1st Place

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: 1st Place

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We started on fire last year as well.  Long season full of ups and downs.  Things have been clicking from goalie, to dmen to fwds.  

[/QUOTE]

And they will hit those bumps.

[/QUOTE]

They hit one last night but managed 2 points out of it!  The hockey Gods were kind.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

I dunno whether it was because the Bruins were especially tired from the night before, but Man, San Jose looked really good!

They skate like the beejeesus and forecheck relentlessly

I thought their Powerplay looked kinda innovative - something the B's might look at trying;

One sequence saw them move the puck around very quickly, using only quick one-touches, never holding the puck on the blades of their sticks, creating triangles throughout the offensive zone. In one instance they must have negotiated 6 quick touches between themselves and forcing the Bruins to really chase and run around. They moved the puck like soccer players do, or like basketball players move the ball around the key.

"Nothing moves faster than the puck."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to gord11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I dunno whether it was because the Bruins were especially tired from the night before, but Man, San Jose looked really good!

I thought their Powerplay looked kinda innovative - something the B's might look at trying;

One sequence saw them move the puck around very quickly, using only quick one-touches, never holding the puck on the blades of their sticks, creating triangles throughout the offensive zone. In one instance they must have negotiated 6 quick touches between themselves and forcing the Bruins to really chase and run around. They moved the puck like soccer players do, or like basketball players move the ball around the key.

[/QUOTE]

SJ are very good.  I could see them making the final. Logan is quietly taking over that team.  Hes amazing.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I was thinking that too - on some of their possessions they looked like they were Arsenal. I haven't seen many hockey teams pull off that style.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

SJ are very good.  I could see them making the final. Logan is quietly taking over that team.  Hes amazing.  

[/QUOTE]

They are good, so far, and have been picked over the last 8 years by numerous media type's and publications to win the Cup or at least make the final. They seem to have it all and D.Wilson over the years has added different pieces trying to get them over the hump but to no avail. We'll see, but as has been mentioned, its a long way till june. The Sharks could just be one of those franchises that can never match the hype.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They are good, so far, and have been picked over the last 8 years by numerous media type's and publications to win the Cup or at least make the final. They seem to have it all and D.Wilson over the years has added different pieces trying to get them over the hump but to no avail. We'll see, but as has been mentioned, its a long way till june. The Sharks could just be one of those franchises that can never match the hype.

[/QUOTE]

Or like detroit keep the core and finally pull it all together.  Stevie Y was almost traded numerous times.  SJ def seems like a weak point.  But they are bold in making deals.  I like their team.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's a ten year line. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

The powerplay hasn't seen the results, but I still see vast improvement. They can at least control the puck and get some solid zone time, which they never could in years past. Having Krug and Dougie working the points is a great improvement, and putting Chara down low is a great adjustment for screens and to win puck battles down low. The biggest issue is that other than Krug, who usually mans the top of the umbrella, there isn't really a big threat lefty one-timer to play on the right boards. Iginla will connect on some one-timers soon; just give it time. I would be surprised if they're below average by the end of the year.

No complaints from me, though. Love the fresh blood that they've added, and the young D-men taking steps forward from last year. Kelly and Caron have shown vast improvements from a year ago, and Paille and Campbell still help round out the depth very well.

Having a good third line this year is going to help immensely; they had a pretty rough year last year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Slogging along at a 12.9% pace, the powerplay is clearly a major problem for this team and must be fixed immediately.

I wish they were as good as the Islanders and their 28.1%.

[/QUOTE]

LMAO! You're such a tool! But, a very good point indeed!