17+19+37+46+63=0

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

17+19+37+46+63=0

Your best players need to be your best players.  This group has 1 crummy assist (Bergeron) in 4 games in the series.  Nowhere near good enough.

That's 20 GP:
    0 goals
    1 assist
    1 point
    +/-: -3

Heck, Thornton is 0-0-0 for the series as well, but at least he is a +1.

They need to find it soon.

Go B's!!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: 17+19+37+46+63=0

posted by Fluto Shinzawa, Globe Staff April 20, 2012 01:07 PM

"The Bruins are starting practice with significant changes up front. Today’s lineup:

Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Brian Rolston
    Daniel Paille-Patrice Bergeron-Rich Peverley
    Jordan Caron/Benoit Pouliot-Chris Kelly-Tyler Seguin
    Brad Marchand-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton"

I don't understand why Julien would touch the 3rd line it has been the Bs best...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In Response to Re: 17+19+37+46+63=0:
    [QUOTE]posted by Fluto Shinzawa, Globe Staff April 20, 2012 01:07 PM "The Bruins are starting practice with significant changes up front. Today’s lineup: Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Brian Rolston Daniel Paille-Patrice Bergeron-Rich Peverley Jordan Caron/Benoit Pouliot-Chris Kelly-Tyler Seguin Brad Marchand-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton" I don't understand why Julien would touch the 3rd line it has been the Bs best...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    i agree it has been the best, but compared to what? the rest of the team has been MIA. i'll defer my uneducated opinion to the head coach who sees these guys practice and play for 8 months a year. clode is in a tough spot right now(that's why he gets paid the big bucks). make no changes- they lose... and he did nothing to get the team going. make changes- they lose.... and he strayed from trusting his players to work it out for themselves. of course if they win, he's a genius. funny how that works.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I like Pouliot's effort and his production is not bad (1-1-2).  I do not think he should be odd man out if CJ decides to move Caron into the lineup.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: 17+19+37+46+63=0:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 17+19+37+46+63=0 : i agree it has been the best, but compared to what? the rest of the team has been MIA. Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

When I say "the 3rd line has been the best" that means I'm comparing them to the rest of the team. Again Julien should not touch what is consistent the 3rd line.

Who else would I be comparing them too ? since you asked...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

The 3rd line has 3 goals in 4 games . Not exactly earth shattering numbers. I like the idea of changing all the lines up. And the most interesting move is Marchand back on the 4th line where he first started out with Thornton and Campbell.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I like Paille-Bergeron-Peverley as a shut down line on defense and a speed line on offense. Also like Marchand back on the 4th line as they all are good by the board players.

Game 5 = win
    Game 6 = win
    Neidermeyer = dead
    Wermer = dead

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 17+19+37+46+63=0 : When I say "the 3rd line has been the best" that means I'm comparing them to the rest of the team. Again Julien should not touch what is consistent the 3rd line. Who else would I be comparing them too ? since you asked...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    The 3rd line is getting every favorable matchup right now. They should be able to outplay the Caps 3rd and 4th lines(and 3rd D pair) on a consistent basis. I wouldn't have thought it going in but it's the top 6 that need to be the difference makers in this series.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It's amazing to me that this group has done zilch.  The only two things I can think of that have happened so far are Seidenberg throwing some checks and Lucic carrying to puck into the zone.

Not much else has gone on that has been memorable.

With the Caps on their heels for the first 40 minutes, the B's should be waiting for quality shots, not just taking anything they can.  Holtby Schmotlby.  He's barely been tested.  He has more "look at me" saves on pucks that are going wide than he does high quality saves.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]  He has more "look at me" saves on pucks that are going wide than he does high quality saves.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

His glove grab on a Chara shot that was going well wide of the net made him worthy of T-shirts saying 'hold by holtby" by the goofs that work for NBC. Made me laugh when Pierre started gawking about his t-shirt idea. The guy is clueless.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins3037. Show bruins3037's posts

