$1,500 for a Habs game?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

$1,500 for a Habs game?

That's what some scalpers are getting for an $80 ticket for tomorrow's Montreal/Winnipeg game. I know it's the first game back, but I never paid anyhere near that much to go to the Olympics or the Stanley Cup finals.

And it's the Jets (who as much as it pains, will likely be cellar dwellers this season) and the Scabs, who couldn't even score against the Leafs.

Those are insane prices, and the people that are paying that are out of their minds.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: $1,500 for a Habs game?

Money well spent to see Carey Price.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: $1,500 for a Habs game?:
    [QUOTE]Money well spent to see Carey Price.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    Kel, I'm being sincere when I ask what it is about Price that makes you like him above the rest of the league's goalies? I get that he's a great young tender but you've got to admit yourself, there aren't a whole lot of folks who live in your area that choose a Hab as their favourite player. What's the deal?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Great question Dez. The love affair dates back to his junior days. I grew up a huge Patrick Roy fan, as a goalie I appreciate Carey's talent, his technique, throws in a little showmanship (see video). When Roy was dealt he took the mystique with him, I've said since Carey was drafted, he will put that back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLgAq_Dfv7Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR7kSPeuiiU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIj7XmBykLY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEaDz3PHe4Y&feature=related

If you can watch these and not be a fan after, well then, I feel bad for you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]Great question Dez. The love affair dates back to his junior days. I grew up a huge Patrick Roy fan, as a goalie I appreciate Carey's talent, his technique, throws in a little showmanship (see video). When Roy was dealt he took the mystique with him, I've said since Carey was drafted, he will put that back. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLgAq_Dfv7Q http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR7kSPeuiiU&feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIj7XmBykLY&feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEaDz3PHe4Y&feature=related If you can watch these and not be a fan after, well then, I feel bad for you.
    So your a Hab goalie lover ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Great question Dez. The love affair dates back to his junior days. I grew up a huge Patrick Roy fan, as a goalie I appreciate Carey's talent, his technique, throws in a little showmanship (see video). When Roy was dealt he took the mystique with him, I've said since Carey was drafted, he will put that back. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLgAq_Dfv7Q http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR7kSPeuiiU&feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIj7XmBykLY&feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEaDz3PHe4Y&feature=related If you can watch these and not be a fan after, well then, I feel bad for you.
    I grew up hating Roy only because of how damn good he was. Fortunately, the Bourque/Neely Bruins were one of the few teams that had his number.
    For the record, I predicted last summer that the Habs would deal Halak and keep Price. It was shortly after Montreal's long run with Halak in goal so most folks said I was crazy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Never liked
    Theodore, Hackett,Huet, Halak, Hayward,Vokuon,Penny,Thibault,Aebischer,Auld,Dannis,Garon, Jablonski,Chabot,Racicot,Melanson,J.C Bergeron,Soeteart...

No, I'm a Carey price fan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Never liked Theodore, Hackett,Huet, Halak, Hayward,Vokuon,Penny,Thibault,Aebischer,Auld,Dannis,Garon, Jablonski,Chabot,Racicot,Melanson,J.C Bergeron,Soeteart... No, I'm a Carey price fan.
    You're probably not old enough to remember what Steve Penny did to us when I was in junior high school.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'm 36 and it was my first year watching the bruins, I remember it. He came out of nowhere...I always remember the Bruins battling back to tie it and then getting a penalty only to burned by Mats Naslund/Bobby Smith etc...I miss Fred Cusiks voice.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I'm 36 and it was my first year watching the bruins, I remember it. He came out of nowhere...I always remember the Bruins battling back to tie it and then getting a penalty only to burned by Mats Naslund/Bobby Smith etc...I miss Fred Cusiks voice.
    I was crushed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: $1,500 for a Habs game? : So your a Hab goalie lover ?
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

You can be a Bruins fan, and still be a fan of players from other teams, can you not?

I've always thought that Yzerman was an incredible player, even when he was lighting up the Canucks (OK, maybe not at that EXACT moment, but..); and wouldn't you guys love to see Kesler in black & gold?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I don't think I've ever met a Bruins fan who would't want to see Iginla in Black and Gold. You can admire other players for sure.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: $1,500 for a Habs game? : You can be a Bruins fan, and still be a fan of players from other teams, can you not? I've always thought that Yzerman was an incredible player, even when he was lighting up the Canucks (OK, maybe not at that EXACT moment, but..); and wouldn't you guys love to see Kesler in black & gold?
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]
    No. I think he's one of the leagues's most overrated players. The finals didn't change my mind about him. Iginla-YES.......Kesler-NO for me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: $1,500 for a Habs game? : You can be a Bruins fan, and still be a fan of players from other teams, can you not? I've always thought that Yzerman was an incredible player, even when he was lighting up the Canucks (OK, maybe not at that EXACT moment, but..); and wouldn't you guys love to see Kesler in black & gold?
    I can appreciate players for their talent that don't wear Black and Gold, i just have a hard time if that player is a Hab. I can say the same for the Nucks now and that never used to be the case. There is one Hab player i sort of like and that is Scott Gomez because he makes $ 7 mil a year and does nothing. Now thats my type of Hab.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i would love to see kessler on the bruins

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: $1,500 for a Habs game? : i would love to see kessler on the bruins
    Posted by bostonfan191646[/QUOTE]
    Many fans share your opinion. I'm just not one of them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You know what's interesting?

BOSTON BRUINS HOCKEY

Red, please.  If you want to be a Jets fan, talk about the Jets with Jets fans.  We are Bruins fans.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]You know what's interesting? BOSTON BRUINS HOCKEY Red, please.  If you want to be a Jets fan, talk about the Jets with Jets fans.  We are Bruins fans.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I know, but it's the start of the season after 15 years. They keep playing like they did tonight, and I'll get over it very quickly.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: $1,500 for a Habs game? : I know, but it's the start of the season after 15 years. They keep playing like they did tonight, and I'll get over it very quickly.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

No, it's the start of the season after winning the Cup.

A terrible team moved to a city that has been dormant for 15 years.  It couldn't be less interesting.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I grew up hating Roy because he came off like a spoiled brat who turned into an arrogant prik.  Price comes off the same at times, which makes me really dislike him for now.  I will admit there are times when he looks like he could be a SERIOUS goalie in this league, and I think if he had a better team in front of him, he could/would be in the Vezina running every year, and possibly been to a cup final by now.  Scary to think what he could do if he were in Detroit, Boston, Buffalo, Vancouver, San Jose, etc., and not the toilet bowl that is Hab land.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: $1,500 for a Habs game? : No. I think he's one of the leagues's most overrated players. The finals didn't change my mind about him. Iginla-YES.......Kesler-NO for me.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I think you're 100% wrong. Sorry Dez. I don't think Kessler is at all overrated. He had some significant injuries that he was playing through during the finals. If he had been healthy, I don't want to think about what the outcome could have been.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: $1,500 for a Habs game? : I think you're 100% wrong. Sorry Dez. I don't think Kessler is at all overrated. He had some significant injuries that he was playing through during the finals. If he had been healthy, I don't want to think about what the outcome could have been.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]
    Lamda, I realize my opinion places me in the minority.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: $1,500 for a Habs game? : You can be a Bruins fan, and still be a fan of players from other teams, can you not?

Players from other teams?  Yes.  Players from the Habs?  No.    ;-)