Wideman is so Bad this year...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Re: Wideman is so Bad this year...

Worst D man in the league...easy!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

"No I won't pick on the guy tonite", I said last nite before the game.
    Then when he shot that slap-pass and hit Satan on the ankle I couldn't hold myself back .  LMAO ..  I had to scream out " Way to go Widman" LOL...
    I look at his face and can't help feeling bad for this guy right now at this point. He's an accident waiting to happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Wideman is so Bad this year...:
    In Response to Wideman is so Bad this year... : and you forgot one more, denting his team mates with his shots from the point. I think the arguments on both sides of this overlook the fundamental problem here. He IS SKILLED.  No question about that.  He is NOT a minor leaguer.  The problems are the a) mental mistakes, b) brain farts, (c) bad decisions and (d) fundamentals ignored, forgotten or never learned.  So when a fan looks at it, his shot intentionally (?) 4 feet wide might be just another wild shot from the point. All NHL players commit the a b c and d sins above, but Wideman does them more frequently.  It frustrates me to death to watch him.  He's not a big guy, he doesn't hand out punishing checks, defensively he should be playing way more conservatively.  When he gets time in his own end he can make that nice crisp pass out of the zone, but when he lacks time he will make a poor quick decision- or when he get TOO MUCH time he starts thinking, and when he thinks he weakens the nation. Really, get out the dusty old Howie Meeker how to play hockey videos and remind  him of the basics, make sure your skates are on the ice, make sure you have control of the puck etc.  They benched him 2 years ago and then claimed they 'cured' him of the river boat gambling, yet I've see him do it hundreds of times since. Last night he blocked the Phaneuf shot and put it on Orr's stick for the Leafs goal.  Problem 1 - do not block shots with your hands or even worse - your stick so that you tip it into your own  goal.  True, he averted disaster by not putting it in his own goal outright, but he gave up a juicy rebound and would have been in a better position had he not blocked it.  Matter of fact, 95% Rask could have gloved it easily and the play would have been dead right there. True, could have happened to any defenseman in the league, but it seems to happen to Dennis all the time.  
    Posted by BadHabitude

Wideman was tied up with a forward in front of the net and was simply just hit in the hand by the shot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoryNeutral. Show TheoryNeutral's posts

In Response to Re: Wideman is so Bad this year...:
    "No I won't pick on the guy tonite ", I said last nite before the game. Then when he shot that slap-pass and hit Satan on the ankle I couldn't hold myself back .  LMAO ..  I had to scream out " Way to go Widman " LOL... I look at his face and can't help feeling bad for this guy right now at this point. He's an accident waiting to happen.
    Posted by BsLegion

LOL is right -- and I had completely forgotten about the Satan accident! We can just say he's cursed and leave it at that. The important thing is to make sure that somehow, one way or another, he must go away. Be gone. Anyone else will do. Just go.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wompton. Show wompton's posts

Those defending him and saying WE don't know hockey?  Did you just move up from FLA?  Wideman has to go.  Take the bag of pucks and the orange cones and cut the losses.  That's all we'll get for him.  

Last year when folks were still saying Axlesson was a "good defensive forward", were you watching him make perfect neutral zone passes to the other team?  You must be the same Wideman defenders.