With Stuart in the fold, Somebody ($$$) now has to go

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NegativeTrollsAbound. Show NegativeTrollsAbound's posts

With Stuart in the fold, Somebody ($$$) now has to go

1) Ryder
    2) Thomas or Savard?  doubt it

does Sturm LT injury help with the cpa

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Re: With Stuart in the fold, Somebody ($$$) now has to go

I think this conclusion has been pretty evident for a while now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

In Response to With Stuart in the fold, Somebody ($$$) now has to go:
    does Sturm LT injury help with the cpa
    Posted by NegativeTrollsAbound

Not enough to make a difference. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

As much as I wouldn't mind seeing Ryder gone, I don't think that a buyout is the way to go.  The cap hit will bite the Bruins next year when there is no bonus cushion on rookie contracts.  I would rather see him go through waivers and get sent down to the minors.  It would both free up $4M and show fans that JJ is finally serious about spending money to try to win a Cup.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

How much would the buyout be for Ryder agsint the cap and how much space would the B's get this year?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

According to Capgeek, buying out Ryder would save $2,666,667 in cap space this season, and cost an extra $1,333,333 in cap space next season.

http://www.capgeek.com/buyout_calculator.php?Player=215&buyout_y=2010&buyout_m=07&buyout_d=20&Calculate=%C2%AB+CALCULATE+BUYOUT+%C2%BB

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IShawnPI. Show IShawnPI's posts

NHLnumbers suggest the bruins have 3.447 mill left of cap space after the stuart signing. Only need to sign Wheeler, Seguin and Cambell. I think we get all these guys signed without having to move anyone. Wheeler should just take a 1 year contract at just over a mil, plenty of money freeing up next year and if things continue this way, Bergy and Chara's cap hits can go down with some front end loaded contracts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

Sturm going on LTIR would free up a little cap room. More important would be the roster spot. The problem with that is when he comes off LTIR someone has to go. The best replacement is a player that can be sent to Providence without going through waivers.

Seguin can also be sent back to his Junior team. I'd hate to see him sent back due to cap issues if he is capable of playing this season. I'd rather see Ryder as the sacrificial lamb.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

In Response to Re: With Stuart in the fold, Somebody ($$$) now has to go:
    NHLnumbers suggest the bruins have 3.447 mill left of cap space after the stuart signing. Only need to sign Wheeler, Seguin and Cambell. I think we get all these guys signed without having to move anyone. Wheeler should just take a 1 year contract at just over a mil, plenty of money freeing up next year and if things continue this way, Bergy and Chara's cap hits can go down with some front end loaded contracts.
    Posted by IShawnPI

Capgeek has the Bruins with $1,030,562 in available cap space.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Fan-In-MD. Show Bruins-Fan-In-MD's posts

1) Ryder 2) Thomas or Savard?  doubt it does Sturm LT injury help with the cpa

The long term injury to Sturm does help as they are now slightly over the cap:

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=5

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: With Stuart in the fold, Somebody ($$$) now has to go : Capgeek has the Bruins with $1,030,562 in available cap space.
    Posted by BruWingFan

Capgeek also has Marchand included in the cap number.  Taking him out (and assuming everything else is correct) leaves the Bruins with just shy of $1.7M to sign Wheeler and Campbell.  Sturm on LTIR may bump that up to effectively $2M, but that's still a tight squeeze, maybe not even enough for Wheeler alone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Sturm going on LTIR would free up a little cap room. More important would be the roster spot. The problem with that is when he comes off LTIR someone has to go. The best replacement is a player that can be sent to Providence without going through waivers. I'd rather see Ryder as the sacrificial lamb.
    Posted by BruWingFan

Me thinks this is what PC is banking on Sturm's LTIR, moving someone during camp probably Hunwick and/or Ference then moving another body when Marco returns in November or December which will be easier salary going down.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jedi33. Show Jedi33's posts

ryder id love to get rid of but being as this isa contract year for him  you know hes acually going to bust his butt trying to earn his next contract so id hold on to him at least untill the trading deadline

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmanning. Show tmmanning's posts

In Response to Re: With Stuart in the fold, Somebody ($$$) now has to go : Capgeek also has Marchand included in the cap number.  Taking him out (and assuming everything else is correct) leaves the Bruins with just shy of $1.7M to sign Wheeler and Campbell.  Sturm on LTIR may bump that up to effectively $2M, but that's still a tight squeeze, maybe not even enough for Wheeler alone.
    Posted by DrCC

That doesnt have seguin or another prospect in there assuming they make the club...and one will.

Ryder has to be waived or Savard traded. I dont know if the Jacobs have approved this years budget yet and allowed the Ryder being waived at providence. If a trade happen PC just doesnt want to get no value for Savard or he'll be burried up to his neck and stoned to death outside the Garden.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

ryder id love to get rid of but being as this isa contract year for him  you know hes acually going to bust his butt trying to earn his next contract so id hold on to him at least untill the trading deadline
    Posted by Jedi33

Might want to check out his performance the last time he had a contract year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from badbruin77. Show badbruin77's posts

1) Ryder 2) Thomas or Savard?  doubt it does Sturm LT injury help with the cpa

i think u we should try to move thomas for anything at this point with the way this is shaping up in all my years following the b's have never seen this much talent in the pipeline if pc and neely do the right thing this will become a a great team for years

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: With Stuart in the fold, Somebody ($$$) now has to go : Might want to check out his performance the last time he had a contract year.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

How about checking his performance?  I don't believe that contract years have anything to do with it.  His career peaked in 2003-2004 and his decline has not been steady, but has had some ups and downs since.

But the fact is, he is on the decline.

There are millions like him, like Shawn Meceachern - 72 pts one year and a downward trend with hills and valleys.

He won't get 30 goals ever again.  I predict 20-25 goals this season, an improvement, but not that much.

Like Wideman, he has that intangible abillity to take the life out of a team.  Critical time, he gets clear to shoot - high and wide or buried in the crest.  Huge let down.  Everybody bums out.

You play - you know that feeling when you work hard and then somebody blows it bad?  That somebody is Ryder.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

With the Wheeler arbitration another buyout window is open for PC. The outcome will likely dictate Ryder's, or another player(s) future with the B's.

Like Mutant posted, if Ryder is waived unconditionally and bought out it would clear up 2.6M in cap space this season, and add 1.3M hit next season.

If he's waived for the purpose of assignment his entire 4M salary would come off the cap. Also, he doesn't necessarily have to go to Providence. The B's could work out assignment with any AHL team who has room for a veteran player. AHL teams have a limit of 5 veteran players dressed per game.