In response to "Re: 17+19+37+46+63=0": [QUOTE]It's amazing to me that this group has done zilch.  The only two things I can think of that have happened so far are Seidenberg throwing some checks and Lucic carrying to puck into the zone. Not much else has gone on that has been memorable. With the Caps on their heels for the first 40 minutes, the B's should be waiting for quality shots, not just taking anything they can.  Holtby Schmotlby.  He's barely been tested.  He has more "look at me" saves on pucks that are going wide than he does high quality saves. Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE] So true. The Bruins did exactly what I hoped they would not: pepper Holtby with perimeter shots, and giving him the confidence of "hey, I can do this". Unfortunately, save for a couple of times in game 3, they've kept up with that. Sure, Holtby has played well, but I don't think he's Ken Dryden, as everyone is comparing him too. He's a goalie that's on a bit of a hot streak, but all the Bruins have to do is crowd him a bit, get traffic in front, pick up rebounds, and we'll win. They can do it, the question is will they?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: 17+19+37+46+63=0": So true. The Bruins did exactly what I hoped they would not: pepper Holtby with perimeter shots, and giving him the confidence of "hey, I can do this". Unfortunately, save for a couple of times in game 3, they've kept up with that. Sure, Holtby has played well, but I don't think he's Ken Dryden, as everyone is comparing him too. He's a goalie that's on a bit of a hot streak, but all the Bruins have to do is crowd him a bit, get traffic in front, pick up rebounds, and we'll win. They can do it, the question is will they?
    Posted by bruins3037[/QUOTE]
    This has been entirely media driven, as they are always looking for the next "story".They make a big deal out of nothing 99% of the time,thats why i'd like to see the B's score 4 goals in the first and chase him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to 17+19+37+46+63=0:
    [QUOTE]
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]
    I thought you hit Powerball.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]Overreacting with the Bs forwards imo.  They just went up against a Caps D plan that has been executed to perfection.   CJ's mixing up the lines to see if he can open up better match ups against who Hunter throws out there. I don't get it why people can't see this from the other team's POV.  They, too, have a plan.  And so far it's kept them neck and neck with the Bs. Watching the Philly-Pit series -which is the polar opposite of this one - I notice how both those teams are constantly moving in open space in the other team's end, rather than playing scramble on the boards and pass around the perimeter. When your forwards are moving and shifting, you open up lanes and catch the D out of position on rebounds.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

That Caps shut-down D includes the likes of; Dennis Wideman, Mike Green, Roman Hamrlik, Jeff Schultz and John Erskine. My post simply points out the facts, relative to their production. Over-reaction? No.

If you are satisfied with the play of the B's best forwards, then you and I are watching a different series.  Their play/production has not been good enough.  Here is hoping for better results in Game 5.

Go B's!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 17+19+37+46+63=0 : That Caps shut-down D includes the likes of; Dennis Wideman, Mike Green, Roman Hamrlik, Jeff Schultz and John Erskine. My post simply points out the facts, relative to their production. Over-reaction? No. If you are satisfied with the play of the B's best forwards, then you and I are watching a different series.  Their play/production has not been good enough.  Here is hoping for better results in Game 5. Go B's!!!

The B's should be scoring 20 goals a game!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

This series should have been a sweep.  The first 2 lines need to show up.  They need to actually challenge this goalie rather than shooting into that Capitals crest all the time, they are making him look good.

I think it's high time for a radical coaching move, like a huge line shakeup of some type to brathe life into those first 2 lines.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

If CJ goes with these lines I think it is great.  They need to shake it up and I think having Lucic, Bergeron, Seguin and Marchand all on diiferent lines makes it tougher for Washington to play their shutdown guys against them.  Also I think it may wake up some players (Marchand) and take the pressure off others (Lucic & Seguin). They both seem to be squeezing the stick too hard.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

In Response to 17+19+37+46+63=0:
    [QUOTE]Your best players need to be your best players.  This group has 1 crummy assist (Bergeron) in 4 games in the series.  Nowhere near good enough. That's 20 GP: 0 goals 1 assist 1 point +/-: -3 Heck, Thornton is 0-0-0 for the series as well, but at least he is a +1. They need to find it soon. Go B's!!! 

Amen!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

They all look terrible again. All

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from udontnojack. Show udontnojack's posts

peewee players can shoot better than these guys.how about putting the puck on net and being in position to shoot once in awhile!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

This is all about effort, Bruins look defeated already. I think this will bring some big changes in the offseason...which looks like it make come too soon unfortunately.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Whereis the intensity? Where is the hitting? Any intensity! Any hitting? PLEASE!!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Nice tip Johnny !