Why always blame THE COACH?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peanator. Show Peanator's posts

Why always blame THE COACH?

Again, it is the coach who is blame when the players show no intensity. I'm getting tired of hearing fans blamed the coach when the team played without emotion. Not Claude Julien who is on the ice. It's the easy excuse !

Only few players have heart on this team :

- Mark Recchi
    - Zdeno Chara
    - Patrice Bergeron
    - Shawn Thornton
    - Vladimir Sobotka
    - Johnny Boychuk
    - Mark Stuart
    - Marc Savard
    - Tim Thomas
    - Tuukka Rask

10 / 20 : You cannot win with only half of a team !

It's not Claude's fault, it's players fault ! Why he won the Jack Adams trophy last year and this year it should be fired ? Come on, you miss the target !

New York vs Bruins sunday : It will be good for my sleep disorders... 2 dead teams......Ouch ! 

Really, this season is a F**king sh*t !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: Why always blame THE COACH?

I see only 6 on that list.

Rask
    Savy
    Bergy
    Rex
    Boychuk
    Stuart

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I agree the coach is an easy target.  These are pretty much the same players as last year.  How come they play great against the Flyers and Carolina and so poorly against the Pens.  It is not about talent or coaching it is about understanding the urgency.  For some reason the players are not understand that part yet.  They still have time to correct the situation.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Claude Julien has lost the players in the room.. so he has to go..He is too passive and the team has taken on his persona.. Need a guy to kick these guys in the behind and he won't do it...how many guys this year has he sat out for poor play?  His in game managing is basically rolling 4 lines no matter what.. Doesn't believe in double shifting better players to create offense.. He has personally destroyed TT's confidence this year...Thursday' game and the disappointing effort sort of ended it for me .. This coach could not instill a fighting spirit in his team , wouldn't put out the tough guys on a consistent basis against Cooke and basically his team became a laughing stock for their inept attempt at retribution.. Had Milbury, Quenville, Keenan been behind the bench you would have seen proper justice carried out against Cooke.. He would not have walked out of the rink with a smile on his face.. Julien is so naive to believe as he always says " the league will look after those things "  If I am a player I just shake my head and wonder" ...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peanator. Show Peanator's posts

In Response to Re: Why always blame THE COACH?:
    I see only 6 on that list. Rask Savy Bergy Rex Boychuk Stuart
    Posted by bim09

TT & Chara not on your list ?  Why ?

If TT was a forward or a defenceman, I think it would be the most intense player on this team.

Agree ??

I am glad that you had the honesty not put Krejci on your list. It is a very talented player but he does not always give his 100%. But he's a very important pieces on this team.

Your list is good too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

How do you know CJ has lost the room ? Source ? Personally destroyed TT 's confidence ? Really ? If anything Julien has given TT more than enough chances to play better but alas TT is incapable .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peanator. Show Peanator's posts

How do you know CJ has lost the room ? Source ? Personally destroyed TT 's confidence ? Really ? If anything Julien has given TT more than enough chances to play better but alas TT is incapable .
    Posted by 50belowzero

2.57 GAA and .914 SP......Not too bad for a poor goalie ! With a good team, He would have won many more victories with these stats !

You can't blame the goalie when the team scored 2 or 3 goals per game in average !

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Agreed but there have been games where the B's have scored 2,3,4,5, goals for Timmy but unfortunately thats the game he decides to let in 3,4,5,6 goals . One example is the Pitt game early in the year when the B's scored 5 goals and good ol' TT let the tieng goal in with a few seconds left on a weak goal and the winner in ot on an equally weak goal. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peanator. Show Peanator's posts

Agreed but there have been games where the B's have scored 2,3,4,5, goals for Timmy but unfortunately thats the game he decides to let in 3,4,5,6 goals . One example is the Pitt game early in the year when the B's scored 5 goals and good ol' TT let the tieng goal in with a few seconds left on a weak goal and the winner in ot on an equally weak goal. 
    Posted by 50belowzero

agreed too....but admit that is not only TT's fault for this bad season. Do you want to keep TT in the team or trade him this summer ?

I think TT deserve another chance next season, he's a fighter. But I admit than Rask is a great goalie and he is our future !

You think Rask is ready to play 60 games next season ?

