"Price" not the same goalie

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: "Price" not the same goalie

Auld is a very good back up. He seems to have hot streaks at least 1x a season regardless of what team he is on. If I remember him from his time here he has some really big pads and sits in the net and uses his size well.

Carey failing is typical and good for the B's. Hopefully the habnot fans turn on him and destroy his confidence again this year. I just hope that the backup doesnt turn into Halak for them inthe playoffs agian this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Auld was nothing short of solid when he was here. That was the year when we had kind of a goaltending carrousel. If it weren't for Rask, the B's definitely would have re-signed him based on what he ended up getting in free agency.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

I agree with both of you. I for one did not like it when I heard the habs signed him.
    Hopefully they don't start playing him more, unless he cools off.

It's almost amazing that he has played so well seeing spot duty only. Thats called top notch back up goaltending (for now anyways) will have to wait and see if he can keep it up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

pauly,

take Chara and Seids out of our lineup and see what the B's goalies would be like.  Losing Gorges is massive.  He is very under rated.  Markov has been a bandaid but still a quality defender when playing.   You lose two guys and others have to step it up.  Their backend isnt a bunch of household names.  They also are missing a few compenents up front. 

Price has been very good this year.   W/O Price they would be battling the likes of Toronto/NYI. 

Price in my eyes is behind Crosby for the MVP.  TT has been outstanding but he has a much better team in front of him...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: "Price" not the same goalie:
    [QUOTE]Price in my eyes is behind Crosby for the MVP.  TT has been outstanding but he has a much better team in front of him...
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Wow...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]pauly, take Chara and Seids out of our lineup and see what the B's goalies would be like.  Losing Gorges is massive.  He is very under rated.  Markov has been a bandaid but still a quality defender when playing.   You lose two guys and others have to step it up.  Their backend isnt a bunch of household names.  They also are missing a few compenents up front.  Price has been very good this year.   W/O Price they would be battling the likes of Toronto/NYI.  Price in my eyes is behind Crosby for the MVP.  TT has been outstanding but he has a much better team in front of him...
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE] A month ago I would have agreed with you on this (sort of). My best friend is a habs fan so I watch a lot of there games. Markov has been out pretty much all year and that never effected Prices play and Gorges is not the guy letting in bad goals when the game is on the line.
    I can see that he is still playing well, but the point I'm trying to make is that he has slipped a little.
    As far as key components up front what injuries have they had (this past month) as far as two way forwards. A couple games here and a couple games there doesn't really count does it? every team has that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

As hard as it is to defend the Habs i'm with shup they're doing fairly well without Markov and Georges. Now having said that I have no sympathy for their injuries after what the Bruins went through last year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

price ..rask...i hate that on your knees praying style they have and watch closely and you will see the same ugly goals go in....butterfly is one thing but prayer style on your knees...scary and both price and rask are just that...scary

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

dc-

take Price outta that lineup and the habs are in the basement.  when the team was struggling early he saved their bacon.  when you are forced to insert guys on the back end its not a good thing.  a fwd in the NHL is one thing.  but playing defense is the hardest on the ice.

Injuries are a part of the game but when you take their 2 best dmen out it has a massive trickle down...

MVP- to their team.  Yeah he is even ahead of TT.  The Bruins would still win games b/c of depth.  The Habs dont have that. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]dc- take Price outta that lineup and the habs are in the basement.  when the team was struggling early he saved their bacon.  when you are forced to insert guys on the back end its not a good thing.  a fwd in the NHL is one thing.  but playing defense is the hardest on the ice. Injuries are a part of the game but when you take their 2 best dmen out it has a massive trickle down... MVP- to their team.  Yeah he is even ahead of TT.  The Bruins would still win games b/c of depth.  The Habs dont have that. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE] I think you just varified what I'm trying to say (when the team was struggling EARLY he saved there bacon) the habs pitts game last night was typical of what I'm saying, 2 highlight real saves followed up by 2 bad ones (game over). 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Shup,
    take thomas off this team and where do you think they are?  3 of his 4 losses the B's were shut out, he leads the league in all catagories, he stolen more then his share of wins this season..

Price wouldn't win the Vezina, why would he be ahead of thomas for the Hart??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]As hard as it is to defend the Habs i'm with shup they're doing fairly well without Markov and Georges. Now having said that I have no sympathy for their injuries after what the Bruins went through last year.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE] Hey dog have you watched many hab games lately, this wisniewski looks like the real deal. He's above average defensively and a serious threat on offence. Looks like the real deal.

Wisniewski   3,250,000        cap hit
    Gorges         1,100,000        Bargain

By the way, I always enjoy reading your posts. Don't let it go to your head though LOL.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

OMG PRYCE IS TEH MVPEE

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

yeah ...take thomas out of the bruins lineup and see where we are..man people forget fast...stats are for losers by the way

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Are You Kidding ME!!!!

Carey Price has played tremendous this year!!!Putting aside my man crush on him, Does he have a bona-fide d-man?? No Markov, Gorges just went out for the year oh wait he does have Hal Gill...Nevermind the the fact about being in the most pressure position (Montreal goalie) in all of pro sports he also had the pressure of the Halak trade too. Has he let in a few softies, sure. So has everyone else including Thomas. Have the Bruins beat him this year???

