What is Bourque up to?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RayBaz. Show RayBaz's posts

What is Bourque up to?

september cannot get here soon enough....
    Any information out there about what Mr. Bourque has been up to? I would love to know what he is up to. Would also like to see him more involved with the team in some way. Maybe he is waiting for a change in ownership LOL!! What I wouldn't give to see Bobby Orr and Raymond Bourque alongside Neely helping this team.
    Anyways, any news on # 77?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: What is Bourque up to?

For some reason, I was expecting this post to be a picture of Ray making some sort of Einstein-with-his-tongue-out face with his hands hidden and something compromising in front of them - a cheerleader, a bucket of chicken, JJ's wallet, the hope diamond....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Bourque owns a restaurant in the North End called Tresca.

http://www.trescanorthend.com/menu.htm

His wife owns a spa in Danvers.

http://www.maisonesthetique.net/

He doesn't work for the Bruins in an official capacity, but in the past has worked with some of the younger players at training camp, and I'm sure he'd be welcome to do so again if he wishes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RayBaz. Show RayBaz's posts

In Response to Re: What is Bourque up to?:
    [QUOTE]For some reason, I was expecting this post to be a picture of Ray making some sort of Einstein-with-his-tongue-out face with his hands hidden and something compromising in front of them - a cheerleader, a bucket of chicken, JJ's wallet, the hope diamond....
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Which Ray?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RayBaz. Show RayBaz's posts

[QUOTE]Bourque owns a restaurant in the North End called Tresca. http://www.trescanorthend.com/menu.htm His wife owns a spa in Danvers. http://www.maisonesthetique.net/ He doesn't work for the Bruins in an official capacity, but in the past has worked with some of the younger players at training camp, and I'm sure he'd be welcome to do so again if he wishes.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]
    Cheers!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

He, he's essentially vanished and I'd love to see him working with the team in some capacity

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RayBaz. Show RayBaz's posts

Wouldn't it be great if Bourque was the new assistant on the bench. Probably would never happen but it sure would be sweet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Last I heard, and this must be out of date by now, but it was when his kids were at Cushing academy, he'd suit up for practice.  A friend of mine said Ray blended right in and wasn't out of step at all, then again his kid played for Cushing and we all know what hockey dads are like.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]Bourque owns a restaurant in the North End called Tresca. http://www.trescanorthend.com/menu.htm His wife owns a spa in Danvers. http://www.maisonesthetique.net/ He doesn't work for the Bruins in an official capacity, but in the past has worked with some of the younger players at training camp, and I'm sure he'd be welcome to do so again if he wishes.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Ha, my daughter went to his restaurant two years ago.  She saw Ray Bourque and in conversation said I was a huge fan of his.  He was kind enough to sign a photo that adorns my cave. On topic, Bourque would be the best for the Bs in regard to public relations. To those who are closer to Boston, do the former players/stars like Bourque and Orr attend training camp for PR purposes?  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is Bourque up to? : Ha, my daughter went to his restaurant two years ago.  She saw Ray Bourque and in conversation said I was a huge fan of his.  He was kind enough to sign a photo that adorns my cave. On topic, Bourque would be the best for the Bs in regard to public relations. To those who are closer to Boston, do the former players/stars like Bourque and Orr attend training camp for PR purposes?  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

Orr is a player agent now (Taylor Hall is one of his clients), so if you did see him, he'd probably be acting in that capacity.

The thing we've got to bear in mind is that guys like Bourque have a sense of propriety - they're not going to barge into practice sessions with their former teams just because they used to play. If Claude was chatting with Bourque and said something like "Johnny Boychuk would like your advice on whatever," I'm sure Bourque would be glad to help. But I really doubt he'd strap on his skates and hop on the ice at Ristuccia unless he was asked.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Eating, drinking wine and playing golf.