What's your opinion on that ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I don't always blame the coach but in this case our coaching is clearly a problem.  I have said several times that our system has been figured out and Cloode refuses to change it?  At this point most of our players are playing without any confidence which is also a coaching problem.  How does Wideman go from the best +- defenseman in the league to what he is now?  I could go on and on but all the evidence leads me to believe we have a coaching problem.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

No i don't think Rask is ready to play 60 games , maybe 50 but TT has too rich of a contract to be a back up . Plus i don't think TT would want to be a bench warmer .I think you could get a cheaper back up (Biron , Roloson come to mind ) and save some money.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Trading him would be knee-jerk if it's done just to get out from under the contract.  If you get something of value in return, well, you gotta look at it.  Rask might not be ready to play 60 games, but he can play at least 40, so you're not looking for someone else to play 60.

You're pi$$ing into the wind in arguing the players should take responsibility and not the coach. It's not conventional wisdom in sports - you can't fire all the players, so you gun the coach.  That said, I totally agree that Julien is too easy a target.  He has been too passive, and he doesn't preach aggressive hockey, but his system permits the players to be physical, to pay a price to score, and to exact a price for scoring.  It doesn't permit players to put their responsibilities to the team aside and go looking for shots.  But I think this season is all on the players.  Chara has been in a holding pattern as though he's protecting the hand for games that matter.  Ryder's drunk.  Wheeler has been wallowing in self-pity.  Krejci keeps trying plays that his wingers have proven they can't finish this year, and he hasn't changed his approach to shoot more or take the puck to the net.  Begin's been a waste of time, Thornton hasn't stirred up nearly enough K-rap, Sobotka can't find the balance between high-energy and stupid, Wideman's living in his own personal hell, Ference can't stay healthy, Hunwick is destroyed, and Thomas refuses to acknowledge that his play - and his control over his emotions - has slipped.

I'm actually fed up enough that I don't want this group to win the Cup.  I would forever remember them as a group that repeatedly embarrassed the spoked B only to flip a switch or get lucky.  What an embarrassment to the Bourques and Neelys, the Ratelles and Middletons of the last 38 years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from uvguy07. Show uvguy07's posts

I coached for five years, not at the professional level, and I felt it was my responsibility to make sure the players played their hearts out. If I was getting paid to do it I would feel a greater sense of obligation to make sure the players played. Can we ask the coach for a refund? No, but you hold the coach accountable.

To me if I was coach; Wideman, Hunwick, and Ryder, ALL would have had extended time in the press box!!!! Maybe these players could even watch video of themselves from last year when they all were playing much better. Do ANYTHING just dont keep on playing them game after game when all three are obviously lost!!!!! 

Satan would be playing the powerplay ALOT more. He is an offensive threat who will SHOOT the puck!

If I was down by a goal or two my best two lines from the game would be playing more, my weakest lines would be sitting. Coaching 101. Imagine if the Patriots were down by three points and Belichick benched Brady, Moss and Welker. If down by a goal play your best players. It tells the team I care and I am going for a win guys, I dont care if I hurt your ego. If you feel you should be out there play like you should be for the previous 50 minutes of the game!!!!! Conversely If I am up 5-2 with 3 minutes left in the game Bergeron would not be on the ice risking getting a shot off his knee. That is garbage time for garbage players.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

REASONS FOR NOT DOING WELL
                                    1. THEY HAVE SHUT CLAUDE OFF
                                    2. TOO MANY OFF SEASON BIG CONTRACT SIGHNINGS FOR GUYS THAT PLAYED ABOVE THEMSELVES,IRONICALLY BECAUSE OF CLAUDE.THEY HAVE THERE $ NOW AND HAVE TURNED HIM OFF.
                                    3. GOT RID OF A GOAL SCORER (IN TODAYS NHL ARE YOU KIDDING ME)
                                    4. CLAUDE WILL GO AND THE BS BRASS WILL TRY TO IGNITE ANOTHER FIRE IN THESE OVER PRICED BLUNDERS.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinizm. Show Bruinizm's posts

Claude Julien has lost the players in the room.. so he has to go..He is too passive and the team has taken on his persona.. Need a guy to kick these guys in the behind and he won't do it...how many guys this year has he sat out for poor play?  His in game managing is basically rolling 4 lines no matter what.. Doesn't believe in double shifting better players to create offense.. He has personally destroyed TT's confidence this year...Thursday' game and the disappointing effort sort of ended it for me .. This coach could not instill a fighting spirit in his team , wouldn't put out the tough guys on a consistent basis against Cooke and basically his team became a laughing stock for their inept attempt at retribution.. Had Milbury, Quenville, Keenan been behind the bench you would have seen proper justice carried out against Cooke.. He would not have walked out of the rink with a smile on his face.. Julien is so naive to believe as he always says " the league will look after those things "  If I am a player I just shake my head and wonder" ...
    Posted by cowboys9

