what aging foward will chia bring in at deadline

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsking. Show bruinsking's posts

what aging foward will chia bring in at deadline

recchi last year who played well in the last half of the season then was hurt in the playoffs done nothing. who will it be  this year

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Re: what aging foward will chia bring in at deadline

Are you serious?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Mark Recchi is on pace to score more goals than he did last year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I actually took a look at that again.  With the 0 goals in the last two games he's now on pace for ~18 goals in 82 games (.21875 g/game).
    Last year he scored 13 with the Lighning and 10 with the Bruins in 80 games. (.2875 g/game).
    So far he's dropped off by almost 25% (though in the end that is only ~5 goals)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

im trying to figure out who bruinking is because im sure he has another name, i think it might by anthony

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsking. Show bruinsking's posts

In Response to Re: what aging foward will chia bring in at deadline:
    [QUOTE]im trying to figure out who bruinking is because im sure he has another name, i think it might by anthony
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]
    honestly i have no other names  and my point is we did not improve ourselves at the trade deadline for the last three years . And i like recchi but he is not a game changer
    who is by anthony ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

The Bruins did not need to bring in more than Recchi last year.  They had a solid core and just needed that extra boost for the PP, which he provided.  You do not need to make a blockbuster trade at the deadline in order for a team to be successful.  This year, they have several more needs, but most of those are hard to reach given the salary cap situation for the team.  These aren't the 90s where you just loaded up your team if you were headed to the playoffs.  With the cap, there is a lot more strategy involved in the short and long term.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsking. Show bruinsking's posts

[QUOTE]The Bruins did not need to bring in more than Recchi last year.  They had a solid core and just needed that extra boost for the PP, which he provided.  You do not need to make a blockbuster trade at the deadline in order for a team to be successful.  This year, they have several more needs, but most of those are hard to reach given the salary cap situation for the team.  These aren't the 90s where you just loaded up your team if you were headed to the playoffs.  With the cap, there is a lot more strategy involved in the short and long term.
    Posted by BruinsGM24[/QUOTE]
    I dont want to upset you  but we did not win the cup last year. so of course we needed more then recchi and pittsburg picked up three very important pieces last year . they did win the cup. not us

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

To the original question of this post.  Answer, no one.  Rent a wreck is a one time deal.  I don't see the need for them to do it again.  I can only see something happening that would benefit the team long term.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Recchi will be fine if the Bruins make it out of the second round this year.  He has a knack for scoring goals when needed especially if he knows he is going to the finals.  We don't need a 37 year old to compliment him ie. Scott Walker.  There will be a few talented forwards available, the play of the Bruins in the beginning of the new year will determine whether or not it is plausible to trade..... ie. Doan or Ryan.  Kovy is a dream but not at 11.5million he is demanding.  Two solid goaltenders will be a positive as the Olympics approach. The season is demanding as result of that fact. Rask hopefully will not be asked to play for Team Finland. Although he would consider it a great opportunity.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]I actually took a look at that again.  With the 0 goals in the last two games he's now on pace for ~18 goals in 82 games (.21875 g/game). Last year he scored 13 with the Lighning and 10 with the Bruins in 80 games. (.2875 g/game). So far he's dropped off by almost 25% (though in the end that is only ~5 goals) Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Psst you're only supposed answer when i'm right so tomorrow night when were blogging during the game. Make sure you only pull up the Bruins fans are always right "Excel Spreadsheet n Trusty Texas Instrument Calculator" LoL!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyl. Show paulyl's posts

The Bruins had LOADS and LOADS of LTIR Money to spend the last 3 seasons with all the injuries (Fernandez, Bergeron, etc etc) and did not spend one NICKEL to improve the team at the deadline so I wouldn't expect anything this season either.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: what aging foward will chia bring in at deadline : I dont want to upset you  but we did not win the cup last year. so of course we needed more then recchi and pittsburg picked up three very important pieces last year . they did win the cup. not us
    Posted by bruinsking[/QUOTE]

You are forgetting the walking wounded. The nature of the injuries that key players ended up with last year in playoffs cannot be underestimated. Include Recchi on that list.I believe that they would have done better with the talent they had.However- that was then this is now. Sarcasm aside(the original post's question) I believe something interesting will happen later in the season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

[QUOTE]The Bruins had LOADS and LOADS of LTIR Money to spend the last 3 seasons with all the injuries (Fernandez, Bergeron, etc etc) and did not spend one NICKEL to improve the team at the deadline so I wouldn't expect anything this season either.
    Posted by paulyl[/QUOTE]

This is an excellent point that many people have overlooked.  It really bothered me that Sturm's $$ was never used last  year after he went down.  Having space to make a potential deal is important, but you would think the B's would have added talent in the end run....
    However, i wouldn't underestimate PC's shrewdness.  I don't buy into the conspiracty theories about PC being handcuffed by ownership...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyl. Show paulyl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: what aging foward will chia bring in at deadline : This is an excellent point that many people have overlooked.  It really bothered me that Sturm's $$ was never used last  year after he went down.  Having space to make a potential deal is important, but you would think the B's would have added talent in the end run.... However, i wouldn't underestimate PC's shrewdness.  I don't buy into the conspiracty theories about PC being handcuffed by ownership...
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]

Dont forget 07-08 when they had almost $10 million of LTIR money with Manny and Bergerons salaries and they didn't do a dam thing with it. Later on with Sturms LTIR money they didn't do anything either.

Most likely Chia got a collect call from the vulture in Buffalo telling him to not even think about spending anymore money.

But don't forget how Cup commited JJ is!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Seriously any deal to contend for the cup must be done long before the deadline so the team can gel together,, This team needs scoring and I dont care how many times they change the lines, its obvious they have none.The D does well with the top 4 now missing Stuart so guess what, the callups must help out until they find some scoring or there done...Simple solution, trade now for an impact forward and dump one thats overpaid..