"u.s. a"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

"u.s. a"

??????
     what's next, "Beat L.A."?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: "u.s. a"

Beat LA would be referring to basketball.  USA is referring to the city of Boston (in the USA) having a hockey team kick the tar out of a hockey team from Montreal (in Canada).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Some Bruins fans are stupid. 

The Habs are out-Americaning the B's 6-1 tonight.

Habs:
    Gomez
    Gionta
    Halpern
    Gill
    Mara
    Wisniewski

B's:
    Thomas

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

thank u capt. obvious (nas).
    there ARE players on the habs from u.s.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Time for a new chant

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It's not a reference to the nationality of the players, obviously.

Boston is in the US.  Montreal is in Canada.  The team from the US is pounding the team from Canada.

USA USA USA

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

It bugs me too actuaually, and usually Im not bugged by stupid things like this.  However, the Bruins have more players who arent American than are, and it is a bit disrespectful.  I wish theyd just chant "BOSSS-TOON!" or something.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

It is a stupid chant never understood it for boston and montreal for reasons stated above in this thread

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rinkratpicks. Show rinkratpicks's posts

I can't stand the 'USA' chant either. It reminds me of the so called hockey fans up here come playoff time. They'll cheer for any canadian team and when you ask them why, they'll say I don't want a team from the USA to win. Bugs the crap out of me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

USA okay fine.....but why ole ole ole?!?!?!? even if it was mocking them.

I was soooooo waiting for a na na na na....hey hey hey!!!!

At about the 10 min mark of the SECOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

The USA chant is fine.  It's obviously not being directed at the players themselves, but rather the Canadiens franchise and its fans.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In Response to Re: "u.s. a":
    [QUOTE]It's not a reference to the nationality of the players, obviously. Boston is in the US.  Montreal is in Canada.  The team from the US is pounding the team from Canada. USA USA USA
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    obviously. a US team beats a team form Canada. woop de do.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

ya i'm sure the usa chant really jacks up our best players.  and after all thats what chants are for no?  it is a little stupid, i've never heard a ca na da chant.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

but there could be so many better, more relevant chants...  I don't know, but some ideas:

"Get well Maxi Pad"

7-0 there could have been a "touchdown" chant

"We want Auld" would have been good

didn't hear one mock cheer for Price making a routine save.

I think "Thank you Carey" when Auld came in would have been good.

Sooo-ban   Sooo-ban  Sooo-ban

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I'm a big Bruin fan. And the USA chant bugged me. I didn't like it. I thought that was saved for International events, not across the border stuff. I did like the Ole Ole one though. That really thumbs it back at the Hab fans back home. I KNOW they were listening !!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

It irks the fans of the Les Scabs. Therefore, I like it!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Ya didnt care for it, but I knew what they meant. How do you think it makes our Canadien players feel?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]Ya didnt care for it, but I knew what they meant. How do you think it makes our Canadien players feel?
    Posted by bgrif008[/QUOTE]

I don't think the players care one way or the other.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

It's a dumb chant. Makes sense when the US National team is playing, but not in the NHL, when Americans make up a vast minority of every single NHL club.

But when you're winning 5-0 at the time, I think fans can chant what they want.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]It's a dumb chant. Makes sense when the US National team is playing, but not in the NHL, when Americans make up a vast minority of every single NHL club. But when you're winning 5-0 at the time, I think fans can chant what they want.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

I think you, and most people and probably 100% of Montreal fans, look at this totally wrong. I look at it as a fan to fan chant. There's a little humour built in there, you see. Boston fans are quite capable of being clever.  Bruins fans are from the USA (mostly) and Canadiens fans are from Canada (mostly), which is now a subsidiary of the US but that's neither here nor there :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "u.s. a" : I think you, and most people and probably 100% of Montreal fans, look at this totally wrong. I look at it as a fan to fan chant. There's a little humour built in there, you see. Boston fans are quite capable of being clever.  Bruins fans are from the USA (mostly) and Canadiens fans are from Canada (mostly), which is now a subsidiary of the US but that's neither here nor there :)
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

I don't think there's a "right" and "wrong" way to look at it. I just don't think NHL games are very political.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "u.s. a" : I don't think there's a "right" and "wrong" way to look at it. I just don't think NHL games are very political.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

It's not political. It's simply a fun chant from a bunch of Americans at a sporting event to bother a bunch of Canadians. It seems obvious to me and I don't understand why most people miss this. No sense of humour, I guess.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "u.s. a" : It's not political. It's simply a fun chant from a bunch of Americans at a sporting event to bother a bunch of Canadians. It seems obvious to me and I don't understand why most people miss this. No sense of humour, I guess.
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

It is a "fun" chant, and I have no issue with it.  But people don't "miss" it, they just don't see it the same way as you do.

I'm not offended by it. I don't think it should be stopped. It's not a big deal, and I hope there's no "outrage" (the most overused word these days in the English language, and probably French, too). I just personally find it dumb, and I told you why.  Apparantly, I'm not alone, and some Bruins fans see it likewise. But like I said, at 5-0, people can chant what they want.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

It's a dumb chant when it's not an international match.

It adds fuel to the fire for the idiots that like to boo national anthems.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

The USA chant is stupid.

Why do we not hear it when the B's are playing any of the other 5 Canadian teams at home?  Because it's a misplaced target put on a hockey team that plays in Montreal and uses the moniker CanadiEns.  Man I wish they would be forced to change their name.  If they were called the Maroons, would we still hear this chant?  

I think some Bruins fans get confused with the Habs name.  Canadien is very different than Canadian and when they get lumped together as if they are the same thing, it just isn't right.  Lots of hab fans are separatists anyway so this chant means nothing to those aholes.