What do you guys do when you're not posting?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

Re: What do you guys do when you're not posting?

I live off of welfare.  I produce children so that the government will provide me with more money.  Basically, I work the system.  My children will be degenerates like myself because I have taught them my ways.  I do not contribute to society in any way, shape or form.  It's a tough life, but someone's gotta do it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: What do you guys do when you're not posting?:
    In Response to Re: What do you guys do when you're not posting? : Even for those of us who are not sophisticated enough to be cigar aficionados, it's not that difficult to decipher.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I am myself a cigan aficianado.

But I usually take the tobacco out.

Surprised

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

I live off of welfare.  I produce children so that the government will provide me with more money.  Basically, I work the system.  My children will be degenerates like myself because I have taught them my ways.  I do not contribute to society in any way, shape or form.  It's a tough life, but someone's gotta do it.
    Posted by 306bruinsfan

......sounds like you live in my area!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Sounds like a Flyers fan.

In Response to Re: What do you guys do when you're not posting? : ......sounds like you live in my area!
    Posted by saultont

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Drewski, are you implying that you make chinese finger traps with your cigars?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thc96. Show thc96's posts

I'm in Psychoville and Finkles the Mayor

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

I Own an Oil and Gas Service Company in Alberta. Was just in Boston in June and took a few games in at Fenway and enjoyed the Moster Seats for 1 of the games. GO BRUINS!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Musician.  I play, teach and write.  Did the whole "gonna be a rock star" thing in my early twenties.  But once it was realized that that wasn't going to be a reality, I got my degree from the Berklee College of Music in Boston in jazz performance and haven't looked back.  I still have a 9 - 5 job to help pay the bills and give myself some nice benefits.  But music is my passion and I do plenty to keep me happy.  I am in a couple of bands (wedding band for money and a cover band for fun...and money), teach (have about 20 students), and write drumline music for local high schools.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

In Response to Re: What do you guys do when you're not posting? : I am myself a cigan aficianado. But I usually take the tobacco out.
    Posted by Drewski5

NICE!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

im a graphic designer who has been transplanted to so cal amongst the worlds most misinformed hockey fans in the world. but at least i got two nhl arenas to within 30mins of me.

gonna be starting a west coast bruins website here this season to get more fellow transplants on left coast to go to games together and meet after games.
    play alot of hockey and havnt missed a bruins game in years appreciate all the good posts. I am a desk jockey so im at work when i read alot from this board.
    intersting thread seeing what every one does. I horrible at writing so i dont post often and my spelling is even worse but i really enjoy reading most post here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you guys do when you're not posting? : Welcome back, Nice post!!  I am a navigation officer on a ship and I've been working all over the world. I do a lot of posting from the bridge of the ship. (Not while I'm Navigating!! Haha) I work 28 days on and 28 days off so that gives me 6 months of the year to do whatever the "puck" I want!!  I have 2 girls who are also Bruin fans and my youngest LOVES Michael Ryder, she wears #73 on her jersey and my oldest wears #24 (O'Reilly...she picked it!!). I play hockey when I'm home and help coach the local Atom boys team and the girls under 12 team...silver medal in the provincials last season!!!  Gold this year!! I also ride, so between raising a family and spending time at the rink I get on the bike as much as I can and help support local charities. I also play guitar and cut the grass when I get a chance!!!  Hahaha  Respect!!
    Posted by scottm50[/QUOTE]
    Hey Scott..good to see you back too.. won't be long before we start up the same ole shtick on why the B's aren't doing as well as we'd like... sliced/diced and delivered on a black n gold platter..but..it just shows how passionate we are about this team (not a bad thing) Am in the midst of recovering from a bicep tendon surgical repair so haven't been on the bike for about 3 weeks.. starting to heal up now and hope to be riding soon... Be well ... hope to get involved in some spiritied bruins dialog again soon..
    Go B's

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you guys do when you're not posting? : OMG your part owner of the Leafs !!!  Now I get the Kessel trade LOL
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Too funny, bro!  I'm just waiting up here for the annual Leaf Stanley Cup parade route down Yonge St. to be announced in August just like it is every year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you guys do when you're not posting? : I would bet most posters enjoy a good cigar.  Being from the states, I don't smoke any at all any more as in my opinion there's nothing worth smoking other than a Cuban, Cohiba, Romeo and Julietand there's an odd one I like that I can't remember the name of, comes in an aluminum tube with a blue crest on it.  People say the Cubans are over rated, but there's nothing else I'll smoke.  The Dominican Cohibas I buy 4 of them and one will be decent, never had a Cuban I didn't like.  It's just too darn expensive throwing away 3 of 4 cigars just to get a good one.  The really small ones that come in the metal package are the most consistent, but they are really small...
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

and there's my fave with a nice XO or scotch !

Book.  Cool story !

