were going to finish almost dead last... PC and the Bruins got lucky , very lucky indeed ,  and every Bruins fan knows that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Two years ago Kaberle would have been a player to get.  Ahhh, he is past his prime and agreed why make a trade to Toronto with their number #1 pick in the Bruin's hand next year.  I do agree the Bs need a puck moving defenseman.  Patience on the development of defense, the offense needs more goal scorers now.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Good lord, if this happens....  That would mean acquiring two players who've got no playoff resume to speak of - Kaberle's been there at least - one who's notoriously so soft Burke had to get four or five goons to protect him and one who has been said to be missing a heartbeat.

The flaw in the logic?  Seidenberg's production.  He looked like he could play a more offensive role in his admittedly short audition.  Good shot, smart decisions.  If he and Boychuk are both around in the top 4, and Stuart's passing continues to improve, Kaberle isn't a necessity.  A veteran soft serve isn't necessary, anyway.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Yeah- let's trade our best offensive player away so we can add another soft defensive player to a team that can't score and can't hit ??? Sounds like the only one who would like that plan is Claude Julien -

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

/Seidenberg's production. He looked like he could play a more offensive role in his admittedly short audition. Good shot, smart decisions./

Sides Absolutely thrived in the Bruins system and PC can't make the "hmmm I just think Morris would be better than Siedenberg at this point" mistake again it cost him Tampa's 2nd rounder to make up for it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

If fans of our club were frustrated at Hunwick's tendency to relinquish possession by getting knocked off the puck by big, fast forwards, the sight of Kaberle doing such won't win him many admirers. 

True, he remains one of the best skating D-guys in the league with a brisk and accurate first pass out of his own zone but with the arrival this past season of Komisarek, Beauchemin and Phaneuf joining Schenn, he didn't fit into that "belligerent, testosterone and aggression" mold that Burke was advertising. 

Burke has also stated that he believes consistent losing can become a habitual mindset.  He's made it known he is committed to changing the losing culture in the Leaf dressing room.  Kaberle is the last hold-over from the previous regime of several non-playoff springs. 

If Savard has to be on the block, I hope its for someone of more impact than Tomas Kaberle.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

First: 4/21/2008
    Last: 6/22/2010
    cowboys9 Posts: 565 First: 4/21/2008 Last: 6/22/2010 Darren Dreger is an idiot..and a Burke hind licker! Do you really think that PC would do business with Burke after last seasons fiasco during the draft and the Kessel manouvering that Burke and Kessels agent did to Chiarelli?  Not a chance !! Your comments lack any logic--- WHY THE HECK WOULD"NT HE WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH BURKE AFTER DEALING WITH HIM LAST YEAR?  TWO First round Picks and a 2nd for Kessel--- I hope he has Burke on speed dial!!!!
    Posted by JYaso

This is about moving Savard for Kaberle?  if you think that is a good deal your nuts.. Chiarelli was backed into a corner on Kessel and I dont think he appreciated the manner in which his hand was forced..Yes he got what appears to be good return now that we have the second pick overall, but what if the Leafs finished in the playoffs, would you be singing the same tune? You didnt know back in September the Leafs were going to finish almost dead last... PC and the Bruins got lucky , very lucky indeed ,  and every Bruins fan knows that.

Let me start first by saying I would not even consider trading Savard for Kaberle.  I agree the Bruins got lucky with getting the 2nd pick in the draft in the Kessel Deal, but 2 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick for a player that did not want to play in Boston and is SOFT, was an absolute steal.  That is why PC should have Burke on Speed Dial!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

The question is ..who would get you closer to the cup?? Savard or Kaberle?  I say Savard sorry Savy haters. Also you know that we own the Leafs first pick next year right? Why would we help them get better? sorry for the questions but think about it?? This deal makes no sense. Its true Savard needs wingers who can shoot and get him the puck and now he has 2 in Lucic and Horton. Savard is too crafty to let go, let alone to a division rival that has chemistry with Kessel. Why dont we just trade them Lucic too and give them our top line from 08/09. Burkie can keep kaberle or trade him elsewhere.

I believe that Chiarelli is not done though.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

I wouldn't be suprised if Savard is traded to San Jose if the Sharks can't re-sign Marleau.  The benefit for the Bruin is moving him to the western conference, where we will see him once.  And San Jose is a successful, consistent franchise, so I don't think Savard would object going there.  He wont waive his no-trade clause for some terrible team like the Blue jackets.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I'm just guessing but I'm going to say it's not happening. I thought that Horton would happen,so I'm batting .750 so far this offseason. I'd be batting higher if Savard had gone to the Panthers. I wonder what we can get from the Sharks for Tim Thomas? They have already stated they aren't bringing Nabakov back,so they are definately in the market for a Goalie. As for Savard he could be moved because he has value,though I think unless it's a no brainer trade they would like to wait until after the draft to decide where he goes if at all. I also wonder what it would take to pry Vincent LeCavalier away from The Ning???? I know they can't get Martin St. Louis but I've been hearing rumblings where Vincent is concerned.