What is Happening?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinBuff. Show BruinBuff's posts

What is Happening?

How can you flat out dump a  player to free up cap space, and then just waste the money you freed up? Why not use the money to sign Kessel,or (if it's the case) his replacement.
        Seems that this would have been the ideal why to get Phil and and a cheap   D-man,  or P.J. in to the fold.
         I have no prob. with Morris but over 3 mil. a year....Come ON! Thats a joke! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Re: What is Happening?

That's less than Dennis What I'm a Defenseman? Wideman is making. And I really doubt Morris is as bad in his own zone. I really, really doubt it.

In Response to What is Happening?:
    [QUOTE]   How can you flat out dump a  player to free up cap space, and then just waste the money you freed up? Why not use the money to sign Kessel,or (if it's the case) his replacement.     Seems that this would have been the ideal why to get Phil and and a cheap   D-man,  or P.J. in to the fold.      I have no prob. with Morris but over 3 mil. a year....Come ON! Thats a joke! 
    Posted by BruinBuff[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skaswatch. Show Skaswatch's posts

Think of it like having another Wideman around. Except Morris is now on a good team where he can get points. If he buys into Julien's system, which he will, he'll be just fine. An more 2-way mobile upgrade for Ward for around $800,000 more.

If the market dictates he's 3.3 million, well.... some shiatty team was probably offering him more. I mean, is Kessel worth 4.5 million/season?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinBuff. Show BruinBuff's posts

In Response to Re: What is Happening?:
    [QUOTE]Think of it like having another Wideman around. Except Morris is now on a good team where he can get points. If he buys into Julien's system, which he will, he'll be just fine. An more 2-way mobile upgrade for Ward for around $800,000 more. If the market dictates he's 3.3 million, well.... some shiatty team was probably offering him more. I mean, is Kessel worth 4.5 million/season?
    Posted by Skaswatch[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skaswatch. Show Skaswatch's posts

I will say PC certainly likes to throw money at his defensemen though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinBuff. Show BruinBuff's posts

I hope your right.

And Kessel has ballz asking for more the Krejci. only worth 3mil

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skaswatch. Show Skaswatch's posts

[QUOTE]I hope your right. And Kessel has ballz asking for more the Krejci. only worth 3mil
    Posted by BruinBuff[/QUOTE]

Ya, he could sign for 3.5 million, 3.5 million more than he was making at Minnesota a couple of years ago, and not ruin a good thing. Or he could let his agent decide. Calling Jerry Maguire.

Marc Savard butters his bread, so to speak; I hope he doesn't forget that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinBuff. Show BruinBuff's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is Happening? : Ya, he could sign for 3.5 million, 3.5 million more than he was making at Minnesota a couple of years ago, and not ruin a good thing. Or he could let his agent decide. Calling Jerry Maguire.
    Posted by Skaswatch[/QUOTE]

But now its to the point where they gotta dump one or more guys... and that will ruin a good thing.  They only got a Mil. left.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

Morris is worse than Wideman in his own zone. He is very careless in his own zone and gets caught up ice a lot. Yes, he is better offensively, but I think we are worse defensively. We severly overpaid him. I don't understand the moves of trading Ward, buying out Eaves & then signing Morris to $3.3 million. We now have about a million in cap space left. Better pray we don't get a rash of injuries because we have no cap room to adapt. I don't know what Chiarelli's obsession with buying players out is. We have over $2 million in buyouts counting against the cap. That money would sure be useful.

If Kessel's demands come down and the Bruins want to sign him, they will have to trade a big contract or a pair of smaller contracts. You can't just trade Kobasew's contract and have enough to sign Kessel now.

This could end up being Derek Morris for Aaron Ward & Phil Kessel. Does that really make us a better team? I don't think so

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

What's with all the panic, it's not like the regular season opens tommorow. There's lots of time, PC's clearly not done. It's not even a complete team yet.... WOW.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from blndmn22. Show blndmn22's posts

Well said, Pauly.
    The B's move an injury prone player (albeit an absolute true warrior) that many on this board complained about often since he got here.
    Chia loves buyouts? Really, you would rather have Murray & Schaefer in the lineup?
    Chia has shown that his moves are long range towards building a team, they're is sure to be more happening....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

Will Morris play with Chara or does anyone think Stuart can move up to play those minutes, although he would have to play the right side
    This would match Ference with Morris and Hunwick and Wideman
    Boychuk will be the extra. Can we win the cup with these guys

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

Lordy knows what he's talking about.  The rest of you came over here after Manny signed with the Dodgers.

You fools don't understand we have a huge void on Defense now. And we really have not addressed it.  We had a void to begin with.  And since then we have lost Ward, Hnidy, Montador--and added Morris.  OK, Monty doesn't count.  But Hnidy brought us depth and attitude and Ward, when healthy, was a top 2.

Even conceeding that Morris is the best of the bunch, the whole picture is not better. 

Gotta believe Peter C. has another deal coming.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

Garden Supporter , if you think Aaron Ward was a top 2 defenceman you are way off.
    Stuart was going to take his minutes this year, and Hnidy was too slow
    As we all saw against Carolina , charcter only goes so far
    I agree that Morris is overated, I would have preferred a deal of Kessel for Ryan Suter

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

The defense is much much better with this addition. The void the Bruins had was a puck moving defensemen, it looks to me like Morris is a healthier more durable version of Ward with more offensive skills....although I doubt we will see him take a slap shot from the hash marks on a breakaway, that was awesome

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

oh and trading kobasews contract would most certianly be enough to fit kessel under the cap.....Basically, what this move says is that the line in the sand for Kessel is 3.63 million, and it cannot get any higher.