"Bruins want Murphy" is the headline on the ESPN NHL Draft Blog... and they expect him to make the Big Club?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

"Bruins want Murphy" is the headline on the ESPN NHL Draft Blog... and they expect him to make the Big Club?

MINNEAPOLIS -- The New York Rangers had super-skilled D-man Ryan Murphy in for testing and an interview last week. I hope he made the most of his time in the Big Apple and caught a couple of shows, because it's unlikely he'll land on Broadway during Friday's first round.

All reports here indicate he will not get past the Boston Bruins at No. 9. Murphy also made a trip to test and interview with the Bruins, and the word is Peter Chiarelli & Co. came away with everything they wanted to see and hear to not only draft him -- as we suggested in our final mock draft -- but also expect him to be in the lineup at 18 years old.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/blog?name=nhl_draft&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnhl%2fblog%3fname%3dnhl_draft

Ummm, I am not an ESPN insider, but it seems like they are saying that the B's want to draft him AND think that he will make the roster out of training camp?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Re: "Bruins want Murphy" is the headline on the ESPN NHL Draft Blog... and they expect him to make the Big Club?

ESPN covers something other than the NFL and LeBron James?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Re: "Bruins want Murphy" is the headline on the ESPN NHL Draft Blog... and they expect him to make the Big Club?

I would like to see the B's draft Murphy - and we will find out in about four hours!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mik802. Show mik802's posts

hopefully he drops to 9!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Re: "Bruins want Murphy" is the headline on the ESPN NHL Draft Blog... and they expect him to make the Big Club?:
    [QUOTE]ESPN covers something other than the NFL and LeBron James?
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA! Funny, but sadly true.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeBruinsFan. Show LeBruinsFan's posts

I beileve TSN had the B's going after Murphy too.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=369705

Being in the lineup full time? I'd be surprised but he could get used as Seguin did.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

BigPapi you just opened yourself up for another response By NAS . LOL
    Talk to you later tonight .

p.s. your pic better be the Bruins banner come October.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

None of the Boston scribes have presented any history on Murphy, with the only comments being that he is fast, good puck handler, but, on the small side. Today KPD indicates that Chiarelli has put both Ryder and Kaberle on the wait and see list, so Murphy sounds like a viable target.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

BigPapi you just opened yourself up for another response By NAS . LOL
    Talk to you later tonight .

p.s. your pic better be the Bruins banner come October.

I am up for a playful matching of wits!

I promise that I will change my avatar if I can score a ticket to the home opener on 10/06/11.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Like any good Irishmen, you've gotta love the look of a "Murphy" on the back of a Bruins jersey.

If drafted, I highly doubt this kid makes the NHL roster next year (at 170 lbs?).  ESPN saying so almost makes it less likely to happen. 

Let's dial back the posting of repeated links from unreliable websites over and over here...NAS is right on this, they're total garbage and are usually a waste of everyone's time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Think Boston will offer Ryder or Kaberle in a trade with their #9 pick, for a better pick?  Trade partner = New Jersey?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Um, Ryder and Kaberle are free agents in a week. Unless they commit to re-sign with their new team, there's no leverage there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In Response to Re: "Bruins want Murphy" is the headline on the ESPN NHL Draft Blog... and they expect him to make the Big Club?:
    [QUOTE]Think Boston will offer Ryder or Kaberle in a trade with their #9 pick, for a better pick?  Trade partner = New Jersey?
    Posted by olsonstephanie[/QUOTE]

UFA and RFA, so no.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

UFA and RFA, so no.

I think that they are both UFA's:

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=5

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3a4f217178-950a-4342-b2b6-81590707206a&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion:4f217178-950a-4342-b2b6-81590707206aPost:2b36cbde-7584-4344-8278-74a33b07a691">Re: "Bruins want Murphy" is the headline on the ESPN NHL Draft Blog... and they expect him to make the Big Club?:
    [QUOTE]UFA and RFA, so no. I think that they are both UFA's: http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=5
    Posted by Bigpapa1977[/QUOTE]

Marchand is the only important RFA on the roster.