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: "Price" not the same goalie:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "Price" not the same goalie : Hey dog have you watched many hab games lately, this wisniewski looks like the real deal. He's above average defensively and a serious threat on offence. Looks like the real deal. Wisniewski   3,250,000        cap hit Gorges         1,100,000        Bargain By the way, I always enjoy reading your posts. Don't let it go to your head though LOL.Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

I have watched allot of Montreal games so I can cheer for separation in the standings from thr Bruins. Opponents are getting much better looks in the slot against Price.

Wisniewski does look good offensively yes you're right but he gets burned allot on the defensive end. Cheers to your posts as well!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]Are You Kidding ME!!!! Carey Price has played tremendous this year!!!Putting aside my man crush on him, Does he have a bona-fide d-man?? No Markov, Gorges just went out for the year oh wait he does have Hal Gill...Nevermind the the fact about being in the most pressure position (Montreal goalie) in all of pro sports he also had the pressure of the Halak trade too. Has he let in a few softies, sure. So has everyone else including Thomas. Have the Bruins beat him this year???
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE] I'm quite happy to see we have struck the nerve of a hab fan. His play has declined and you no it. Thats why you are on here with your little rant. Good luck with making the playoffs your goalie is no longer carrying you.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

last year..13-20-5

This Year..21-15-3-9.19

Your right..

"Price" is not the same goalie this year

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]last year..13-20-5 This Year..21-15-3-9.19 Your right.. "Price" is not the same goalie this year
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE] Last year he was halaks b#tch, By the way our goalie has a 19/4/6...946 record, and your goalie has a 21/15/3...919. Don't come on this site bragging about your goaltending. The bruins have the top goaltender in the world and there backup is second to none. Your not in our league boy. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Was Thomas last year Rasks B#tch???
    Was he Ryan Millers B#tch???

Seems to me the top goaltender in world wouldn't be the back up for team U.S.A..unless your calling him that based on a half season..lol

I love Timmy Thomas and he is having a great season so far by all standards but for me Tuuka is the better goaltender.
    If the Olympics were starting tomorrow Ryan Miller would be the starting goalie.
    Thomas wouldn't even be on Canadas roster.
    Luongo
    Fleury
    Ward..not even getting to Brodeur or Price

You don't know enough about hockey to get angeged in a forum battle with me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ryan Miller ? he's having one of the worst seasons he's had in four years. He would not start if the Olympics were this year even Jonathan Quick would be ahead of Miller on the US depth chart.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Some bone heads no nothing about impending off season surgury.

If these uninformed people would get there sh#t together it would save a alot of grief for everyone.

By the way Miller was Rasks b#tch last year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Sorry folks.  The homer glasses are blinding some of you. 

1st off.  I was always behind TT and wanted him in a few games last year in the playoffs.  GM 5 against philly would have been TT. 

And I am not trying to take anything away from what TT is doing.  His numbers are staggering this year.  But the MVP is the award for the person most valuable to their respective team.  Now I know voting is a joke.  But Price has been outstanding and his team would be in 14th spot w/o him.  I don't think the B's would be in the same situation. 

Montreal's defense is hardly a solid NHL cal. defense.  Gorges/Markov are both top 4 dmen. 

I have no problem rooting on the home team.  But at least make an objective comment. 
    Also, its the 1/2 way mark.  Lots of time for someone to make a stand as the dominant goalie.  But right now I concede that TT and Price will be up for the Vezina. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry folks.  The homer glasses are blinding some of you.  1st off.  I was always behind TT and wanted him in a few games last year in the playoffs.  GM 5 against philly would have been TT.  And I am not trying to take anything away from what TT is doing.  His numbers are staggering this year.  But the MVP is the award for the person most valuable to their respective team.  Now I know voting is a joke.  But Price has been outstanding and his team would be in 14th spot w/o him.  I don't think the B's would be in the same situation.  Montreal's defense is hardly a solid NHL cal. defense.  Gorges/Markov are both top 4 dmen.  I have no problem rooting on the home team.  But at least make an objective comment.  Also, its the 1/2 way mark.  Lots of time for someone to make a stand as the dominant goalie.  But right now I concede that TT and Price will be up for the Vezina. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE] I truly respect your opinions, but IMO you are so  lost in your opinion of price, it's almost laughable.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Pauly,

What part? break it down.  Name any goalie outside of TT that would challenge Price for the Vezina?  Is that so far lost.  I hate the Habs. But i know when I look at their roster and what he has done the 1st part of the year.

I mean TT lets in 5 tonight.  I don't blame him for the OT loss against the Habs but many do. Its gotta be hard being a goalie.  Goat last year.  World beater this year. 

We only have opinions but I am pretty sure Price would be up for the Vezina.  As for the MVP I believe it would likely be 3 of 4
    Lidstrom/Crosby/Stamkos/TT

In my opnion though as we have seen in the past awards are a popularity contest.  Not that Sid doesnt deserve to win. 

I will end by saying that I am thankful we held onto TT.  Were you supporting him last year like I was or did you rip him and want him dealt for a bag of pucks?