"The Way We Were" - When the Playoffs started.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

"The Way We Were" - When the Playoffs started.

Winning cures all.

We can look back now and laugh...but many of "us" shared the same sentiments with the same intensity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLHtQAIF2l0

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Re: "The Way We Were" - When the Playoffs started.

Hilarious! I'm still laughing!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Thanks for the chuckle !!!.....Can hardly wait for the puck to drop again, and with a lil luck and good play, we will be there again next June !  PS : really interested this fall to see how the few roster spots play out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Get your Seguin Maple Leaf Jersey's now!" LoL!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Very funny ! Julien being stubborn .............and getting fired by the Devils.....the 4th line.......... Hitler had the same responses as a lot of the future NHL coaches on this board had all season long. 

After watching that I think a few of our regulars should be crawling in a hole with embarrassment. 

And just a reminder to Hitler and the gang from Boston.com :

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

It's like being coached by Stalin"  Bwwwaaaaaahahahahaha!!! This made my day....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

hitler calling ulfy a pr!ck is priceless.

"while other teams have their crosby's, i got excited over glen murray"
    bahahahahaha!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

There were critics on every player and tons of facets. They couldn't win big games. They couldn't win game 7's. They couldn't win in OT. They couldn't beat speedy teams. Claude is an awful coach. The list goes on.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

i wanna say something funny... but i can't stop laughing. nice. and thanks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: "The Way We Were" - When the Playoffs started.:
    [QUOTE]There were critics on every player and tons of facets. They couldn't win big games. They couldn't win game 7's. They couldn't win in OT. They couldn't beat speedy teams. Claude is an awful coach. The list goes on.
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing[/QUOTE]

The sad thing is, a lot of everyone's complaints weren't that terribly unreasonable.  And if not for a lucky bounce here or a couple OT breaks there, the B's could just as easily have been playing golf after the Montreal series, 1/3 of them could be traded by now, Claude and PC would be applying for jobs in Winnipeg, and everyone who made these complaints would still be saying, "I told ya so."

Let's not get toooo smug.

I'm sure glad it worked out the way it did, though. Laughing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

That was a classic.  Whomever wrote it nailed it.  Thanks for posting, Wheats.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bochi6. Show bochi6's posts

HAHA, I got excited for Glen Murray

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In Response to Re: "The Way We Were" - When the Playoffs started.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: "The Way We Were" - When the Playoffs started. : The sad thing is, a lot of everyone's complaints weren't that terribly unreasonable.  And if not for a lucky bounce here or a couple OT breaks there, the B's could just as easily have been playing golf after the Montreal series, 1/3 of them could be traded by now, Claude and PC would be applying for jobs in Winnipeg, and everyone who made these complaints would still be saying, "I told ya so." Let's not get toooo smug. I'm sure glad it worked out the way it did, though.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Very true. It's amazing what the win did for our typical defeatist psyche, though. I don't think it's being smug, but I certainly don't feel that criticisms have much bite at the moment. Not because they "proved everyone wrong", but merely because the Cup run hit home the idea that teams need luck, pluck and health in order to actually win the darn thing.

We'll still have complaints next season, thinking that Julien should be doing more to maximize his team's chances, but overall it'll be hard to ever think that his actions are *preventing* his team from succeeding.

Gonna be an interesting dynamic...

Oh, and the other Hitler vid that always gets me is the one ranting against Tomorrowland at Disney World. Classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bGIvpYp_uk&feature=related