Once again I keep opening this post to see whom are the real thing here. Glad Davidorr you started this great thread.  Now when I want to offer a ticket on these boards I know who is a real fan,  a hockey fan !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: What do you guys do when you're not posting?:[QUOTE] gonna be starting a west coast bruins website here this season to get more fellow transplants on left coast to go to games together and meet after games. play alot of hockey and havnt missed a bruins game in years appreciate all the good posts. Posted by sclifton_4_freespeech[/QUOTE]

Let me know when you do the site cause I live in San Diego and go to a ton of Kings n Ducks games whenever I get a chance.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to What do you guys do when you're not posting? : [Posted by Davidorr[/QUOTE] When I came home from Vietnam in 1970, I had already figured out my Dad was right, and I went off to college. (I figured he was right my first day over there!)Upon graduation, I enlisted in the Pennsylvania State Police, where I served for 26 years.(What the hell, I had one weekend off per month for my entire career!) I follow no other professional sport other than my beloved BRUINS. Will be married(to the same girl) for 40 years this fall. Both my children are school teachers. I spend my time volunteering in "soup kitchens" , nursing homes and Veterans Centers. I enjoy raising English Setters, restoring vintage Damascus shotgun barrels, and hunting grouse and woodcock each Fall in Pa,NY,Maine or Wisconsin.(I miss wbz radio..could always pull in BRUINS games out in the "boonies") I collect vintage bamboo flyrods, and fish the upper regions of the Delaware River(not frequently enough) I have a press and a few barrels, so I still make wine each year with the guidance of my 95 year old father.(and home made Italian sausage and "sopresata".) I enjoy cooking very much, going to the movies, and enjoying grandchildren. My avatar is of Wes Studi, who played "Magua" in the 1992 version of Last of the Mohicans. Watchtower was my radio identifier("handle") during my service in what they call today a "special operation" as a US Marine.
    Posted by watchtower[/QUOTE]

You know you are a cool dude.  My son in law was a Marine, Generation Kill, in Iraq.  Proud American whose views are respectful of the armed forces, who has relatives in Europe but think they are a contradiction, and whose political views are as diverse as the culture we live in.  BTW one of my favorite movies was Last of the Mohicans.  Daniel Day Lewis was awesome also in Gangs of NY. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neelybestallaround. Show Neelybestallaround's posts

I work for an Airline company in Calgary AB. I manage a hockey team & have been a correspondant on NHL Home Ice on Satellite radio. Am a hockey fan first & a Big time hardcore Bruins fan. Like the Red Sox- cried in 86, Love the Pats & loved the Celtics when Larry Bird & the boys ruled. Kind of weird how I became a fan of the Boston teams. B's in 72, Red Sox in 75, Pats in 86, Celtics in 84.
    Nice to see the walks of life from other diehards. This is an excellent post!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to What do you guys do when you're not posting? : [Posted by Davidorr[/QUOTE] When I came home from Vietnam in 1970, I had already figured out my Dad was right, and I went off to college. (I figured he was right my first day over there!)Upon graduation, I enlisted in the Pennsylvania State Police, where I served for 26 years.(What the hell, I had one weekend off per month for my entire career!) I follow no other professional sport other than my beloved BRUINS. Will be married(to the same girl) for 40 years this fall. Both my children are school teachers. I spend my time volunteering in "soup kitchens" , nursing homes and Veterans Centers. I enjoy raising English Setters, restoring vintage Damascus shotgun barrels, and hunting grouse and woodcock each Fall in Pa,NY,Maine or Wisconsin.(I miss wbz radio..could always pull in BRUINS games out in the "boonies") I collect vintage bamboo flyrods, and fish the upper regions of the Delaware River(not frequently enough) I have a press and a few barrels, so I still make wine each year with the guidance of my 95 year old father.(and home made Italian sausage and "sopresata".) I enjoy cooking very much, going to the movies, and enjoying grandchildren. My avatar is of Wes Studi, who played "Magua" in the 1992 version of Last of the Mohicans. Watchtower was my radio identifier("handle") during my service in what they call today a "special operation" as a US Marine.

Hey watch,  As a teen I used to fly fish the upper Delaware for trout-- the East branch and its tributary the Beaverkill and also the Willowemac.  Great times!!  I also fished the West Branch, which is lesser known but happens to flow through my father's home town of Hobart .  We caught lots of trout and visited the famous fly tier (is that how you spell it?)  Harry Darby.  Any chance you remember him?

