who wants what we have.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsking. Show bruinsking's posts

who wants what we have.

we have no trading power besides our draft picks  we might pull a blockbuster like a 20 goal scoring guy who will fights like kobesew for a 10 goal scoring non fighter like piet  ha ha ha

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Re: who wants what we have.

In Response to who wants what we have.:
    [QUOTE]we have no trading power besides our draft picks  we might pull a blockbuster like a 20 goal scoring guy who will fights like kobesew for a 10 goal scoring non fighter like piet  ha ha ha
    Posted by bruinsking[/QUOTE]

You think Paille can get 10 goals ?????????
    Trading Kobasew was an idiotic panic move

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

kobasew has 4 goals/3 assts in 29 games this year. Trading him was a good move

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In Response to Re: who wants what we have.:
    [QUOTE]kobasew has 4 goals/3 assts in 29 games this year. Trading him was a good move
    Posted by stillallbost08[/QUOTE]

Chuck Kobasew

Bruins 2007/2008    22 goals
    Bruins 2008/2009    21 goals

Yep -good move, Paille probably won't score that many goals the rest of his career

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: who wants what we have. : Chuck Kobasew Bruins 2007/2008    22 goals Bruins 2008/2009    21 goals Yep -good move, Paille probably won't score that many goals the rest of his career
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

You might be right about Paille, but you're saying Kobasew will return to being a 20 goal scorer?   I'm not so sure about that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

who cares, kobasew was playing terribly.
    As for trading power....draft picks and prospects all over the place.....are you serious man? what do sellers want at the deadline? picks and prospects, what do the bruins have in abundance? picks and prospects

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: who wants what we have. : Chuck Kobasew Bruins 2007/2008    22 goals Bruins 2008/2009    21 goals Yep -good move, Paille probably won't score that many goals the rest of his career
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

It's all about what have you done for me lately.
    2009 stats: Paille 8 pts in 27 games, Kobasew 7 pts in 29 games

With the addition of Paille, the Bruins went from worst to 1st in penalty kill % and based on the numbers they didn't lose anything scoring wise.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

The unfortunate thing with these contracts is by paying 20 goal scorers 4 mill a year they become NTC's regardless of whether or not that options in there. Sturm could waive his deal and i doubt there's anyone who's going to pick up the remainder of his contract. Same with Ryder. I like both these guys but they're way over priced. I don't remember who said it, but it comes from baseball i believe. That it's not the high price of stardom that's going to ruin the sport, it's the high price of mediocrity. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cords. Show Cords's posts

If you look at it as a straight Kobasew for Paille trade, we made out like bandits. Kobasew had a couple of career years here, and is on the slide. Paille is younger, putting up the same numbers right now, and is one of the best penalty killers in the league. It also freed up the cap space to be able to bring up some kids and make more moves in the future. I would bet that Charelli makes a trade by tomorrow's freeze - as pbergeron said, plenty of picks and prospects - except that we also need to clear a bit more cap space if it is a good vet scorer...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

the trade was essentially this a low end third round pick and chuck kobasew for a high 2nd round pick, dan paille and 2 prospects

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

i like the improved penalty killing. i think Paille has been a huge part of that

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]the trade was essentially this a low end third round pick and chuck kobasew for a high 2nd round pick, dan paille and 2 prospects
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

No question this was a good move.

Paille has good wheels and if he develops any kind of scoring touch he'll be around a long time. He's been a good replacement for P.J. Axelsson.

Axey could be counted on to score between 10-15 goals, kill penalties and be responsible defensively. Paille can do the same. If he can bump up to 20 or more, there is lots of value to the team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsking. Show bruinsking's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: who wants what we have. : No question this was a good move. Paille has good wheels and if he develops any kind of scoring touch he'll be around a long time. He's been a good replacement for P.J. Axelsson. Axey could be counted on to score between 10-15 goals, kill penalties and be responsible defensively. Paille can do the same. If he can bump up to 20 or more, there is lots of value to the team.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

you lose the gist of the question who do we have now that anyone wants . and please take into account salary
    sturm at 4 mil. no
    ryder 4 mil no bergeron 5 mil no thomas 5 mil no chara 7 mil maybe  savard 4 mil maybe  these are the only guys who might bring a big trade and there salaries certainly hamper that . and as far as i am concerned chara and savard are untouchable . so besides our picks who cam we trade and really help ourselves. 
    no one thats who . 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

You could move Bergeron. 

