Wheeler and Chara

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Wheeler and Chara

When their TEAM MATE Milan Lucic was down on the ice as a result of another cheap shot, they both did nothing. Another example of why Chara is a disgrace as a captain and Wheeler is about as big a pu$$$y as you can find in the NHL.
    You want to know what the biggest issue is with this "team" - well there you go.
    This is something that is obviously tolerated from those in charge.
    One guy 6'9" - and another 6'5" stood there and refused to stand up for a 21 yr old kid who has always defended them without hesitation. This is not a team, and if this isn't resolved...you can forget about ever winning anything.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

Re: Wheeler and Chara

You hit the nail on the head. Let's see Thursday what this team is of.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

Sorry made of.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notex. Show Notex's posts

I must have missed that part of the game (drunk) can someone refresh me - we are talking about the montreal game??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Wheeler did step in and give out a shove, then the linesman came in between and that's when Lucic came back around and gave Kostitsyn a glove to the face.
    Didn't see what Chara was doing.
    If that is the play you were talking about.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notex. Show Notex's posts

In Response to Wheeler and Chara:
    When their TEAM MATE Milan Lucic was down on the ice as a result of another cheap shot, they both did nothing. Another example of why Chara is a disgrace as a captain and Wheeler is about as big a pu$$$y as you can find in the NHL. You want to know what the biggest issue is with this "team" - well there you go. This is something that is obviously tolerated from those in charge. One guy 6'9" - and another 6'5" stood there and refused to stand up for a 21 yr old kid who has always defended them without hesitation. This is not a team, and if this isn't resolved...you can forget about ever winning anything.
    Posted by JWensink

Chara can't fight (broken finger - splint) and wheeler shoved someone, probably figured Looch can handle himself fighting?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SylvesterMexicano. Show SylvesterMexicano's posts

Wheeler is on pace for 20 goals this and is currently at a -9 +/- not much of an improvement from 21 goals and awesome +36. Blake should have been playing for a contract because he's an RFA this year. Just like in Phoenix I'm sure he'll hold out for the most money. I say PC should let him walk and take the draft pick(s).

Chara better not expect to stay at the same pay rate if he doesn't blow it out next year before the trade deadline. If he has another subpar fall offer a moderate extension if he demands higher move him in March to the highest bidder way out in the west. Big Z has been playing great but he still cannot for the life of me get the puck through to the nest with any accuracy ala WIDES.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

4 thinks wrong with this.

1. Wheeler. yes he is 6 foot 5. He is not a fighter and does not fight. His job here is to score goals. Yes people get on his case for not scoring but he is still young and learning. Also he has been moved around and playing with different linemates the whole season.

2. Chara. Yes he is 6 foot 9. He is a fighter or can fight. But he has been hurt with a finger. What good will he do in the box for 5 minutes will Wideman is out there for maybe 3 of those giving the puck away? Chara came to Boston not to fight but to stabilize the defense.

3. Lucic has been hurt most of the year. He is or been told to know when to drop the gloves. Or he could also be a bit more defensive now that he has been hurt and does not want to sit more game due to another injury.

4. Why didnt Thornton go out the next shift and run one of the Canadien players down??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

Do you honestly believe Kostitsyn would of fought anyone? Marc Savards mother could of dropped the gloves and he still would of ran like a little bit*h. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

The number one problem with this team is that noone crashes the net

The number two problem with this team is that we dont have any creative goal-scorers

The number three problem with this team is that we dont have any puck-moving defenseman

The number four problem with this team is that we are anemic on the powerplay

The number five problem with this team is that we employ an overly conservative gameplan and have no sense of urgency when behind

The number six problem with this team is a lack of two-way defenseman

The number seven problem with this team (and its a distant seventh) is the lack of fighting / tough guys. 

Sometimes you guys sound like you'd rather watch a bunch of fighters than a bunch of hockey players.  I love brutal fighting too, that's why I purchase every MMA PPV.  But when it comes to hockey, winning /> all else.

