Who starts on Thurs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

Re: Who starts on Thurs?

I hate to say this but they're gonna keep playing him to showcase and try to move him... It's PCs easiest way to get cap compliant and Thomas' chance to be an undisputed No 1 again. I don't like it but it makes too much sense not to happen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: Who starts on Thurs?:
    [QUOTE]Gotta ride the winner, Thomas until he loses a game!
    Posted by BigPapaBear72[/QUOTE]
    I understand the mentality, but doesn't this send the message "Hey we're sticking with you but the moment you have a bad game or maybe just some bad luck you're back on the bench until the other guy struggles."?

Maybe someone who has played goalie can help me out on this, but that seems like a a tough situation to be playing in. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who starts on Thurs? : I understand the mentality, but doesn't this send the message "Hey we're sticking with you but the moment you have a bad game or maybe just some bad luck you're back on the bench until the other guy struggles."? Maybe someone who has played goalie can help me out on this, but that seems like a a tough situation to be playing in. 
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

It's gotta be tough on the goalie, no question. But it's good competition, worked well with Timmy and Manny two years ago. It's the same principle as forwards competing for spots in the line up, keeps them motivated I would think.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

ride the wave ,thomas is in the zone right now ,he does have something to prove and to win back to back against the caps keeps him going on the right path as # 1 this year

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

I saw start thomas thursday and start rask saturday regardless on how thomas does thursday.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who starts on Thurs? : It's gotta be tough on the goalie, no question. But it's good competition, worked well with Timmy and Manny two years ago. It's the same principle as forwards competing for spots in the line up, keeps them motivated I would think.
    Posted by BigPapaBear72[/QUOTE]

But, what people are describing above is NOT what they did with Thomas and Manny a couple years ago.  Thomas and Manny had a regular rotation, regardless of whether one guy a good game the night before.  That's what the Bruins should do now -- have a rotation, both guys get action, keep the tandem sharp.

What others are suggesting above is 'riding the hot hand' with Thomas, thereby benching Rask and ignoring the Vezina-worthy season he had last year.  Let both guys play!  It's still October.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

the smartest thing to do here is to play Tuukka!!! you don't want him to go ice cold.  The tough decision will come Saturday.  If Rask, plays well tomorrow and plays Saturday, that will mean Timmy sits 9 days before the BRUINS play the loafs. However, this is the way it is going to be all year. I clearly and strongly believe that if P.C. trades Timmy in the east the BRUINS WILL HAVE THEIR SEASON END AT THE HANDS OF THEIR OWN MISTAKE.  I REALLY HOPE THAT WHEN THE TRADE DEADLINE PASSES IN MARCH, TIM THOMAS IS A BOSTON BRUIN!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

I wouldn't mind seeing a rotation of switching off every other game, sort of like what San Jose did with Nabokov and Toskala years back.  Will benefit both long term.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who starts on Thurs? : I understand the mentality, but doesn't this send the message "Hey we're sticking with you but the moment you have a bad game or maybe just some bad luck you're back on the bench until the other guy struggles."? Maybe someone who has played goalie can help me out on this, but that seems like a a tough situation to be playing in. 
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]
    It's only a tough situation if the coach doesn't tell you his game plan. CJ said he already spoke to both of them & maybe he said "ride the streak until a loss, or tough back2backs." However as a goalie you need to play. Practise isn't good enough. It's already been 2 wks for Rask, so if CJ wants to have both healthy & play to their capabilities then it's imperative that they both play. If the B's didn't have such a long break in between games 2 & 3, that's a little bit different. The most CJ should ride the hot hand is 5 games. That's providing they're playing a normal schedule. If the Bruins were like the Sabers & had just one bonafide goalie then of course you go with just the one.  Which by the way. Would we want a Patrick Lalime to be the guy we have starting if one of our goalies got injured for a length of time!! So nice having two guys capable of giving great goaltending.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I believe in going with the hot hand in goal no matter what time of year....points are valuable whether the start middle or last of the schedule....right now Thomas is a brick wall and in my opinion won them the last game....like one poster said its a long season and Rask will surely get his chances....for me ...no question...Tank gets the nod tomorrow night!
    Posted by saultont[/QUOTE]

I'm with you. Another two days wait for Rask will not make a difference at this point.
    TT win or lose tomorrow will know he's done his job and will take in some well deserved rest.
    Wow,  this is a problem the Bruins love to have.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Nitemare - why don't you start on Thursday?