That is exactly my F@@@ point. Very well said. And to say my players had the Fing FLU!! are you stupid!!! Tell the media that this is inexcusable and we totally sucked!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinizm. Show Bruinizm's posts

Tell me if this sounds familiar:     "I don't think we're at a point of being ready both mentally and (physically) to play the way that is necessary”…. Quote from NJ Devils GM Lou Lamoriello after firing CJ back in 2007 And don’t you wish you had a GM who thought/felt the same as Lou Lamoriello   when he said "… have a responsibility to owners, to the fans and I have a responsibility to the players, and in saying that we have a commitment to winning."     CJ and the GM  must go !!!
    Posted by soxfan65

Thank you for posting this. This general manager makes moves. One of the better general managers in the game no doubt about it. Imagine what he would of said to his Team etc if it was them that played this way against the Penguins.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Tell me if this sounds familiar:    "I don't think we're at a point of being ready both mentally and (physically) to play the way that is necessary”…. Quote from NJ Devils GM Lou Lamoriello after firing CJ back in 2007

And don’t you wish you had a GM who thought/felt the same as Lou Lamoriello  when he said "… have a responsibility to owners, to the fans and I have a responsibility to the players, and in saying that we have a commitment to winning."   

CJ and the GM  must go !!!

I HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS SAME THING FOR MONTHS ON THIS BOARD AND FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE GETS IT!. 

My friend is a Devils fan and to quote him simply--- "The Bruins have talent, but just wait, CJ will eventually turn this team into non thinking emotionless robots.  They will never win with him as coach".

My friend said this to me last year before the playoffs started-- he looks pretty smart right now!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Tell me if this sounds familiar:     "I don't think we're at a point of being ready both mentally and (physically) to play the way that is necessary”…. Quote from NJ Devils GM Lou Lamoriello after firing CJ back in 2007 And don’t you wish you had a GM who thought/felt the same as Lou Lamoriello   when he said "… have a responsibility to owners, to the fans and I have a responsibility to the players, and in saying that we have a commitment to winning."     CJ and the GM  must go !!! I HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS SAME THING FOR MONTHS ON THIS BOARD AND FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE GETS IT!.  My friend is a Devils fan and to quote him simply--- "The Bruins have talent, but just wait, CJ will eventually turn this team into non thinking emotionless robots.  They will never win with him as coach". My friend said this to me last year before the playoffs started-- he looks pretty smart right now!
    Posted by JYaso
                REMEMBER THE MOVIE "JAWS" QUINT PUT THE BOAT AT FULL THROTTLE AND BURNED THE ENGINE BEARINGS UP.OUR BOY CLAUDE HAS DONE THE SAME THING.CJ IS A RELECTION OF AN A TYPICAL BRUINS FAN,THATS WHY OUR GM GOT HIM.EVERY 3 YEARS WE LOOK FOR SOME COACH TO FIX AND UNDERLYING PROBLEM THE BRUINS HAVE WHICH IS PATIENCE AND 2 WAY THINKING.UNTIL THAT CHANGES,..............

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Well said 007.

Some Stats
     4 winners have been fired in the following year be it at season end or before season
    Murdoch 90, Sutter 91, Nolan 97 and Barber 01.

3 Winners won the cup the year they won Shero 74 with a follow up cup in 75, Bowman 77 with cups in 78&79 and Tortorella in 04.

5 more winners won cup next year besides noted above, Bowman 96 won cup in 97&98, Arbour 79 won cups 80 to 83, Sather 86 won cups 87&88, Lemaire 94 cup in 95, Crawford 95 won cup in 96.

Only 4 Winners are still with their teams
    Ruff 06 with Buf
    Vigneault 07 with Van
    Boudreau 08 with Was
    Julien 09 Bos.