You could trade anyone on this team.  All you need is a GM on the other end who thinks he has the answer.  The big question is the return.  If there's a big name on the market, do the Bruins have the chips to buy the pot?  Not with players. But deals aren't made just with players.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ecb19. Show ecb19's posts

Some of these threads are just awful.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

The Bruins go 0-1-1 in their last 2 and everyone is ready to jump ship again.  The only move I see the Bruins making is some sort of blockbuster.  There aren't a lot of small deals that are possible with the salary cap situation of the team, as well as some individual players' salaries.

The talent is there on this team.  The execution has been TERRIBLE on most occasions.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsking. Show bruinsking's posts

[QUOTE]The Bruins go 0-1-1 in their last 2 and everyone is ready to jump ship again.  The only move I see the Bruins making is some sort of blockbuster.  There aren't a lot of small deals that are possible with the salary cap situation of the team, as well as some individual players' salaries. The talent is there on this team.  The execution has been TERRIBLE on most occasions.
    Posted by BruinsGM24[/QUOTE]

i am not jumping off the cliff after the last two games its been the whole season. we are 27th in the league in scoring. our powerplay 22nd  my worry is we have been playing and executing very well we are what we are . a low scoring very unphysical  and sometimes very unmotivated team  . bad coaching  bad management low talent maybe a combination of all  . i dont know the reason and i dont care  we need a game breaker maybe two or we can just put on rose colored glasses   and  don' be surprised if we don't make the playoffs . y with an overworked chara after the olympics. I actually hope you are right but i am afraid i am.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]The Bruins go 0-1-1 in their last 2 and everyone is ready to jump ship again.  The only move I see the Bruins making is some sort of blockbuster.  There aren't a lot of small deals that are possible with the salary cap situation of the team, as well as some individual players' salaries. The talent is there on this team.  The execution has been TERRIBLE on most occasions.
    Posted by BruinsGM24[/QUOTE]

If you've been paying attention this has been going on since February-not "thier last 2" 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

For sure those draft picks contain a lot of leverage. 
    Our prospects in Prov. .. well they haven't panned out yet and the baby Bs aren't have a very good season so far.
    I hate to admit it but the problem the Bruins are having with scoring will be with them all year , even when Lucic comes back. 
    Sure there are games Bruins will fill the net only to struggle again in scoring over and over again. 
    I see the Flyers getting killed ,  last game they got 6 from the Pens,  sure they have Crosby-Malkin ,  except for the Bruins only scoring 1 goal on them the last five games Philly averaged over 5 goals against per game.
    30+ games played and the Bruins are at the bottom in offense.  Thanks to our D we'll salvage more games won than lost.  We'll fight for the top spot in our Division.  As for the playoffs,  with this current lineup (including Lucic) we don't get passed 2nd round.
    Chiarelli is not blind and I'm certain he'll make some moves.  Like someone said here Bruins have an abundance of picks and will use them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

The B's have more than picks to offer.  2 excellent tenders for a blockbuster.  Some younger talent on the team(Wheeler), recent picks(Colburn and others), and other solid(but not great) vets. 

PC will do something to improve this team and i'd bet it will be soon. 

BTW- Koby for Paille = good trade for Boston.  Paille has contributed in his role as a PK.  Koby was just going through the motions and peaked last year.  However, the main reason for that deal was to open up cap space to bring up guys from Prov due to all the injuries.  The B's got better and opened up cap room with one deal. 

Nice job PC!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I'm very very happy nobody from these posts have any bearing on the fortunes of the Boston Bruins hockey club !

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

wait so you think only some teams would want Savard at a cap hit of 4.2 mill? alright, well, your insane, later

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from craichead. Show craichead's posts

Remember that at the time the B's needed a strong message sent by the brass.  That preceded the run that put them atop of the Northeast, so gotta give Chiarelli some due praise here...

24. This post has been removed.