Newfiebullet, Yaz16 and myself will play too. That would be awesome!
    Can you fight? I don't mind the rough stuff.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who starts on Thurs? : I'm with you. Another two days wait for Rask will not make a difference at this point. TT win or lose tomorrow wil know he's done his job and will taken in some well deserved rest. Wow,  this is a problem the Bruins love to have.  
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I know what you're saying Legion, but if CJ waits until Sat & Rask doesn't play well. It's going to be a "CJ made Rask wait too long in between starts!" argument.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who starts on Thurs? : I know what you're saying Legion, but if CJ waits until Sat & Rask doesn't play well. It's going to be a "CJ made Rask wait too long in between starts!" argument.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

who's arguement ?  Like I said at this point an extra 2 days won't change anything. If starts tomorrow and doesn't play well fans will be saying the same thing.
    What am I saying DOESN'T PLAY WELL ???  Forget those words .Wink

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who starts on Thurs? : who's arguement ?  Like I said at this point an extra 2 days won't change anything. If starts tomorrow and doesn't play well fans will be saying the same thing. What am I saying DOESN'T PLAY WELL ???  Forget those words .
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

LOL! I meant how Rask gets off easy. You know the TT bashers. That's what they'll say if Rask doesn't play until Sat & loses, or has a medicore game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

As long as CJ is keeping both goalies in the loop there isn't much of an issue. As a goalie that's the kind of situation you're in most of the time unless you're the established starter. I've always liked having someone nipping at my heels for starts. I also enjoyed it when I was doing the nipping, although not quite as much... I don't know of any goalie who enjoys the backup role. Right now it's up to Rask to stay focused and be ready when he gets tapped on the shoulder. He will get his games in. Having said that. Thomas has been lights out so far. I'd come back with him on Thursday and go with Rask on Saturday. Rask has to play in order to get back on track.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldn't mind seeing a rotation of switching off every other game, sort of like what San Jose did with Nabokov and Toskala years back.  Will benefit both long term.
    Posted by abra-cadaver[/QUOTE]

Well, that doesn't always work. Us goalie's are strange & finicky. When a goalie gets in the zone, you don't want to break that. Sometimes it's best to ride the wave until it crashes. On the other hand waiting until it crashes isn't always good either, because then a goalie can start to over think & have trouble finding that groove again. CJ does have the best of both worlds right now, but as JWeinsink said in another post. He needs to be careful & stay in communication with them.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/

Rask off first kinda felt it was his time for a start

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Thanks for the replies, it sounds like Julien is handling things sensibly as far as communication and making sure the thought proccess I mentioned isn't happening.
    And we have an answer -
    http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2010/10/rask_off_first_3.html

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Oh well,  I would have stuck with TT but I'm no GM Laughing
    I don't have a favorite between Rask and Thomas, I just want the best choice, basically whomever doesn't decide a game with a bad outing , if a loss don't want it to be due to the goaltending.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernBrewin. Show NorthernBrewin's posts

Looks like it's Tuukka time!

Go get em boys!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

What a joke.  Timmy deserves to start at home in front of the fans.  So, if Tuukka blows this big time, then what Saturday, Tuukka again?  I still think the safe bet is play Timmy again, then give Tuukka the nest 3, unless he craps the bed bigtime of course.  It honestly doesnt make sense to me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Just hope the boys play better in front of him than they did in Prague and we should be fine.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

That was my thinking as well Fletch when I read the Blog this morining.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

WOW! What a smart move by CJ. Let everyone think Rask is getting the start. Wash probably watched some video on Rask. !