I agree that fighting and sticking up for your skill players is VERY important, but guys, dont we need to worry about getting some skill players before we start worrying about protecting them?  Now that Savard is down, there really isnt anyone worth protecting (outside of Bergeron)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GutlessChara. Show GutlessChara's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler and Chara:
    In Response to Wheeler and Chara : Chara can't fight (broken finger - splint) and wheeler shoved someone, probably figured Looch can handle himself fighting?
    Posted by Notex

Poor Chara...sore pinky finger...does he not have two hands - the guy is 7' on skates. Total disgrace for a bruin captain

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The critiquea are full of hogwas. Wheeler did go after the guy, but, the linesman stepped in which is why Looch got a penalty rather than enjoying a power play. The "Ref" was in charge.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmonsta. Show dogmonsta's posts

I have a deep deep gut feeling Chara is not liked in that dressing room...just a feeling

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

The number one problem with this team is that noone crashes the net The number two problem with this team is that we dont have any creative goal-scorers The number three problem with this team is that we dont have any puck-moving defenseman The number four problem with this team is that we are anemic on the powerplay The number five problem with this team is that we employ an overly conservative gameplan and have no sense of urgency when behind The number six problem with this team is a lack of two-way defenseman The number seven problem with this team (and its a distant seventh) is the lack of fighting / tough guys.  Sometimes you guys sound like you'd rather watch a bunch of fighters than a bunch of hockey players.  I love brutal fighting too, that's why I purchase every MMA PPV.  But when it comes to hockey, winning /> all else. I agree that fighting and sticking up for your skill players is VERY important, but guys, dont we need to worry about getting some skill players before we start worrying about protecting them?  Now that Savard is down, there really isnt anyone worth protecting (outside of Bergeron)
    Posted by Drewski5

Mr. Drewski.. You seem to have captured the major elements of what is wrong with this team. Well said.. The number ONE problem is that management screwed up in their selection of players that make up this clustermess of a team.. I don't think it would be a stretch if I surmised that there probably isn't much chemistry on this team... Player to player accountability would be evident when players defened other players.. You just don't see that much from this group..  Good points and excellent post..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Drewski5 and SupportLocal81. Add predictablity of the offense to a problem with the B's this year. Basically a good chunk of the B's offense, once in the offensive zone, is (1) cycle the puck back to the point, (2) slap a shot to the net from the point, in hopes of either a rebound or deflection goal. Just about every team has this figured out and are waiting for it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: Wheeler and Chara : Mr. Drewski.. You seem to have captured the major elements of what is wrong with this team. Well said.. The number ONE problem is that management screwed up in their selection of players that make up this clustermess of a team.. I don't think it would be a stretch if I surmised that there probably isn't much chemistry on this team... Player to player accountability would be evident when players defened other players.. You just don't see that much from this group..  Good points and excellent post..
    Posted by SupportLocal81

Agreed.  Not only is chemistry shot, but where is the direction?

If you look at our roster its impossible to tell if we are building for the future (which would be frustrating but forgivable) or if we are trying to compete for a cup within the next 2-3 years.

I'm a firm believer in direction.  I want my teams to either commit to winning now or winning later.  I have no interest in being a perennial 5-8 seed.

Cheers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Drewski5 and SupportLocal81. Add predictablity of the offense to a problem with the B's this year. Basically a good chunk of the B's offense, once in the offensive zone, is (1) cycle the puck back to the point, (2) slap a shot to the net from the point, in hopes of either a rebound or deflection goal. Just about every team has this figured out and are waiting for it.
    Posted by NumbaFouwer

HAHA, agreed.  And another problem?  Exactly how are you going to get a deflection goal when no one crashes the net!!!!

Right?  I could be wrong, but it seems to me that the Bruins are STILL CYCLING even after the slapper is fired from the point.  What is that?  For example, if a Bruin is behind the net and passes it to the point, said Bruin would then cycle to the point (and wait behind the guy who just shot) instead of crashing the net.

When they are on a powerplay, it looks like they are freaking taking shooting drills! (pass, shot, cycle, pass, shot , cycle)