"I want Phaneuf on any team I root for" who said that?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

"I want Phaneuf on any team I root for" who said that?

He's got one for the Bruins tonight.

Why would anyone "want Phaneuf on any team I root for"?

Why?  cap friendly?  performance?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: "I want Phaneuf on any team I root for" who said that?

Nobody on Toronto is playing well these days.  Over the course of his career, Phaneuf has been a good hockey player.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tarpouch. Show tarpouch's posts

And the bruins give it right back. way to go b's. B's heads aren't in this game yet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: "I want Phaneuf on any team I root for" who said that?:
    [QUOTE]Nobody on Toronto is playing well these days.  Over the course of his career, Phaneuf has been a good hockey player.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

His career has been on a downward trajectory.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "I want Phaneuf on any team I root for" who said that? : His career has been on a downward trajectory.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Also, He's the captain and toughguy Dman on the leafs. Yet both of our starting wingers can wipe his face on the floor of the ice at will in a fight. How do you think that makes him feel?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Phanuef early on had great numbers and was allowed to play a wreckless style of game.  He can skate, shoot, hit but I have always disliked him.  He appears smug. 
    No denying his talent.  He is still young in terms of dmen.  Most take time to find their game. 

I just don't like him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Weak move by Phaneuf.  Pretty sad when the guy without the visor removes his helmet and you keep yours on.  Looked like a Subban move.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Don Cherry just called him out.  A REAL PANSY !  and the Leafs fans get on Subban's back... why ?  they have one of their own. 
    Hey Lupul ?  You called out  Subban when he didn't removed his helmet when you have a piece of Sh.. in your own team

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Don Cherry just called him out.  A REAL PANSY !  and the Leafs fans get on Subban's back... why ?  they have one of their own.  Hey Lupul ?  You called out  Subban when he didn't removed his helmet when you have a piece of Sh.. in your own team
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

To be fair, Lupul was bent because Subban suckered him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "I want Phaneuf on any team I root for" who said that? : His career has been on a downward trajectory.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    Phaneuf has been very good the last 20 or so games.  He had a pretty serious leg injury (horrible looking scar) earlier in the year.

He plays 25+ minutes a game, big hits, some scoring and good defense overall.

He's not worth 6.5 million, but if you watch the games you'd noticed more of the old Phaneuf in the last 15+ games.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

And Phaneuf is NOT a fighter, never has been.

I know there's a real hate for Dion in Bruinland but most Leaf fans are really liking his game lately.

6.5 million worth? No, but it's not my money.....lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "I want Phaneuf on any team I root for" who said that? : Phaneuf has been very good the last 20 or so games.  He had a pretty serious leg injury (horrible looking scar) earlier in the year. He plays 25+ minutes a game, big hits, some scoring and good defense overall. He's not worth 6.5 million, but if you watch the games you'd noticed more of the old Phaneuf in the last 15+ games.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

Alright then don't accept to fight , the same way he didn't with Chara.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Last year when Lucic "sort of" backed down from Orr midway through a fight it was headlines for 2 weeks in Laff land even though lucic is a player and Orr is a goon.  Celina runs away form Chara and keeps his helmet and visor on after Horton took his off.  Absolutely gutless.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "I want Phaneuf on any team I root for" who said that? : Alright then don't accept to fight , the same way he didn't with Chara.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    Don't think he wanted to fight; but Horton kept chirping and was trying to goat him into it.  If you watched the fight in the replay it appeared Horton said something near the end that got Phaneuf riled up and Phaneuf pushed the ref away and away they went.

I think it was lame that he didn't take his helmet off, but I don't like Horton so I was happy to see him get dropped.