About Mohicans-- great movie, and one that IMO is better than the book.  Magua, what a character!!   Daniel Day Lewis and Madeline Stowe, also excellent in their roles.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you guys do when you're not posting? : When I came home from Vietnam in 1970, I had already figured out my Dad was right, and I went off to college. (I figured he was right my first day over there!)Upon graduation, I enlisted in the Pennsylvania State Police, where I served for 26 years.(What the hell, I had one weekend off per month for my entire career!) I follow no other professional sport other than my beloved BRUINS. Will be married(to the same girl) for 40 years this fall. Both my children are school teachers. I spend my time volunteering in "soup kitchens" , nursing homes and Veterans Centers. I enjoy raising English Setters, restoring vintage Damascus shotgun barrels, and hunting grouse and woodcock each Fall in Pa,NY,Maine or Wisconsin.(I miss wbz radio..could always pull in BRUINS games out in the "boonies") I collect vintage bamboo flyrods, and fish the upper regions of the Delaware River(not frequently enough) I have a press and a few barrels, so I still make wine each year with the guidance of my 95 year old father.(and home made Italian sausage and "sopresata".) I enjoy cooking very much, going to the movies, and enjoying grandchildren. My avatar is of Wes Studi, who played "Magua" in the 1992 version of Last of the Mohicans. Watchtower was my radio identifier("handle") during my service in what they call today a "special operation" as a US Marine. Posted by watchtower[/QUOTE] Hey watch,  As a teen I used to fly fish the upper Delaware for trout-- the East branch and its tributary the Beaverkill and also the Willowemac.  Great times!!  I also fished the West Branch, which is lesser known but happens to flow through my father's home town of Hobart .  We caught lots of trout and visited the famous fly tier (is that how you spell it?)  Harry Darby.  Any chance you remember him? About Mohicans-- great movie, and one that IMO is better than the book.  Magua, what a character!!   Daniel Day Lewis and Madeline Stowe, also excellent in their roles.
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

I have a copy of the book, the Catskill Flytier, by Harry Darby. He and his wife operated a shop in I think Roscoe, NY for many years. Let's not forget Lee Wulff and his wife Joan lived on the Beaverkill as well. By the way, the West branch has become a terrific fishery. There are many guides and driftboats,looking to catch those remarkably selective browns and rainbows.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Elementary School Teacher (Reading/Writing) in south Florida...originally from southern Maine and left the state for college...have been here since.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you guys do when you're not posting? : Hey watch,  As a teen I used to fly fish the upper Delaware for trout-- the East branch and its tributary the Beaverkill and also the Willowemac.  Great times!!  I also fished the West Branch, which is lesser known but happens to flow through my father's home town of Hobart .  We caught lots of trout and visited the famous fly tier (is that how you spell it?)  Harry Darby.  Any chance you remember him? About Mohicans-- great movie, and one that IMO is better than the book.  Magua, what a character!!   Daniel Day Lewis and Madeline Stowe, also excellent in their roles. Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE] I have a copy of the book, the Catskill Flytier, by Harry Darby. He and his wife operated a shop in I think Roscoe, NY for many years. Let's not forget Lee Wulff and his wife Joan lived on the Beaverkill as well. By the way, the West branch has become a terrific fishery. There are many guides and driftboats,looking to catch those remarkably selective browns and rainbows.

Thanks, watch,....Yes, it was outside Roscoe on a slope of the valley for the Willowemac, which is a major tributary of the Beaverkill.  He was chatty and his wife pleasant.....my buddy and I always went in to visit his shop....he let us watch him tie and showed us some techniques.    In his yard he raised special roosters for their hackles.  I'll get that book.

I think some of the Beaverkill was channelled to mitigate flooding, and also parts of the upper Delaware.   This was back in perhaps the 1970s and there was controversey.  A terrible practice-- it actually increases flooding downstream by speeding the water flow....less absorption....and allowing pollutants like farm runoff to flow unimpedded. 

Good to hear aboout the west branch.  There was never any stocking and it had few fish (besides suckers), but it's a lovely stream. 

Not that any of this has anything to do with hockey.....!!!  But, this is the off season......Ha!! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

[QUOTE]Elementary School Teacher (Reading/Writing) in south Florida...originally from southern Maine and left the state for college...have been here since.
    Posted by TuukkainNet[/QUOTE]

where in maine?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Believe1. Show Believe1's posts

Sr. Admin. for financial company.  Watchtower, NAS, CarolinaClamMan, Bookboy, really like your posts.  Thanks for keeping me sane. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you guys do when you're not posting? : Hey Scott..good to see you back too.. won't be long before we start up the same ole shtick on why the B's aren't doing as well as we'd like... sliced/diced and delivered on a black n gold platter..but..it just shows how passionate we are about this team (not a bad thing) Am in the midst of recovering from a bicep tendon surgical repair so haven't been on the bike for about 3 weeks.. starting to heal up now and hope to be riding soon... Be well ... hope to get involved in some spiritied bruins dialog again soon.. Go B's
    Posted by SupportLocal81[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about the surgery, I wish you a speedy recovery!! Bad time of the year to be in a car (Hahaha)....I KNOW you would rather be riding!!  Get well soon and see ya on the boards!! Go Bruins!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

[QUOTE]Sr. Admin. for financial company.  Watchtower, NAS, CarolinaClamMan, Bookboy, really like your posts.  Thanks for keeping me sane. 
    Posted by Believe1[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

"Follow me men... and you'll be wearing radishes the size of diamonds"!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

HS teacher and coach. Professional bum this summer and loving it.