My top 5 of all time...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: My top 5 of all time...

Well, we profanity free until you said "Leafs"....

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

If there was no Orr, Bourque would be the preeminent name for defenseman.   

If there was no Orr, Brad Park would have had 6 or 7 Norris trophies and all of a sudden the whole conversation changes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Bourque has it on Lidstrom in every category.   

Not Stanley Cups.  And yes, I'm aware of that all-star team that won a Cup in Denver in Ray's last season after he bailed on the B's.

Not a shot at Bourque, who deserved better, but Lidstrom was the anchor of an outstanding, Cup winning, mini-dynasty.  That's probably the one thing he has over Bourque.  The rest of your comparisons I agree with largely.  Bourque is filet, Lidstrom is NY Prime.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Bourque has it on Lidstrom in every category.   

Not Stanley Cups.  And yes, I'm aware of that all-star team that won a Cup in Denver in Ray's last season after he bailed on the B's.

Not a shot at Bourque, who deserved better, but Lidstrom was the anchor of an outstanding, Cup winning, mini-dynasty.  That's probably the one thing he has over Bourque.  The rest of your comparisons I agree with largely.  Bourque is filet, Lidstrom is NY Prime.

This is not Ray's fault that B's management surrounded him with the "5 nickels is better than a quarter" team philosophy. The bottom line is Bourque won 5 Norris trophies without playing on an all-star team or mini-dynasty as you put it, he was that good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Got to agree with BadHab here.....Orr and Gretzky. The rest....meh.

I don't have Gretzky - Orr alone.

+124 - I'll rest my hat on that.

As near as I can come to aknowledging Wayne, I would easily say the best forward of all time, but Orr is the best player.  Orr controlled the whole game.

Nicklas Lidstrom +450

kel, Orr was +124 for a single season.  +597 career - and probably over +600 but they didn't keep that stat for his rookie season.

i know, I was just looking at Lidstroms and knew it was up there. both very impressive, but when it comes to d-man Orr is by himself then the rest can be debated. But for someone to suggest Lidstrom couldnt hold Bourques jock strap is ridiculous. It be just as ridiculous the other way as well. Tells me RWTK doesnt know anything about hockey.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Got to agree with BadHab here.....Orr and Gretzky. The rest....meh.

I don't have Gretzky - Orr alone.

+124 - I'll rest my hat on that.

As near as I can come to aknowledging Wayne, I would easily say the best forward of all time, but Orr is the best player.  Orr controlled the whole game.

Nicklas Lidstrom +450

kel, Orr was +124 for a single season.  +597 career - and probably over +600 but they didn't keep that stat for his rookie season.

i know, I was just looking at Lidstroms and knew it was up there. both very impressive, but when it comes to d-man Orr is by himself then the rest can be debated. But for someone to suggest Lidstrom couldnt hold Bourques jock strap is ridiculous. It be just as ridiculous the other way as well. Tells me RWTK doesnt know anything about hockey.

That is a pretty strong statement.