I've seen him 3 times in the past year , the last time at a golf tournament in New Hampshire about 1 month ago . Oh yeah,  the day Steinbrenner died.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Part of me thinks bourque walked away at exactly the right time, stanley cup, still a norris contender etc.. and is happy with the life he had, but has moved on.. I mean if not you would have to assume someone would have offered him by now right?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigD7. Show BigD7's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is Bourque up to? : Orr is a player agent now (Taylor Hall is one of his clients), so if you did see him, he'd probably be acting in that capacity. The thing we've got to bear in mind is that guys like Bourque have a sense of propriety - they're not going to barge into practice sessions with their former teams just because they used to play. If Claude was chatting with Bourque and said something like "Johnny Boychuk would like your advice on whatever," I'm sure Bourque would be glad to help. But I really doubt he'd strap on his skates and hop on the ice at Ristuccia unless he was asked.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

A friend of mine played golf with Bobby last summer. He asked him if he would ever coach. He said no, but he might be interested in being a GM. Maybe some day.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ogie. Show Ogie's posts

He's got his restaurant to keep himself busy.

Most of all, he's enjoying being a hockey parent ...one boy a pro, one in juniors, and his daughter works at the restaurant.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Part of me thinks bourque walked away at exactly the right time, stanley cup, still a norris contender etc.. and is happy with the life he had, but has moved on.. I mean if not you would have to assume someone would have offered him by now right?
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

Not everyone is cut out to be a coach. I know Aaron Ward's been asked about coaching, and each time he LOLs. And just because someone was a great player doesn't mean he'll be a good coach. Actually I believe it's the opposite (with a few exceptions). The great coaches are the guy who not only can teach but understand what it means to struggle.

As for Bourque, I recall him saying a while back he'd spent a lot of time away from his family when his kids were growing up. If he'd gone straight into coaching, he wouldn't have been able to share precious time with them. Perhaps he might consider it now that they're getting older, but he seems pretty happy (saw him at a game at the Garden last year; he's not in exile by any means).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

There were a number of stories making the rounds about Bobby's brief stint as a coach back when Gretzky decided to make a go of it.  They were usually brought in to support the idea that great players underestimate how hard it is to do some of the things they did with ease.  I remember Bobby was furious in one story because a young player hadn't executed on a play the way coach Bobby expected.  One of the vets skated past him and said "Coach, the only guy I've ever seen make that play work is you."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Stay tuned ...PC will make an announcement regarding the new assistant to CJ ...I wouldnt be surprised if it would be Ray Bourque

Stanley cup to the Bruins in 2011-2012-2013

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Stay tuned ...PC will make an announcement regarding the new assistant to CJ ...I wouldnt be surprised if it would be Ray Bourque Stanley cup to the Bruins in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Did Bourque change his name to Doug Jarvis? Because that's who they hired.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=535511

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

[QUOTE]Stay tuned ...PC will make an announcement regarding the new assistant to CJ ...I wouldnt be surprised if it would be Ray Bourque Stanley cup to the Bruins in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]Good call!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Only get on here now and then.... good to have you back Stanley!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

duinne - I had to follow up on the link for Tresca in part because you've outed yourself as an editor.  How does someone as meticulous and professional as Bourque was as a player allow the text on that site to stand?!?!  Awful!  It sounds like it might have been written in Italian and then translated.

This was my favorite:

“…enjoy an exceptional appetizer, dinner, martini or glass of fine Italian wine, from one of the North End’s most extensive wine lists, while people watching or gazing at a game on the flat screen TV.”

I assume they mean "people-watching", not that people will be watching you eat or enjoy your martini. 

So remember kids, editors work cheap, many of them are freelance, and after spending millions of dollars on a location, decor, market research and menu design, it's a real shame to make the wrong impression with the text on your website.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]duinne - I had to follow up on the link for Tresca in part because you've outed yourself as an editor.  How does someone as meticulous and professional as Bourque was as a player allow the text on that site to stand?!?!  Awful!  It sounds like it might have been written in Italian and then translated. This was my favorite: “…enjoy an exceptional appetizer, dinner, martini or glass of fine Italian wine, from one of the North End’s most extensive wine lists, while people watching or gazing at a game on the flat screen TV.” I assume they mean "people-watching", not that people will be watching you eat or enjoy your martini.  So remember kids, editors work cheap, many of them are freelance, and after spending millions of dollars on a location, decor, market research and menu design, it's a real shame to make the wrong impression with the text on your website.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

I didn't even look at it, actually, just googled and grabbed. But it is far from unusual for restaurant web sites to not be the most literate in the world.