What needs to happen for a Game 7 win...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

What needs to happen for a Game 7 win...

Yeah the B's lost Krejci (and Sturm for that matter), and the Flyers added Gagne. This has an effect on the series, but not a 3 game turnaround effect. The fact of the matter is that the B's have changed the way they are playing as a team and so have the Flyers.

The B's are not getting pucks to the net, not getting players in front for rebounds, and when they do, they are not getting a good rebound shot. To the Flyers credit, they are. Its that simple. The Flyers have also gotten way more bounces in the past few games than they did in the first few. The series would be over if the had.

The B's have stopped hitting and both teams are not fighting, and with the team the B's have left, they will not outskill the Flyers. Savard is not 100% (playshape and mentally), and it shows. Tuukka has played well, but has no support. Chara disappears for stretches of the game. I am not gonna get into the calls, because they are almost even (except for the penalty shot call- which Rask stopped).

The only way the B's will win game 7, is if they get gritty like they were earlier in the playoffs. They need to get bodies to the net, get quality shots on Leighton (who has been good, but hasn't had to make alot of great saves). Finally, we need to cash in on those opportunities. I saw 2,3,4 chances that were not put on net when they had chances. Satan walked right in and missed the net with his dancing B.S. Shoot the puck, and go to the net. Swarm the net and get hungry for rebounds!!! Basic hockey.

On D, they need to attack at the blue line. When they get in, hit on the boards. Clear the pesky Flyers (Carcillo, Hartnell) out of the front of Tuukka, throw the skilled forwards (Briere, Gagne, Richards) off their game with hard hitting, physical play. Tuukka will make the timely saves if this all happens, and a W will be assured.

Either way, I did not expect to make it this far this season, so I will only be mildly upset if we lose. I would, however, love to see a B's vs. Canadiens series!

Go B's!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LWarmwater. Show LWarmwater's posts

Re: What needs to happen for a Game 7 win...

A well thought out and written statement.  One of the very few on any of the boards.

A Canadiens/Bruins series would be nice for Boston.

But an interesting footnote......if the Flyers win, they face those Canadiens.

Overall, the Flyers and the Canadiens are the 15th and 16th ranked playoff teams this year with 88 points.

An overall 15th or 16th ranked team playing for the Cup.  Only in hockey.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

Thanks and I agree...most would rather flame instead of offering an aternative...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

The reason the Bruins "changed" their game is because there is no more halfwall presence drawing defenders and opening lanes.  So all Philly has to do is load up the middle with bodies and forecheck the points.

The lack of puck possession and the addition of a sniper for Philly is what turned the series around.

What needs to happen in game 7 is waves upon waves of Bruins attackers buzzing the zone!  Lets go boys!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

with about 5 or 6 minutes to go in 1rst period of game 6 i felt that bruins were finding their game.  because bim is right.....they had ZERO sustained puck possession up up to that point. they took the whole "playing at home" thing for granted in game 5.  that won't happen in game 7.  i'm EXPECTING bim's "waves upon waves" of bruins attackers!!!  do that and the goals will follow.  leighton lets up a few early ones and the floodgates could open!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitbomb. Show whitbomb's posts

All good points, mine is just simple score the first goal and play with the lead.

7. This post has been removed.