10/03/13 Game 1: Lightning-Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

10/03/13 Game 1: Lightning-Bruins

http://stats.boston.com/nhl/preview.asp?g=2013100301&home=1&vis=20

"Carl Söderberg not on the ice again today. To be expected, since he's on IR (ankle) since hitting a rut in the ice in Saskatoon. Jordan Caron in Söderberg's spot on the left wing with Chris Kelly and Reilly Smith on the right.

Projected lines for tonight, per AM skate: Lucic-Krejci-Iginla, Marchand-Bergeron-Eriksson, Caron-Kelly-Smith, Paille-Campbell-Thornton.

Defense pairs during rushes: Chara-Boychuk, Seidenberg-Hamilton, Krug-McQuaid. Bartkowski rotating in ^CS"

It's Gameday!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Re: 10/03/13 Game 1: Lightning-Bruins

The puck cannot drop soon enough.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Cant wait.  I dont see TBay making the playoffs.  Im predicting 4-2 win.  Iggy with 2.  Love that man. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I'm ready.  Very ready.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@TheBruinsBlog

"Lindback in net for @TBLightning. So we have a Sweden vs. Finland goalie battle."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Hey Tampa

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The bruins have more depth and capability than last year. However they still have Claude who most agree has earned his job, but[ we discussed " but" last year] but Claude has never been quick to change, and until he puts Thornton on the pine, this team will not present it's best lineup. This viewer also feels that Bartkowski "earned" the starting job, even playing better than three of Claude's veterans. Let's see how soon some of us can critique Claude's lack of innovation.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

The bruins have more depth and capability than last year. However they still have Claude who most agree has earned his job, but[ we discussed " but" last year] but Claude has never been quick to change, and until he puts Thornton on the pine, this team will not present it's best lineup. This viewer also feels that Bartkowski "earned" the starting job, even playing better than three of Claude's veterans. Let's see how soon some of us can critique Claude's lack of innovation.

The 3rd line question looms large as well.  Gotta try the young guns at some pt.  i like the upside to the 3rd line.  Last year it stunk.  

i think our back end should be fun to watch.  3 kids playing for 2 spots.  Really looking fwd to both top lines.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

" Let's see how soon some of us can critique Claude's lack of innovation."

Is it 2 or 3 losses in a row ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The bruins have more depth and capability than last year.

Agreed.  I completely dissagree with the rest.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I'm really looking forward to watching this lineup.  I want to see Smith in real games, and see those top-2 lines taking it to opponents.  Possibly the best 1 through 6 in the league.  Krug is also a joy to watch, and with Iginla we could see some fun on the PP.  I'm curious to see if Hamilton's brain game has improved.  If it catches up to his body, he'll be a monster.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hamilton's a smart kid, but you can't teach hockey sense.  Actually, I take that back.  You can teach anything, but if a guy doesn't have an aptitude, there's only so fast you can make progress. 

On some things, Hamilton has great hockey sense.  PP QB stuff, he has some great instincts on when to shoot, how to shoot (try to score, try to get it through, hammer it, wrist it, high, low etc.), where to go with the pass that creates an A1 chance etc.  Two places where he really needs to have some sort of breakthrough mentally are when to sneak up back door or, really, just when to move deep into the attacking zone, and when to go for the hit.  He initiated some great collisions last year, but he also got stuck deciding if he was going to go or not, and he often went and left the Bruins exposed because of it.  Less is more, son.  Watch how often Chara throws a big, collision hit.  He rubs guys out.  He takes the physical toll when it's part of playing the position effectively.  He wears guys out because they're trying to knock down a brick wall with their bodies.  Lots of ways to be physically punishing in hockey.

Are you not entertained?!?!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Oh, yeah...

LET'S GO, BRU-INS!!!

I was an Iginla sceptic when it was about making a trade for him, so now I'm hoping to be proven completely and utterly wrong.  I didn't want them to trade Seguin, but, you know, I really like the potential of that line to be the best all-around line in hockey with Eriksson in Seguin's old spot.  At least the most evenly balanced, high-level line.  I'm curious about Krug, because he was exposed at times vs. the faster and more defensively skilled Hawks, but I liked his ability to play defense when he was playing defense even at that Cup finals level of intensity.  I want to see more, and I'm hopeful that he's Brian Rafalski (Livonia and Deerborn are less than 20 minutes apart; both are undrafted NCAA defensemen; they're an inch apart in height and about 20lbs apart in weight (Krug being lighter, shorter).  I'm curious if this year's 3rd line is the end of last year's problems with the 3rd line.

In short, bring it on! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i hope this team does well this year, it should be fun to watch. 2 top lines...one question mark line... and one of the best nhl 4th lines,  deep and solid d-men, and a top 5-10 goalie in the league should produce quite a few wins. can't wait for puck drop, work tommorow will suck. go bruins   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Goalie better be top 3 or 4 or we'll never shut Shupe up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"I'm curious if this year's 3rd line is the end of last year's problems with the 3rd line."

Yah really like the top 6 but again the 3rd line is the "?". Not a bad thing to know your skilled forwards, goaltending and defenseman are rock solid.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

The Bruins better be careful.  TB has this guy...

...I mean, this guy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

I want to see how Eriksson and Iginla look . As well as Smith. 

GO Bruins!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

Lets get it on!! welcome back all and Hope we have a great Run and here's to health and the Cup!....Cheers

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

My one and only prediction for this year...Marchand scores first goal of season

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

My one and only prediction for this year...Marchand scores first goal of season

Can we call him the rat lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Goalie better be top 3 or 4 or we'll never shut Shupe up.

Top 3-4?   Hes paid top goalie money.  Meaning he better be top goalie and for 8 yrs. Lol  I promise i wont go that direction.  And will commend him on every outstanding effort.  I will be interested to see how many games he gets in.  60-65 is my guess.   I want him to be outstanding, i was surprised when he wasnt on the top 50 list as voted by coaches n gms.  

As for Hamilton, i believe i was ripped a new one this time last year when i questioned his make up.  I thought he was just good at the world juniors....i wanted to see great, his quick start fooled some last year.  It didnt with me.  My hope is he plays a lot of key minutes all year and gets better.  So much talent.  I worry about his ability to play well and do it game in game out....and in huge situations.  Trouba was outstanding the other night.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

The Bruins better be careful.  TB has this guy...

...I mean, this guy.

And stevie y wants goons gone?  Is he not the worst player in the nhl?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

And stevie y wants goons gone?  Is he not the worst player in the nhl?

Perhaps running neck and neck with John Scott, shupe.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

GO BRUINS!!!