Julien should join the first group but he was given a big extension befor he had earned it much like our contracts to Luc, Krej, Sturm, Wideman. TT earned his contract playing for min for 3 years and being #1 despite them trying to take it away from him, his is being paid to have a guy to bring along and develop Rask at their own pace and at the lower salary.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Personally
    cj did a great job last year in defining the team, they became the best D team in the league and are still top 5. Injuries and player loss have left him at a loss in how to coach players left and how to win with his roll 4 attitude. He has not adapted to the rest of the league as the rest of the league has adapted to him. He needs to be able to coach what he has and not try to redefine roles, because the talent is weaker than last year(entire 1st line gone or injured). The Kess trade, TO seemed to be the only team they could get up for and that is not even working now.

Satan is not working out bring back March and Luc and Sob, seemed to be better than with Sat out there or Sit Thorn, he is not going to score and 1 fight just did not cut it against Cooke though a better effort than most, but again he is not going to score.

Berg and Krej lines need to be played to there max, double and triple shift them if need be.

PP what PP, scrap it and play 4 on 4, leave a man back at centre as we seem to be chasing it back anyhow.LOL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Personally cj did a great job last year in defining the team, they became the best D team in the league and are still top 5. Injuries and player loss have left him at a loss in how to coach players left and how to win with his roll 4 attitude. He has not adapted to the rest of the league as the rest of the league has adapted to him. He needs to be able to coach what he has and not try to redefine roles, because the talent is weaker than last year(entire 1st line gone or injured). The Kess trade, TO seemed to be the only team they could get up for and that is not even working now. Satan is not working out bring back March and Luc and Sob, seemed to be better than with Sat out there or Sit Thorn, he is not going to score and 1 fight just did not cut it against Cooke though a better effort than most, but again he is not going to score. Berg and Krej lines need to be played to there max, double and triple shift them if need be. PP what PP, scrap it and play 4 on 4, leave a man back at centre as we seem to be chasing it back anyhow.LOL
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT
       WHO CARES IF THEY ARE 5 ON THE BEST D TEAMS?????   THAT DOES NOT GET YOU DEEP INTO THE PLAYOFFS.IT DOES SELL BEER AND KEEP YOU IN 8-9-10TH.3 YEARS LATER AND ITS GETTING OLD.HE WILL NOT DOUBLE SHIFT,THAT IS NOT CLAUDE.BESIDES WE DO NOT HAVE DOUBLE SHIFT STRENGTH TO DO SO.IT WILL ONLY CAUSE MORE GOALS AGAINST.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

It's the coaches job to motivate and focus the players.

The Bruins are playing unfocused and unmotivated.

= Blame Coach

(To me it seems the players are playing to get him fired, but that's just me)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

And people really need to stop blaming the losses on the loss of Phil Kessel.

He scored 36 goals last year.

Last year the B's scored 274 goals
    This year the B's scored 174 over 70 games, on pace for 203.

Losing, and not replacing, Kessel's 36 goals would have put the B's in 16th place for goals scored. With the B's having given up the fewest goals, he knew they wouls still be in great position.

Turns out the playesr didn't show up to play this year. And as much as I hate PK, this teams fortunes are tied less to him than they are to the coach's ability to get these players to play.

Remember when he benched Kessel in the playoffs? That was motivating. Remember when he called out Ryder in the press? THAT was motivating, too.

What has he done this year? Make excuses. Keep giving the same players the same ice time.

Players needed to sit in the press box this season, and he never did it.
    Therefore, I blame the coach

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Btw just to respond to hockey-101...Defense wins championship not offense.  Look at the Caps or the Flyers.  They aren't going to win anything this year once again!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peanator. Show Peanator's posts

Tell me if this sounds familiar:     "I don't think we're at a point of being ready both mentally and (physically) to play the way that is necessary”…. Quote from NJ Devils GM Lou Lamoriello after firing CJ back in 2007 And don’t you wish you had a GM who thought/felt the same as Lou Lamoriello   when he said "… have a responsibility to owners, to the fans and I have a responsibility to the players, and in saying that we have a commitment to winning."     CJ and the GM  must go !!! I HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS SAME THING FOR MONTHS ON THIS BOARD AND FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE GETS IT!.  My friend is a Devils fan and to quote him simply--- "The Bruins have talent, but just wait, CJ will eventually turn this team into non thinking emotionless robots.  They will never win with him as coach". My friend said this to me last year before the playoffs started-- he looks pretty smart right now!
    Posted by JYaso

Devils only past the first round in 2007 ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
    Good move by Lamoreillo ! ! Ha ha ha !

Claude is not the problem ! Blame the players !!!!