Where are all the Morris haters now???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cashmuney49. Show cashmuney49's posts

Where are all the Morris haters now???

All summer long and a few games in people were complaining about signing of Derek Morris to a 1 year, $3.3 million contract. In the past two weeks, Morris has been the best defenseman on the ice along with Chara and as they continue to learn each other trhey will grow into a dominant pair.

That said, why would people complain about his contract? He turned down multi-year offers to sign here and is making less that Dennis Wideman. The fact that he has a one-year deal makes him expendable at the trade deadline if the Bruins continue this slide.

Or... when the B's get back on track they will kepp Morris for the remainder of the season and they will have a top-scoring D-Pair that can also shut down and move the pcuk out of the zone cleanly.

Then at the start of free agency this off-season some of the $7.6 million currently tied up in Sturm (assuming he can be moved), Ference and Recchi, plus more cash from expiring buy-outs... can be used to extend Morris plus have money left over to extend Savvy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie2. Show Nolakanookie2's posts

Re: Where are all the Morris haters now???

He hasn't played all the great at all and he is defintely not worth $3.3 million

Are you sure your not confusing your bruins games on xbox with the Bruins games on tv?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Morris has played better than any other Dman on this team. He has already made 10 passes that no one else is even capable of. Wideman 4 mill, Chara 7.5 mill ...
    compared to those two he's a steal for 3.3 -
     It's about the only thing the moron in the front office has gotten right. Don't get me started on him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BopGun9. Show BopGun9's posts

In Response to Re: Where are all the Morris haters now???:
    [QUOTE]He hasn't played all the great at all and he is defintely not worth $3.3 million Are you sure your not confusing your bruins games on xbox with the Bruins games on tv?
    Posted by Nolakanookie2[/QUOTE]

He may not be playing perfect, but it's still better than more than half of the defensive corps. I'll take him for three point three.  Wideman for four million??????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]He hasn't played all the great at all and he is defintely not worth $3.3 million Are you sure your not confusing your bruins games on xbox with the Bruins games on tv?
    Posted by Nolakanookie2[/QUOTE]

If you want I can send you a list of D making more than that have less points but don't want to bore you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

I'm one of those that complained about Morris' contract and I have to admit he's been the one bright spot in an otherwise completely horrible squad.

He's been very strong on D and has shown he can make sweet passes up-ice to the completely incompetent forwards who cough it right back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I'm one of those that complained about Morris' contract and I have to admit he's been the one bright spot in an otherwise completely horrible squad. He's been very strong on D and has shown he can make sweet passes up-ice to the completely incompetent forwards who cough it right back.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

I'm framing what you just wrote.  See it's not all negative. 
    Now on the Sturm thing you're 100% right even though at the time soe could say negative.
    Incompetent fowards LOL....
    Man was I screaming at my TV last nite when they couldn't handle a pass .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Morris has won people over with his play.  Early on- he wasn't playing all that great and his +/- was bad.  He has been playing much better as of late and is earning his paycheck...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I look at Morris for 3.3 mil and Denise Wideman at 4 and I wish for a miracle that he could be traded, but I doubt they can.  He is a detrement out there.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthony3063. Show anthony3063's posts

another case of the mismanagement of cap by Chia..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]Morris has played better than any other Dman on this team. He has already made 10 passes that no one else is even capable of. Wideman 4 mill, Chara 7.5 mill compared to those two he's a steal for 3.3 Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

Good asessment TONY CLIFTON! I'm going to hang in on my overall assesment of PC though. Where would the Bs be right now without the 2 goalies we have ? 1 win 2 wins maybe ?

Is there a perfect GM ? Ken Holland from Detroit ? Would he be considered perfect ? Lou Lamoriello is he perfect ? certainly those 2 GMs are whom you want to measure a great GM but I'll bet you I could find a 100s of fans from those 2 cities that would/have complained quite a bit and they have titles.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are all the Morris haters now??? : Good asessment TONY CLIFTON! I'm going to hang in on my overall assesment of PC though. Where would the Bs be right now without the 2 goalies we have ? 1 win 2 wins maybe ? Is there a perfect GM ? Ken Holland from Detroit ? Would he be considered perfect ? Lou Lamoriello is he perfect ? certainly those 2 GMs are whom you want to measure a great GM but I'll bet you I could find a 100s of fans from those 2 cities that would/have complained quite a bit and they have titles.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Last season I would watch games and comment on NHL.COM Gamecenter. I found myself many times chatting with Detroit , San Jose, Montreal fans and all of them except the Shark fans were not happy with their GM. 
    The Wing fans all complained how their manager didn't trade a Holstrom or Osbad (as the called him) for a real number 1.  Montreal fans ,  forget it ,  they wanted to trade scraps for superstars . To them Gainey doesn't know what he 's doing.
    All this being said these are fans, Boston has them and all other teams with their unreasonable remarks and requests.  Now if you have a name like imafan and now I know why he/she chose that nickname , you're allowed to say what you want because that's what fans are.
    I'm no better because I have my fill of criticism lined-up but I'm allowed also because all I am is a fan.