Where Does Wideman Rank on the List of All-Time Worst Bruins?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Where Does Wideman Rank on the List of All-Time Worst Bruins?

Some Bruins defensemen from the past that should make Wideman look better to you. Not saying these guys were awful , just not really anything special.

Carol Vadnais, Bob Beers, Al Pederson, John Blum,John Gruden,Marty Howe,Zdenek Kutlak, Larry Melnyk , Barry Richter, Jon Rohloff, Frank Simonetti, Dave Tanabe, Jim Wiemer.

I actually liked Pederson, Blum, Melnyk, Simonetti and Wiemer, but these guys were not very talented. They did however make the most of their limited talents by playing hard.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

The most frustrating part of this whole "Wideman situation" is the way the Bruins ended up getting him.  They had to trade Brad Boyes: a 24 year old kid coming off a 26 goal season in just his first full year in the NHL.  The Bruins traded Brad Boyes, and Dennis Wideman was all they got in return?  A young forward with that much potential could have landed the team nearly any player they wanted.  At this point, I'd rather have the bag of pucks rybo555 mentioned; at least they're not hurting the team.     

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Except that Secord ended up missing some significant time with a abdominal muscle pull.

Secord was a decent player but he benefitted from playing with two awesome linemates, Steve Larmer and Denis Savard...who wouldn't score points playing with those two?

I think at the time the Bruins were looking for another puck moving defenseman to play alongside Milbury who wasn't much of skater.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuckNakie. Show BuckNakie's posts

what about Glen Featherstone he was the worst.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Much as I can't stand him, I invite you all to recall wonderful players like:
    Bobby Allen, Peter Shaefer, Trent Witfield, Wayne Premuea, and that's without stretching. He's by far the worst player making over a million on the team right now, and probably the worst player over all. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from michwolverine. Show michwolverine's posts

Someone needs to as our brilliant GM why he decided to resign Wideman and give him a 4 year $16 million contract!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccoul. Show ccoul's posts

My 1st is Ryder and Casper as a coach
    btw from cbc.ca  site today:
    http://www.cbc.ca/canada/newfoundland-labrador/story/2010/01/07/nl-ryder-robbery-070110.html

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joemizz11. Show joemizz11's posts

I would rank him right there with Gill,  but in Gill's defense no one ever said Gill had any offensive talent or ability..   Wideman was supposed to be and is paid to be a 1st / 2nd line offensive defensman.   His game has simply fallen apart in the past year and a half.    Problem is moving him right now gets you nothing but a bag of pucks.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"Carol Vadnais, Bob Beers, Al Pederson, John Blum,John Gruden,Marty Howe,Zdenek Kutlak, Larry Melnyk , Barry Richter, Jon Rohloff, Frank Simonetti, Dave Tanabe, Jim Wiemer."

I forgot we had the original John Gruden!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

No. He doesn't.

This is a stupid thread. I know you guys are pi**ed that the season hasn't lived up to expectations so far and need a scapegoat, but seriously: get a grip. You're sounding like Montreal fans a few years back booing Patrice Brisebois.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinBuff. Show BruinBuff's posts

I'm Not giving up on Wideman... yet. I do see his troubles, however the whole team is playing bad.
               As for worst B's of all-time? Sean O'Donnell for me is the Worst! First and only Bruin I have ever really HATED! More recently I think Andrew Ference is a joke. Wish we could have traded him before he got hurt like he does every year. Don't forget what a bad move Jim Carey was for us.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

No, really, Wideman is awful.  He's super slow.  He is scared to take a hit.  He can't throw a hit.  He gets knocked off the puck easily.  He can't hold the puck in the zone.  He can't hit the net.  He falls down all the time.  He's the 'puck moving defenseman' that passes the puck directly to the other team on a regular basis.  Lately, I think he generally looks lost in our end.  He is by far the worse player on the ice for the B's.  I cringe every time he touches the puck! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Wow... Wideman has been pretty awful this year... blowouts and giveaways all over the ice, shooting wide every shot... but lots of defensemen have gone into terrible funks.  Anyone remember how bad Brad Stuart was with the B's after the Thornton trade?  And he's an excellent talent.

But the funny thing is this stupid thread is started by someone with "Tim Thomas-god" as their name... Thomas, the most overrated, overpaid smoke and mirrors show in the NHL!  Thomas, who if he made a save every once in a while might make Wideman not look so bad.  What a scream.  Wideman isn't close as bad as Thomas.